What's the Next Concert You're Attending?

Jahfin

I am going to see Metallica tomorrow in Cincinnati with my sons. I bet there won't be too many families at this concert, LOL. I don't know if I am up for this head-banging event. I will definitely take my ear plugs. I really do like Metallica. I am sure that my oldest son will buy this concert recording that the band offers on-line. I've listened to the recording of the Columbus concert from last October, and it was great! It will be an interesting experience as I have never been to any metal concerts before. No cameras are allowed, so I won't be posting any pics of this concert. After getting caught recording the Eric Clapton/Steve Winwood concert, I am not even going to take my camera to this one. biggrin.gif

I am going to see Metallica tomorrow in Cincinnati with my sons. I bet there won't be too many families at this concert, LOL. I don't know if I am up for this head-banging event. I will definitely take my ear plugs. I really do like Metallica. I am sure that my oldest son will buy this concert recording that the band offers on-line. I've listened to the recording of the Columbus concert from last October, and it was great! It will be an interesting experience as I have never been to any metal concerts before. No cameras are allowed, so I won't be posting any pics of this concert. After getting caught recording the Eric Clapton/Steve Winwood concert, I am not even going to take my camera to this one. biggrin.gif

Hi Doc,

Have a Great Night with your boys, "Enter Sandman" now thats a truely awesome song, shame about the Camera, i did three Led Zeppelin shows without getting caught, how times are a changing aye?

Regards, Danny

Hi Doc,

Have a Great Night with your boys, "Enter Sandman" now thats a truely awesome song, shame about the Camera, i did three Led Zeppelin shows without getting caught, how times are a changing aye?

Regards, Danny

Thanks, Danny.

Enter Sandman is my favorite Metallica song. I have to play it over and over. I can't just play it once. Drives my sons crazy, LOL. They like the more obscure songs from the earlier albums. You know that they have to play this song, as it is probably their most famous.

Thanks, Danny.

Enter Sandman is my favorite Metallica song. I have to play it over and over. I can't just play it once. Drives my sons crazy, LOL. They like the more obscure songs from the earlier albums. You know that they have to play this song, as it is probably their most famous.

Hi Doc,

Mine too, now doesnt everyone love the old obscure songs, when i hear a Led Zeppelin one like "The Girl I Love She Got Long Black Wavy Hair" it does the same to me. Enjoy the night with your boys, then give us a review please. ;)

Kind Regards, Danny

Edited by BIGDAN

Hi Doc,

Mine too, now doesnt everyone love the old obscure songs, when i hear a Led Zepplin one like "The Girl I Love She Got Long Black Wavy Hair" it does the same to me. Enjoy the night with your boys, then give us a review please. wink.gif

Kind Regards, Danny

Thanks. smile.gif

I may even try to sneak in my small compact camera and get a few photos, although they probably won't be that great with that camera. The concert venue is on the Ohio River, and maybe I'll get a few photos of it to post. Anyway, I will give a review when I return.

Thanks. smile.gif

I may even try to sneak in my small compact camera and get a few photos, although they probably won't be that great with that camera. The concert venue is on the Ohio River, and maybe I'll get a few photos of it to post. Anyway, I will give a review when I return.

Thanks Doc, i'll wait in anticipation then, sounds exciteing aye?

Kind Regards, Danny

Hi Danny and everyone!

As promised, here is my report of the Metallica concert:

It was awesome! This was the second show of this leg of their tour, and they were well rested and ready to rock and roll. They opened with That Was Just Your Life and a great lasar light show. They played Enter Sandman, as well as all of my favorites, including One, The Unforgiven, Master of Puppets, and Nothing Else Matters. The crowd was very loud and on fire. So was the band! James' voice was a little different, not as growlish. But still the vocals were good, and he had alot of banter with the audience. Metallica really respects their audience. At the end of the show, they stayed on stage for another 15 minutes or so, greeting the fans, passing out drum sticks and guitar picks to those near the stage. It was after 11:30 PM and they didn't want to leave. By the way, you can download this concert on livemetallica.com, according to my son, who is downloading it as I speak, LOL. I won't spoil it for those who are going to see them by telling about all the special things that they did. It was a great concert.

