What's the Next Concert You're Attending?

Jahfin

Next show for me is Tame Impala at the House of Blues Cleveland on June 4th! (last day of school, too :bubble: )

They're releasing a new album "Currents" soon and the tour is going to be supporting the new album. They've always been a favorite of mine and it's gonna be a great way to kick off this summer, I can't wait!

Also on the itinerary this year is Foo Fighters, The Who, and my buddy's local Pink Floyd tribute band "Wish You Were Here" a few times.

Next show for me is Tame Impala at the House of Blues Cleveland on June 4th! (last day of school, too :bubble: )

They're releasing a new album "Currents" soon and the tour is going to be supporting the new album. They've always been a favorite of mine and it's gonna be a great way to kick off this summer, I can't wait!

Also on the itinerary this year is Foo Fighters, The Who, and my buddy's local Pink Floyd tribute band "Wish You Were Here" a few times.

Tame Impala are impressive and trippy live. They are one of the more interesting current bands to see in concert. Good line-up of shows you got there, Icondo.

Next concert up for me is April 30/May 1: Sleater-Kinney @ Hollywood Palladium. The return of the one of the great kick-ass bands of the post-grunge era. :yay:

Our town just released the summer lineup of free outdoor shows, and Mark Farner is listed. Funny, cause last year they had Don Brewer and Mel Shacher play as Grand Funk. They are still a top notch rhythm section, and they had an ex-Kiss guitarist who did a good job. Maybe if Mark, Don, and Mel were reunited, they would get more than these small gigs? I'm not complaining - it's free and sounds fine to me!

Tame Impala are impressive and trippy live. They are one of the more interesting current bands to see in concert. Good line-up of shows you got there, Icondo.

Next concert up for me is April 30/May 1: Sleater-Kinney @ Hollywood Palladium. The return of the one of the great kick-ass bands of the post-grunge era. :yay:

Thanks Strider! This summer is gonna be a great one for concerts!

Sleater-Kinney is a really cool band, too. Kick-ass is a great term to describe them for sure. Enjoy the show! :thumbsup:

New Orleans Jazz Fest:

This weekend:

Saturday: The Who

Sunday: Tony Bennett & Lady Gaga

Next weekend:

Friday: Chicago

Saturday: Elton John

Sunday: Lenny Kravitz (will try to pop over to The O'Jays and Tab Benoit), Buddy Guy

Looks like you got a full lineup ahead of you...and more opportunities to hit Brennan's. ;)

Another concert has popped up on my schedule before the Sleater-Kinney gigs next week...

Wednesday April 29: MASTODON/CLUTCH/GRAVEYARD @ Hollywood Palladium.

Long live Stoner Rock!

Edited by Strider

Icondo123, just saw The Who today at Jazz Fest and was blown away! You will not be disappointed, they sounded really great, and they played with a lot of passion and enthusiasm. And you will appreciate Zak Starkey on the drums, he is a beast!! Great setlist, I especially enjoyed Love Reign O'er Me and Won't Get Fooled Again. Oh, and Who are You, and one more that I didn't recognize but really enjoyed... it was a workout!

Have fun! :)

• 2 weeks later...

Bands saw & highly recommend: Catfish & the Bottlemen; Wolf Alice; The Waterboys. Have to say the Waterboys was one of the best concerts I've seen in recent memory: they were incredible--reminded me of LZ in the sense every musician playing was a master- just awesome. I'd say a don't miss! Coming up: Gear Daddies; Tame Impala.

Oh, and I just saw Strider's April post on the Replacements: I think Chris Mars would very much disagree with the comment that he is dead. He is an artist, not an active musician-hardly the same thing as being dead ; )

I had a chance to mix work/future possibilities while at the same time going to a Def Leppard gig maybe a week ago for a small 2 day trip. It was a GREAT gig with a solid crowd. I saw one member of the band at one point during the day and was going to walk up to him and say hi, and thanks, and welcome to the city they were playing in and maybe recommend a used record store but I chickened out and thought I would just sound like a total loser so I passed up on it which I kinda regret now. When I told my wife she was upset with me for not doing it but oh well, it's not in me I guess. I tried something similar a few months back during The Tea Party gig in Halifax; I felt really dumb reaching my hand out to say thanks and the drummer sort of brushed past me as he was in a rush so I don't think I can do that again.

• 2 weeks later...

Passed on seeing U2...already seen them over 20 times. Missed out on L7's comeback show at the Echo Club due to work...argh.

But the concert gods smiled on me today as free tickets just fell into my lap for...

Jason Bonham's Led Zeppelin Experience @ The Greek Theatre, Sunday May 31...you know who's birthday!

AND...

Robert Plant & the SSSs @ The Greek Theatre, Tuesday June 2.

Man, you're on a good run - ledded1!

Enjoy!

Our next one isn't until August. Alice In Chains.

june has Elvis Costello followed by AC/DC in Glasgow. Robert Plant in July then a few weeks off until September with a decent run of King Crimson Dave Gilmour and CSN.

Saw Rival Sons and Black Stone Cherry tonight. Wow... Rival Sons is the real deal ! Black Stone Cherry was rocking, but Rival was such a step above ... Great riffs, heavy organ, and the vocals, my lord the singer is out of this world!

post-841-0-13106600-1433055638_thumb.jpg

Passed on seeing U2...already seen them over 20 times. Missed out on L7's comeback show at the Echo Club due to work...argh.

But the concert gods smiled on me today as free tickets just fell into my lap for...

Jason Bonham's Led Zeppelin Experience @ The Greek Theatre, Sunday May 31...you know who's birthday!

That's exactly where I would want to be on this special night! Lucky you!!