What's the Next Concert You're Attending?

Jahfin

Lyle Lovett and John Hiatt at the Beacon Theatre in NY Saturday night.

First time at the Beacon - can't wait!!

That oughter be a good one. On tap for me this weekend is Megafaun, who are playing a two-nighter at King's Barcade in Raleigh. I'm really looking forward to it as they should be debuting some tunes from their upcoming record. They'll also be unveiling their new four piece line up.

Thanks to my darling sweet daughter I got my Beck ticket!!!!

April 13th @ The Depot.

The thing was only 1200 tickets, so I had darling daughter at her house online and me at my pad, well she scored before me so Thanx Honey!!!! :wub: She didn't want to go even though Beck is her dad's hero.

This mama happy today. :yay:

Slash and Myles rocking it there tonight, never a GnR's fan but had to see both and for less than 30 bucks a great my kinda deal. B)

Edited by Hotplant

Don't know if anyone remembers Tony Carey from the 80s, but I just read that he's supposed to play in Colorado in June - his first time in the states since 1984.

He was the keyboardist for Rainbow in the 70s, and went on to do Planet P Project (Why Me?) and then solo.

He had some great tunes, including I Won't Be Home Tonight and A Fine, Fine Day.

If it's true, I may try to make it.

This might stir some old memories...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I will be seeing Robert in April in Louisville. :cheer:

I just bought presale tickets to see Josh Groban in Columbus in August!

Got great floor seats. The hubby will go with me to this one!

I saw Josh in concert a few years ago at a fairly small venue. He was great! Sounded just like his CD's. He is playing at the Shottenstein Center in Columbus, a large arena. I hope that he sounds just as great in a large venue.

Well, the biggest for importance is the HVF in Victoria Park this year:):)

http://www.highvoltagefestival.com/2011/03/08/high-voltage-2011-more-acts-announced-2/

High Voltage 2011 – More Acts Announced!

We’re delighted and excited to bring you news of yet more amazing bands who’ve been added to the High Voltage 2011 line up, as well as revealing the line up for the Metal Hammer Stage!

With an already seriously epic line up, featuring heavy metal gods Judas Priest and metal heroes Dream Theater both taking to the Main Stage for UK exclusive headline sets, plus rock super group Black Country Communion, rock favourites Thunder and prog legends Jethro Tull, we’re thrilled to be able to reveal more acts for the classic rock festival of 2011!

Over on the Prog Stage on Saturday we’re delighted to announce that legendary prog band John Lees’ Barclay James Harvest make their first performance since the death of co-founding member Stuart ‘Woolly’ Wolstenholme in 2010. Cult heroes Amplifier – described by Classic Rock as “unbridled progressive and space rock” – have also been confirmed for the Prog Stage, alongside Finnish rock siblings the Von Hertzen Brothers who have been likened to the “Foo Fighters playing Pink Floyd’s greatest hits”.

The Main Stage will also welcome Skin, and hot young blues rockers Rival Sons who are bring back the sounds and sentiments of early Zeppelin with the bombast of Aerosmith and some added blues.

Now the news we know you’ve been waiting for: The Metal Hammer Stage Line Up. We’re honoured to reveal that post metal legends Neurosis will headline the Metal Hammer stage, following their 25 year celebration last year. They’ll be joined by British thrashers Evile, Swedish power trio Grand Magus, groove-metallers Attica Rage, death thrash Brits Ravens Creed and new wave metallers Primitai.

Dorset’s very own stoner doomsters Electric Wizard will also be take to the the Metal Hammer stage for a headline set. Anthemic rock’n’rollers Black Spiders join them, alongside UK metallers Gentlemans Pistols and melodic riff masters Furyon.

High Voltage is the festival all true rock fans have been waiting for – custom built by rock fans, for rock fans.

Tuesday 8th March 2011, 09:59

We were considering QOTSA in the ATL, but tix were $95 - a little too rich for our blood just now.

Rush is making the second leg of their Time Machine Tour, but we saw the first leg, as well as both legs of Snakes and Arrows, so I'm feeling a little over-Rushed for now.

Saw Yes is touring, but Jon Anderson isn't part of the lineup, which would be somewhat disappointing.

So it's kinda up in the air right now.

Chastain Park Summer Concert Series:

June 5th-Buddy Guy and BB King

July 21st- Peter Framptoon

August 7th-Steely Dan

Man, that's a nice line up Deborah. Saving my $$$ for Steely Dan as they are the hubby's favorite. Peter Frampton would be awsome too but gotta make a choice, unless I come into some extra dough.

Jackson Browne is coming to see me in April and I'm considering U2 right now. It will be the one and only time they will come to my little part of the world (July 30) and after "It Might Get Loud" he is now on a first name basis with JP...so me thinks...

Edited by MINI_Zoso