What's the Next Concert You're Attending?

Jahfin

Neil Young, BB King, Jeff Beck were all in my city and my parents wouldnt let me go :angry: and I'd love to see Lynyrd Skynyrd. Jackson Browne's coming but Im not into him much, Steely Dan were here last year, are they still on the same tour?? and who's Tinariwen

Tinariwen are a Tuareg band from North Africa - Justin Adams from Robert Plant's Strange Sensation band produced two of their records. Robert has also performed with them on stage. They are an amazing band both live and on record. I would highly recommend checking them out :D

Edited by ninelives

The Keith Urban tickets came; can't wait! Six of us girls are going! :)

All right! Sounds like a party! And "rock on" to whoever said they were seeing Lynyrd Skynyrd - I had a blast when I saw them last July; hope you have one, too!

You know what? Forget Coachella. I'm graduating college in June, and dammit, I want to celebrate. Therefore, I'm thinking of flying myself to Kentucky (yes, KY - there's a logical reason, I swear) and seeing Jamey Johnson in June instead. Yeah, it'll cost more than Coachella would've, but it's that much more worth it to me. I don't know what it is about that guy, but I've been wearing out his CD...something just clicked.

The Black Keys, who I really wanted to see there, come here all the time, so it wasn't a life or death situation to start with, really. Although it is kind of hard to believe I'm trading Macca for some country guy... On the other hand, this isn't 1964, and none of the rest of the Beatles will be there, so I just can't get into that as much as I'd like to. Yeah, I'm in crazy-land, but it's fun here. ;)

The Hard Rock Live concert facility near me is having a classic albums show next month for Physical Graffiti which we are attending. Back around Christmas they did a show featuring the music of John Lennon and it was amazing how good the musicians were. I am looking forward to hearing how PG is represented live, especially with the number of songs on it that were never (or rarely for some) performed live by Zep.

• 2 weeks later...

Eric Clapton and Steve Winwood on June 15, Columbus, Ohio.

Metallica on September 15, Cincinnati, Ohio.

Maybe Metallica on October 15, Cleveland, Ohio.

Fleetwood Mac is playing on Friday April 14th in Columbus. Would like to go but I will be in Fort Lauderdale that weekend. Too bad.

I can officially say U2 end of September since i now have tickets! I would love to see Bruce this month (still deciding if i want to spend the money) and i'm thinking about the Allman Brothers Band this summer. I saw ABB back in 1981 and would really love to see them again. Actually, i would like to see Fleetwood Mac, too. Gonna have to check out the date.

U2 just confirmed a Raleigh date for October at Carter-Finley Stadium. Due to the economy they've said they'll make ticket prices "reasonable". If I'm not mistaken I believe I've read they'll start at $30 (before inconvenience charges). If that turns out to be true I may have to pop my live U2 cherry even it means sitting in the nosebleed section.

U2 just confirmed a Raleigh date for October at Carter-Finley Stadium. Due to the economy they've said they'll make ticket prices "reasonable". If I'm not mistaken I believe I've read they'll start at $30 (before inconvenience charges). If that turns out to be true I may have to pop my live U2 cherry even it means sitting in the nosebleed section.

The ticket prices varied, but the less popular seats were priced reasonably (and for a band of this stature, i would say the prices were very good)! My seat was $96, but i believe they started around $50 (my sister purchased them so i don't have the exact amounts). If you like their music, you won't be disappointed.

Good idea. The stage is going to be HUGE (the entire Stones stage from their last tour can fit inside) and the are playing "in the round" basically so shouldn't be too many bad seats in the house. I got my $95 tix for the Tampa gig in October, this past Monday. Going to be awesome!!!!

Edited by Walter

I can officially say U2 end of September since i now have tickets! I would love to see Bruce this month (still deciding if i want to spend the money) and i'm thinking about the Allman Brothers Band this summer. I saw ABB back in 1981 and would really love to see them again. Actually, i would like to see Fleetwood Mac, too. Gonna have to check out the date.

Woot! :cheer: I can't wait to see them here in October!!

Heart is going to be playing nearby in May, and my 7 year old is DYING to go (she knows their stuff!) so I will probably take her. I think hubby and son are getting a group together to see Skynyrd/Kid Rock this summer also.

I am keeping an ear out for radio contests for this week's DMB concert. I wish I could go but I've spent enough on concert tickets in the last 2 weeks...

Yes, you do. ;)

Yes, you do. ;)

I know i do... it's just can i really afford it? Decent seats are close to $200 and while i was able to spend that a few years ago, single motherhood has meant some sacrifices.... but my sister really wants to go, too, so i'm pretty sure she is going to look for tickets online today! I will keep you posted. Last time i saw Bruce was when he toured The Rising, i'm overdue!

I know i do... it's just can i really afford it? Decent seats are close to $200 and while i was able to spend that a few years ago, single motherhood has meant some sacrifices.... but my sister really wants to go, too, so i'm pretty sure she is going to look for tickets online today! I will keep you posted. Last time i saw Bruce was when he toured The Rising, i'm overdue!

Last time I saw Bruce was 1998 :o

I really, really hope they come to the UK/Europe. I saw them during the Say You Will tour in 2003 and they were amazing, and that, apparently, wasn't a 'happy tour'. I saw the Stone a few months earlier, and - out of the two - the Mac were my favourite. I've heard some boots from this tour and they sound pretty tight. But, apparently, Stevie Nicks has said that they may not be able to afford a tour to Europe :'(