What's the Next Concert You're Attending?

Jahfin

i am off to glastonbury in a few days....can't wait especially looking forward to the old guard....lee scratch perry, bb king, paul simon, but QOTSA was definitely the surprise addition. very not glastonbury to have such a heavy band on, but i am definitely not complaining....now all we need is for the rainclouds to eff off.

I'm so jealous, I love QOTSA! I saw them back in March, it was amazing, I really hope they come play a show by me again soon. But anyway, I'll be seeing Paul McCartney at Yankee Stadium on July 13th!

• 1 month later...

Next Friday at Lakewood Amphitheater in Atlanta - The Rockstar Mayhem Festival.

Time to feed my inner headbanger.

JAGERMEISTER STAGE:

Uncrowned - 1:45

Red Fang - 2:35

Kingdom of Sorrow - 3:35

Unearth - 4:35

The Athiarchists - 5:45

REVOLVER STAGE:

Straight Line Stitch - 2:05

All Shall Perish - 3:05

Suicide Silence - 4:05

Machine Head - 5:05

ROCKSTAR ENERGY DRINK MAIN STAGE:

Trivium - 6:20

Megadeth - 7:15

Godsmack - 8:30

Disturbed - 9:55

Really want to see The Sadies don't know the other bands.

281585_237031446318055_237031282984738_810063_74906_n.jpg

Big Sandy and His Fly-Rite Boys have been around for quite a long time. Still, I'm not overly familiar with them but what I have heard, I've liked. Eilen Jewell is a relative newcomer and I also haven't heard a lot of her music but she is highly regarded by some of my friends who never miss her when she comes through Raleigh. I heard her covering a vintage Loretta Lynn tune on XM's Outlaw Country channel the other day, sounded pretty good to my ears. I have seen Jesse Sykes and Phil Wandscher and really enjoyed them but they're definitely not your typical alt.country act. Jesse has a very unusual voice that make take some getting used to or that you may not care for at all. Phil was once a member of Whiskeytown. When they're performing with an entire band they're billed as Jesse Sykes and the Sweet Hereafter. I've also seen Whitey Morgan & the 78's a couple of times. If you like outlaw country in the vein of Waylon, Willie, Merle Haggard, etc. then they'll be right up your alley. I liked them well enough but the outlaw country schtick seemed to be a little heavy handed at times.

Austin City Limits Festival from September 16-18. Have the three day pass so it should be a great time. Just hope it's a bit cooler than the 100+ degree temps they've been having for quite some time there in Texas.

Very cool. I am jealous. I couldn't get tickets this year.

Good luck with the weather. I hate to break this to you but the weather might not let up by September. It might be in the 90's. Sorry. We normally don't get cooler weather until at least October and since it has been such a brutal year, it might not get any better until November. Yuck! I hope I am wrong.

Chatham County Line Sept. 6 at the Echo in L.A.

Thank you Jahfin it was you that turned me onto them when you recommended them after I was looking for something like John Hartford's music or something like that.

Hope you enjoy them, they're a fun band to see live.

I had hoped to see Gillian Welch, the Felice Brothers, Those Darlins, Mandolin Orange, Onward Soldiers, the Old Ceremony and Hammer No More the Fingers at the first annual WinocaFest in Wilmington on Saturday but the concert's been postponed due to Hurricane Irene.