What's the Next Concert You're Attending?

Jahfin

Lots to choose from this week (including Donna the Buffalo on Thursday and the Old 97s with Those Darlins on Friday) but I'll most likely pass on those two for Local Band/Local Beer on Thursday and Megafaun w/ Mount Moriah on Saturday. Kathleen Edwards will be in town early next week as well. I've been wanting to see her for years so I'm not going to pass up the opportunity this time.

Going to see Deep Purple in 2 weeks.

Anyone know what version the current line-up resembles? As I recall there are 3 versions of the band according to who was in the band at the time.

First week of March I will be going to see Brit Floyd. Currently made up of several (?) members of The Australian Pink Floyd Show. So far anything I have read about them indicates they have put together a better show than TAPFS.

What great selections some of you have in your area. I am pleased we get what we get.

Edited by MINI_Zoso

Kathleen Edwards with Hannah Georgas at the Cat's Cradle in Carrboro, NC. I've never seen Kathleen so I'm looking very forward to my show with her tonight. Peter Blackstock (formerly of No Depression magazine) has a real nice write up on her that appears in the online version of Durham's Independent Weekly that you can read here.

You might want to try their website, the lineup of the current band is listed there.

Thanks Jahfin.

I have been to their site previously but was still unsure which version of the band I was going to see. I'm guessing the current members are closest to the Mark ll members. Not so much the "Hush" line up as the "Smoke on the Water" line up.

Edited by MINI_Zoso

Just saw that tickets go on sale Friday for Tool in ATL February 8.

Oh yeah.

Hopefully, after Friday I'll be posting the good news.

Took a little longer than I hoped, but it's ON!

Gonna be at The Arena At Gwinnett Center above ATL next Wednesday night for Tool!

I am so psyched!

Last time I saw them was Dec. 7, 1996, so yeah, I'd say I'm due!

Unfortunately, all the setlists I've seen indicate they aren't playing Rosetta Stoned.

However, it is the last show of this particular tour, so ya never know when they might feel generous.

At the very least, I'm hoping they add The Pot to the encore as they did on one of the previous shows in the past couple weeks.

On most of the shows, the encore has been Aenima alone.

One can certainly hope.

If you're close enough, yell it out to do it - they do listen and especially on the last night might play it. It worked for me at an STP New Years show once - or at least I would like to think so! ;)

Enjoy your show!

Saw Jane's was playing the Tabernacle in ATL - is anyone going, I would've loved to!!!!!!!

• 3 weeks later...

The Kevn Kinney Band w/ Lynn Blakey and Ecki Heins at the Local 506 in Chapel Hill tonight. Kevn's band includes Drivin' n' Cryin' bassist Tim Nielsen, guitarist Audley Freed (Cry of Love, Black Crowes) and drummer Anton Fier (Golden Palominos, Bob Mould). I haven't seen Audley play since I saw Cry of Love perform at the Attic in Greenville, NC way back in the early 90s. Dag was the opening band that night.

Juliet, did you get to Deep Purple? I had the pleasure a couple of weeks ago, thoroughly enjoyed it. Sat right in front of Steve Morse.

Got tickets to Brit Floyd. Opinions I have heard so far are that they are better than The Australian Pink Floyd Show!! I am given to understand that they have some former members of TAPFS. Luckily I will get to form my own opinion.

If anyone is in this part of the country March 6 I have 4 tickets and currently only one other person is coming with me!!! Be my guest. 2 seats in the front row and 2 in the 3rd row center.

I'm sure I'll attend another concert prior to this but this benefit that's coming up later this month in Raleigh is still worth mentioning. Back when tickets went on sale for it a month or so ago I passed but not today when a fourth venue was announced. Racing For the Cure is a benefit for Oliver Gant, a local two year old who was diagnosed with cancer last year. To learn more about him and this benefit, click here. The fourth venue is the Lincoln Theatre who will host Tift Merritt, Bombadil, Holy Ghost Tent Revival, Small Ponds and Brice Randall Bickford in concert on Friday, March 23rd. Below is the revised poster for the event.

racingthecure.jpeg

Experience Hendrix 2012

This year's tour will include performances by Buddy Guy, Dweezil Zappa, Billy Cox, Robby Krieger [The Doors], Robert Randolph, Jonny Lang, Kenny Wayne Shepherd, David Hidalgo & Cesar Rosas [Los Lobos], Keb’ Mo, Eric Johnson, Brad Whitford [Aerosmith], Living Colour, Chris Layton [stevie Ray Vaughan & Double Trouble], The Slide Brothers as well as other special guests to be announced.

I've been in a movie-going phase lately, but I'll finally be seeing my first concerts since the great Wilco shows of January.

Sat. March 10: Reverend Horton Heat, Wanda Jackson, Supersuckers and more @ the Galaxy Theatre, Santa Ana...a Rockabilly Festival.

Tuesday March 20: of Montreal and Deerhoof @ the Wiltern Theatre, LA...my favourite band from Athens, GA.

Edited by Strider

Dan Baird and Homemade Sin at the Berkeley Cafe in Raleigh this Thursday. Really looking forward to this one as Homemade Sin includes three original members of the Georgia Satellites as well as Jason and the Scorchers lead guitarist Warner Hodges. The opening band isn't too shabby either, Terry Anderson and the Olympic Ass-Kickin' Team.

DanBairdMarchPoster.jpg

• 3 weeks later...