What's the Next Concert You're Attending?

Jahfin

This Friday it's night one of a two night stand from Drivin' n' Cryin' at the Pour House in Raleigh. Sunday it's the Gourds (and many others) at the Shakori Hills Grassroots Festival in Silk Hope, NC.

icon14.gif

Drivin' N Cryin' is coming here to Augusta and I was planning to see them.

But the one I can't wait for is...

Sunday, November 15th - The Cult in the ATL at The Tabernacle.

It's their "Love Live" tour where they play the entire Love album.

As my friend said, we're gonna see The Cult at The Tabernacle on the Sabbath. lulz.

And I'm sure it will become a Sonic Temple.

TheCult.jpg

That looks like Metallica. I seen them last year. Was a great concert!

Hi tyedye!

Yes, the pics are of Metallica.

I saw them on September 15, 2009, in Cincinnati.

It, too, was a great concert.

I am going to see them again on Thursday in Cleveland!

Can't wait!

I wonder what their cover song will be this time?

It was a Queen song in Cincinnati. Stone Cold Crazy.

Edited by BUCK'EYE' DOC

Hi tyedye!

Yes, the pics are of Metallica.

I saw them on September 15, 2009, in Cincinnati.

It, too, was a great concert.

I am going to see them again on Thursday in Cleveland!

Can't wait!

I wonder what their cover song will be this time?

It was a Queen song in Cincinnati. Stone Cold Crazy.

Metallica will be in Charlottesville/John Paul Jones Arena on Saturday, but it's my daughter's Homecoming that night.

I suspect my next concert will be taking my girls to see Taylor Swift in March; just announced that she will be at JPJ. Although I would be more than happy for Hubby to take them instead! :)

Metallica will be in Charlottesville/John Paul Jones Arena on Saturday, but it's my daughter's Homecoming that night.

I suspect my next concert will be taking my girls to see Taylor Swift in March; just announced that she will be at JPJ. Although I would be more than happy for Hubby to take them instead! smile.gif

You can't miss that homecoming, Virginia. Will this be her first one?

When my boys were in high school and went to homecoming, all the parents and kids met at one house and everyone took pictures before the kids left for dinner and the dance. Then the parents had their own party. It was fun. The girls at my boys' school wore formal dresses to the homecoming dances, almost like prom. In my day, the girls wore skirts and sweaters or pantsuits to the homecoming dance. Now, the girls go all out, getting their hair and nails done, wearing long dresses. The boys did not wear suits, lol, to homecoming. They just wore khaki pants and sweaters, even though the girls went all out in getting dressed up

I hope that your daughter has a great time!

And I can't say that I blame you about the Taylor Swift concert. Even though she is lovely and has a lovely voice, I can't handle country music, LOL.

You can't miss that homecoming, Virginia. Will this be her first one?

When my boys were in high school and went to homecoming, all the parents and kids met at one house and everyone took pictures before the kids left for dinner and the dance. Then the parents had their own party. It was fun. The girls at my boys' school wore formal dresses to the homecoming dances, almost like prom. In my day, the girls wore skirts and sweaters or pantsuits to the homecoming dance. Now, the girls go all out, getting their hair and nails done, wearing long dresses. The boys did not wear suits, lol, to homecoming. They just wore khaki pants and sweaters, even though the girls went all out in getting dressed up

I hope that your daughter has a great time!

And I can't say that I blame you about the Taylor Swift concert. Even though she is lovely and has a lovely voice, I can't handle country music, LOL.

Thanks Doc; she is a Junior this year and has gone each year so far; she is going with a group of friends :) The girls are wearing short cocktail dresses; hers is off white with some gold "glitter" on it; very pretty! :) I think she's getting her nails done etc. too. Your parent party sounds like fun!

I like some country; I really enjoyed seeing Keith Urban but the only other country artists I would like to see live would be Martina McBride and maybe Toby Keith.

Thanks Doc; she is a Junior this year and has gone each year so far; she is going with a group of friends smile.gif The girls are wearing short cocktail dresses; hers is off white with some gold "glitter" on it; very pretty! smile.gif I think she's getting her nails done etc. too. Your parent party sounds like fun!

I like some country; I really enjoyed seeing Keith Urban but the only other country artists I would like to see live would be Martina McBride and maybe Toby Keith.

The boys babysitter/nanny turned the youngest one on to Garth Brooks when he was about 8 years old. When Garth had a concert in Columbus, I treated the babysitter and her husband, as well as my entire family to the concert. I actually enjoyed it. Garth was full of energy, and his was not too twangy of a country style. He even sang Bye, Bye Miss American Pie. Garth is about the only country artist that I can handle.

It saddens me deeply to report it looks like I won't make the Type O show after all.

Fundification became non-existent after the purchase of a vehicle.

I am truly bummed.

Oh well, at least The Cult is on like Donkey Kong!

Hi:

I just an e-mail from the JLC stating there are still tickets for the JAY-Z concert on Thursday..I may go...hopefully it will be more interesting than the Keith Urban concert a few weeks ago....I just didn't enjoy all the ballads but I did enjoy the upbeat tunes at the beginning..I was stopped on my way to my seat that night. I complained. It turns out the guy who stopped me was part of the show. He was not familiar with the Centre. Because my seat was so close to the stage, he must have thought I was trying to get back stage.. I can laugh about it now... :lol:

I see Keith's new video is from a concert. Many young females are featured while he sings a love song...I wonder if that video was shot in London because Keith said there would be filming during his gig...

Juliet B)

PS I think I may go to see Jay-Z...I like the tunes hs sings that have a R&B vibe...

PSS http://www.johnlabattcentre.com/

Edited by Juliet