What's the Next Concert You're Attending?

Jahfin

• 2 weeks later...

Just bought a ticket to Iron Maiden at the Oakland Oracle Arena for September. 

I almost bought a ticket to Metallica with the SF Symphony, but it cost more than $700...

There aren't as many venues out here in the Bay area as compared to NYC...a lot of bands don't seem to come here :(

On 4/5/2019 at 10:35 PM, ScarletMacaw said:

Just bought a ticket to Iron Maiden at the Oakland Oracle Arena for September. 

I almost bought a ticket to Metallica with the SF Symphony, but it cost more than $700...

There aren't as many venues out here in the Bay area as compared to NYC...a lot of bands don't seem to come here :(

$700 to see Metallica?!? 😮 Oy vey! I wouldn't pay that much to see the Rolling Stones, let alone Metallica. Even with a symphony, that is ticket gouging. I saw Sigur Rós with a symphony last year and it only cost around $70.

San Francisco seems to have lost more venues in relation to L.A. and N.Y.  No more Carousel Ballroom/Fillmore West, Winterland, Cow Palace, Kezar Stadium. Bimbo's is still around, yes? And there is something called the Fillmore Auditorium, which has nothing to do with the old Fillmore. But everything else is outside of San Francisco...Shoreline Amphitheatre, Oakland-Alameda Stadium, Oakland Coliseum (which is now called the Oracle?), the new '49er stadium. I suppose the Castro could be used for concerts. It's sad to see San Francisco so underserved considering its rich musical history.

On 4/8/2019 at 10:20 PM, Strider said:

$700 to see Metallica?!? 😮 Oy vey! I wouldn't pay that much to see the Rolling Stones, let alone Metallica. Even with a symphony, that is ticket gouging. I saw Sigur Rós with a symphony last year and it only cost around $70.

San Francisco seems to have lost more venues in relation to L.A. and N.Y.  No more Carousel Ballroom/Fillmore West, Winterland, Cow Palace, Kezar Stadium. Bimbo's is still around, yes? And there is something called the Fillmore Auditorium, which has nothing to do with the old Fillmore. But everything else is outside of San Francisco...Shoreline Amphitheatre, Oakland-Alameda Stadium, Oakland Coliseum (which is now called the Oracle?), the new '49er stadium. I suppose the Castro could be used for concerts. It's sad to see San Francisco so underserved considering its rich musical history.

I think the Cow Palace is still there but it seems to be being used for cow events...it is strange that there isn't more interest in rock music here...I've heard San Jose has a lot of local blues bands...there are two local venues here in Marin, Terrapin Crossroads which I believe is owned by Phil Lesh, and Sweetwaters. I haven't been to them yet. They don't have the same caliber artists as the Iridium or Irving Plaza in New York City. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 5/6/2019 at 12:56 AM, Badgeholder Still said:

Image result for overkill tour 2019

I saw them on the their 25th Anniversary tour and they we awesome. It was just like listening to their Wrecking Your Neck and Wrecking Everything live albums. I find they are very under rated as a metal band. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

UFO has announced their final U.S. tour and it begins October at the Grove in Anaheim...no dates in L.A. proper as of yet.

No Michael Schenker or Pete Way. Raymond just passed away in the middle of their European tour and they replaced him with...Vinnie Moore? 

But I haven't seen UFO since 1982 or 1984 and I love their songs and have been thinking about taking my nephew so he can hear them in concert at least once. But Vinnie Moore? Gawd, I hated his shitty music in the 1980s.

Has anyone seen UFO on this final tour? Is it worth ponying up the $50? How does Phil sound? Does Vinny fit in with the band or does he play his squiggly-wiggly bullshit?

Edited by Strider