What's the Next Concert You're Attending?

Jahfin

12 hours ago, OceanZoso said:

Nice pics Reids! Glad you are going to this show too, looking forward to seeing Arielle open, she is good 

Thx. I’ve been friends with Eric for over 30 years. Saw him first in the early 80s as Eric Johnson and The Avenue (Billy Maddox - drums (RIP) and Kyle Brock - bass). My older brothers band opened for him on his Ah via Musicom tour in 91. Can’t wait to see Tommy and Kyle again as it’s been 13 or so years since they’ve toured with Eric. Yes, indeed. Arielle is great. Met her last year on Eric’s last tour. 

R😎🎸👍

On 2/20/2018 at 2:59 PM, badgeholder said:

I was there as well! Wasn't that cool when they went into Goodbye Yellow Brick Road? Royal Blood were awesome too

Absolutely! Not many vocalists can do justice to Elton John songs...Josh nailed it. Jon Theodore was a beast on drums as usual. It was a good show but I thought their Halloween concert at the Forum in 2016 was better. The two highlights for me were "You Can't Quit Me" (that guitar solo was insane) and "Songs for the Dead"!

On an economic note...$14 for a Stella! 😮 Four beers plus tips equalled $68. Ridiculous. If you are going to the Forum, get your drunk on beforehand.

1 hour ago, Strider said:

Absolutely! Not many vocalists can do justice to Elton John songs...Josh nailed it. Jon Theodore was a beast on drums as usual. It was a good show but I thought their Halloween concert at the Forum in 2016 was better. The two highlights for me were "You Can't Quit Me" (that guitar solo was insane) and "Songs for the Dead"!

On an economic note...$14 for a Stella! 😮 Four beers plus tips equalled $68. Ridiculous. If you are going to the Forum, get your drunk on beforehand.

I was at that Halloween show too! Cracked me up when "Tina Belcher" won best costume. Remember the B/W video they were showing, was it the Germs? Yeah that was a great show

2 hours ago, Strider said:

That's insane for a Stella!  Glad I don't live in L.A.  Although, MSG and Yankee Stadium throw a good challenge with their concession prices as well.  I went to the Capitol Theater in Portchester NY a few months ago and beer were all in the $7-$8 range with Stella's being $8 and not too bad.

• 2 weeks later...

Last night I went to a local BBQ and saw Cold Blood with Lydia Pense!  They have been part of the East (San Francisco) Bay funk music since the late '60s/early 70's.  They, along with bands like the Doobie Brothers and Tower of Power, played a style we called "East Bay Grease".  We even referred to ourselves as East Bay Grease, because the East Bay is/was the working class part of the Bay Area, not rich and trendy like SF or Silicon Valley (South Bay) or Marin (North Bay).  

They still got it, especially Lydia!  How does such a big voice fit inside that little gal?

Edited by chef free

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Mavis Staples!  With Alison Krauss, Bruce Hornsby and Neko Case on Sunday at the Kennedy Center.

Then Willie Nelson and Sturgill Simpson on the 27th at a relatively new venue downtown - The Anthem.  Should be fun.

On 5/3/2018 at 9:45 PM, ebk said:

Mavis Staples!  With Alison Krauss, Bruce Hornsby and Neko Case on Sunday at the Kennedy Center.

Then Willie Nelson and Sturgill Simpson on the 27th at a relatively new venue downtown - The Anthem.  Should be fun.

Sounds like a great show.

I saw Mavis Staples back in November at Tower Theatre in Philly as she opened for Robert Zimmerman as I'm sure you know him.  I also saw her back in 2011 at ACL too.  What a voice and performer she is.  Not to be missed!  Also saw Alison Krauss at ACL and she was amazing as well. RP was there for her show above the stage in the VIP area.  Such a voice and fiddle player.  So good with Robert as well.  Don't know Neko Case.  Seen Bruce Hornsby when he was the keyboardist for the Grateful Dead in the early 90's as well as Vince Welnick from The Tubes.  Both added something to the GD's music live and especially Bruce.  Fit in much better than Vince.  Especially certain songs like "Foolish Heart" which was incredible with Bruce on keys!

Greta Van Fleet this Friday, May 11th at the Starland Ballroom in Sayreville, New Jersey.  Looking quite forward to my first show of theirs.  It won't be the last I see of GVF this year.  Great musicianship and songwriters.  They have a lot of potential for sure! 

Can't wait for their first full length album this summer as that's the plan for the boys!

Just got a couple row J tickets for Neil Young's just announced acoustic tour at The Detroit Fox Theatre on July 3rd.  He's only playing 6 shows in 4 cities....Detroit, Chicago, St. Louis and Boston.

3 hours ago, Bong-Man said:

Just got a couple row J tickets for Neil Young's just announced acoustic tour at The Detroit Fox Theatre on July 3rd.  He's only playing 6 shows in 4 cities....Detroit, Chicago, St. Louis and Boston.

Never seen Neil Young and hope to one day.  Too bad not closer to NYC.  Would love that he adds other dates!

On 5/8/2018 at 9:42 PM, SuperDave said:

Greta Van Fleet this Friday, May 11th at the Starland Ballroom in Sayreville, New Jersey.  Looking quite forward to my first show of theirs.  It won't be the last I see of GVF this year.  Great musicianship and songwriters.  They have a lot of potential for sure! 

Can't wait for their first full length album this summer as that's the plan for the boys!

I'm amused to this day that the town I used to live in has a concert venue that is desirable to go to! :lol:

It's extra amusing that it is in an area that used to be dominated by industrial parks - there are a few remnants there, but the glory days are long gone.

I saw Velvet Revolver there for a New Year's Eve show about 15 years ago. It's a great venue - have a good time!

JBLZE - at the end of this month. Was supposed to be Feb but was "delayed".

Can't freakin wait.

Then Killer Queen in August which we have already seen twice. John Blunt, for all intent and purposes - is Freddy Mercury.

17 hours ago, ForEvermore said:

I'm amused to this day that the town I used to live in has a concert venue that is desirable to go to! :lol:

It's extra amusing that it is in an area that used to be dominated by industrial parks - there are a few remnants there, but the glory days are long gone.

I saw Velvet Revolver there for a New Year's Eve show about 15 years ago. It's a great venue - have a good time!

Thanks for the info on Sayreville.  Looking forward to a great show.