What's the Next Concert You're Attending?

Jahfin

I am seeing Rush on Sunday August 29th at Columbus' Nationwide Arena. Can't wait!

Also recently got tickets for Roger Waters' The Wall for Friday October 22 at Columbus' Schottenstein Value City Arena.

The affordable tickets for The Wall concert had been unavailable for a long time, and they only were selling package tickets at $499 or $699 each! These tickets must not be selling well so they put some of these seats for sale at more reasonable prices. I just happened to check on Ticketmaster one day a couple of weeks ago when they were available. I got very good seats! It is amazing to me that they save back some good seats and then sell them as the time gets closer to the concert. You would think that if you bought your tickets the day they went on sale then you would be able to get some of the best seats in the house. I am finding out that is not always the case, as I got excellent seats at the last minute for Jeff Beck, Eric Clapton, and the Ringo All Stars this summer. My son bought the Rush tickets as soon as they went on sale, and the seats are just so-so. Go figure!

I am seeing Rush on Sunday August 29th at Columbus' Nationwide Arena. Can't wait!

Also recently got tickets for Roger Waters' The Wall for Friday October 22 at Columbus' Schottenstein Value City Arena.

The affordable tickets for The Wall concert had been unavailable for a long time, and they only were selling package tickets at $499 or $699 each! These tickets must not be selling well so they put some of these seats for sale at more reasonable prices. I just happened to check on Ticketmaster one day a couple of weeks ago when they were available. I got very good seats! It is amazing to me that they save back some good seats and then sell them as the time gets closer to the concert. You would think that if you bought your tickets the day they went on sale then you would be able to get some of the best seats in the house. I am finding out that is not always the case, as I got excellent seats at the last minute for Jeff Beck, Eric Clapton, and the Ringo All Stars this summer. My son bought the Rush tickets as soon as they went on sale, and the seats are just so-so. Go figure!

Hello Buckeye!!!

Many many thanks for posting this. since you let me know about this I also went on Ticketmaster and I got 21st row!!!

I tried to get some when they first went onsale but only the top of the house(literally) were available. I'm shooting for Nassau since that's where the original show was played. The question is: which one will gilmour play??

As for these tix available, I think you're right. They were part of a package that didn't sell in time so they released them as seats only. Again. Thank you bigtime!

Hello Buckeye!!!

Many many thanks for posting this. since you let me know about this I also went on Ticketmaster and I got 21st row!!!

I tried to get some when they first went onsale but only the top of the house(literally) were available. I'm shooting for Nassau since that's where the original show was played. The question is: which one will gilmour play??

As for these tix available, I think you're right. They were part of a package that didn't sell in time so they released them as seats only. Again. Thank you bigtime!

Hi bigzepfan!

That's great news! I am glad that you were able to get good seats, too! Glad that my post was helpful to you! That's what is so great about this forum: friends exchanging useful information with each other!

I bet there is very little chance that David Gilmour will appear at the Columbus show. New York would be more likely, but who knows if he even will take the stage again with Roger. I doubt it.

Eric Clapton has been known to guest appear at concerts in Columbus before.

He does have a residence here, so I guess that he does get out and about and attend events when he is in town. He's been doing alot of touring the past few years and there hasn't been many Eric sightings around here lately.

• 2 weeks later...

Going to see Rush tomorrow night at Columbus' Nationwide Arena.

I am more than ready for this concert! I have been listening to Rush non-stop for the last two weeks!

I hear that they are playing the entire "Moving Pictures" album, one of my favorites from them.

I wonder if they will have any dryers on stage?

I don't want to read any reviews of this tour as I want to be surprised by the concert and experience it without any expectations.

I love Geddy's voice, and it will be interesting to see how it has held out after all of these years.

Edited by BUCK'EYE' DOC

I am more than ready for this concert! I have been listening to Rush non-stop for the last two weeks!

I hear that they are playing the entire "Moving Pictures" album, one of my favorites from them.

I don't want to read any reviews of this tour as I want to be surprised by the concert and experience it without any expectations.

I love Geddy's voice, and it will be interesting to see how it has held out after all of these years.

Moving Pictures is my fav. Red Barchetta. Love that one. Should be good. They were on TV recently. Good old music. It will be great.

Another thing I miss about the "old days". Back in the 1970's they had summerfest here in upstate NY. Rich Stadium, now Ralph Wilson stadium, home of the Bills, can seat well over 80.000 for a concert. I remember the Rolling Stones, Elton John and then three groups at a time would show up. Big names at the time. I saw the Outlaws and Journey both open for the Rolling Stones. Many great outdoor concerts in those days. Nothing now even resembles the concerts of those days.

Another thing I miss about the "old days". Back in the 1970's they had summerfest here in upstate NY. Rich Stadium, now Ralph Wilson stadium, home of the Bills, can seat well over 80.000 for a concert. I remember the Rolling Stones, Elton John and then three groups at a time would show up. Big names at the time. I saw the Outlaws and Journey both open for the Rolling Stones. Many great outdoor concerts in those days. Nothing now even resembles the concerts of those days.

Those types of festivals still exist. How do you know nothing resembles them if you haven't been? I love those settings as well but there's something special about a small club - much more intimate setting IMO.

• 2 weeks later...

You really should get out more. These are just a few, there's many more.

Yep there are many more and there's Tee Pee Records based in New York that every year has a showcase in NY and LA and some of the music I'm sure silvermedalist would like had it been released in the 70s or if he would actually listen to it.

As for the next concert I'll be attending it is Ancestors w/ The Fucking Wrath in the same local venue ZanZilla I attended T.F.W with Radio Moscow two nights ago. On October 20. It's actally a record release show for T.F.W.

Ancestors

ancestors.jpg

Edited by Rock N' Rollin' Man

Yeah, it's the Time Machine Tour.

I'll see it in Alpharetta, GA (above Atlanta) September 29.

We got seats dead center about 8 or 9 rows back.

I took off work the 29th & 30th.

I anticipate an epic show.

We saw both legs of the Snakes and Arrows Tour, and suffice it to say, Rush gives you your money's worth.

28 songs with an intermission.

Oh yeah.

Yeah, it's the Time Machine Tour.

I'll see it in Alpharetta, GA (above Atlanta) September 29.

We got seats dead center about 8 or 9 rows back.

I took off work the 29th & 30th.

I anticipate an epic show.

We saw both legs of the Snakes and Arrows Tour, and suffice it to say, Rush gives you your money's worth.

28 songs with an intermission.

Oh yeah.

It was a great show, TypeO. I hope you have a great time!

Don't miss the beginning of the concert. There is a funny intro that I loved. And alot of humor throughout the concert.

The music was fantastic. Rush is a very underated band. They are awesome in concert.