I have been trying to post some pictures taken with my little camera that I managed to get into the venue. I am having trouble with this site in posting the pictures. I will keep trying.

Just a note. The venue in Cincinnati, US Bank Arena, is the former Riverfront Colisseum, the site of the infamous Who concert in 1979 where several fans were trampled to death. I have been there before, but it was a little bit creepy. The place probably holds alot of ghosts. They were really rocking out last night. (No dsrespect meant for those who died in the tragedy. But I do believe in ghosts.)

Edited by BUCK'EYE' DOC

Any tips on how to post the photos?

I keep getting an error message saying "You are not permitted to use that image extension." Or something like that.

I am using the html code on photobucket and the inset image icon.

I tried the inset media link, and that didn't work either.

Please help!

Edited by BUCK'EYE' DOC

Any tips on how to post the photos?

I keep getting an error message saying "You are not permitted to use that image extension." Or something like that.

I am using the html code on photobucket and the inset image icon.

I tried the inset media link, and that didn't work either.

Please help!

Hi Doc,

Thanks for the Review of the concert, you sound like you had a great time which i know you did, the boys enjoyed it too no doubt? GREAT Generations coming together in Music is a wondrous thing isnt it?

Now Photobucket, i use this all the time so i'll just run through how i post pictures on here and you can follow me.

1. Log on, and find your picture.

2. Scroll down your picture until you come to the IMG code, not the HTML code.

3. Ctrl C the Picture and then Ctrl V on your post here and if all goes to plan you should be able to see your Picture as you can the one i just posted.

4. If you need anymore help, go see a Doctor, oops sorry you are one. :lol: No really just ask and we can run through it again.

Kind Regards, Danny

PS, My Picture.

LedZeppelinVan.jpg

I can't believe it, but I am going to see Metallica again next week in Cleveland at the Quicken Loan Arena!!

My oldest son just called and said that he got a tip from the Metallica fan club that extra tickets for the Cleveland concert were going on sale today. So he bought two, and asked me to go with him. Now all I have to do is rearrange my patient schedule so that I can go. It will be an up and back trip from Columbus to Cleveland on the same day, a trip of about 3 hours one way, so that my son doesn't have to miss any classes. I am dreading that journey. But it will be great to see Metallica again. My son says that he fears that they won't be touring the US for a long while after this tour is over, so he wants to see them while he has the opportunity. The opportunity may never come again, who knows.

Stone Temple Pilots on November 24 in Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada. I can't wait. I'd never thought that Scott would get back together with the band (I also assumed that he would be the next musician to overdose on drugs).

I've seen them many times, however last year they (Scott, I mean) did not show up for the concert and they cancelled AFTER the opening bands had played. Hope you have better luck there!

U2 tomorrow night!!!! Counting down the minutes! :whistling:

I'm seeing Hanson next Thursday in NYC, Friday in Albany, Sunday in DC and Monday in Baltimore. I can't wait! I'm also seeing a great band, Stephen Kellogg and the Sixers, and maybe Roger Daltrey in late November. And I'm trying as hard as I can to go see Bruce at the Garden.

I've seen them many times, however last year they (Scott, I mean) did not show up for the concert and they cancelled AFTER the opening bands had played. Hope you have better luck there!

U2 tomorrow night!!!! Counting down the minutes! :whistling:

Living in the Eastern most province in Canada, I always have to fly everywhere to see mainstream concerts. Cancellation is always my biggest fear because I invest a lot of money on return flights and hotels, as well as time off from work. I have been lucky so far. I only had 1 concert cancellation (Lenny Kravitz, luckily in my hometown so I had no travel expenses) and 1 postponed (Led Zeppelin at the O2 in 2007, in which I paid dearly for flight/hotel changes, which was soooo worth it.)