Jump to content

What's the Next Concert You're Attending?


Jahfin
 Share

Recommended Posts

May 14: Itzhak Perlman @ Walt Disney Concert Hall.

May 24: Tom Jones @ The Greek Theatre.

May 27: Brian Jonestown Massacre @ Fonda Theatre

May 31: King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard Hollywood Palladium

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I got my Brain Jonestown Massacre ticket for free so I'm using that money towards Paul Simon tonight. Supposedly his farewell tour and tonight is the last of three nights at the Bowl.

May 28: Paul Simon @ Hollywood Bowl.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/23/2018 at 9:57 AM, mdwpsyd said:

iHeartRadio Music Festival - Daytime Stage - Las Vegas - 22 Sep 2018. Mainly to see Greta Van Fleet, but some of the other bands should be interesting. 

 

iHeartRadio_Daytime-Stage.jpg

You will love GVF as they put on a great show.  Saw them in NJ a few weeks ago.  I don't know how much longer they will be playing venues like Starland Ballroom?  It seats 2,500 and all GA.  I was told the show sold out in six minutes.  Pretty amazing for a band with only one EP to their name plus a few otther songs added to it.  We will see once they release their first full length album later in the summer.  Will also be seeing them at Panorama in NYC in late July.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm flying to Halifax, NS, Canada on June 16 to see The Glorious Sons. There is an event called Backlot Bash held by Garrison Brewing Co. With great live music, food trucks and awesome craft beers.... should be an excellent time. At $400 and a 2hr flight, it will be the closest I get to see one of my favourite bands.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
16 hours ago, Walter said:

How was it? Nice lineup!

Had a great time! Former forum member Texas Melanie surprised me with a ticket and flew in to accompany me over the weekend. I'll post more about it after I recuperate.

Next concert up...

Thursday June 28: Janelle Monáe @ Greek Theatre

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Roger Waters this coming Monday at the Liverpool Echo Arena. I don't think I have ever not been looking forward to a concert ever. I'm going on my own, Mrs JTM can't stand him, my usual concert going friends didn't want to go either. The set list isn't that great apart from Dogs and Pigs (three different ones). The current touring band aren't doing much for me from the shows I have downloaded. The good thing is though, I'm in the seventh row just left of centre so the sound should, WILL be fantastic, I'll also have an unobscured view. I've also decided that I'm leaving before the encore, I've heard enough Dave Kilminster  Comfy Numbs to last a life time, give me Gilmour CM anytime..

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/30/2018 at 12:41 PM, JTM said:

Roger Waters this coming Monday at the Liverpool Echo Arena. I don't think I have ever not been looking forward to a concert ever. I'm going on my own, Mrs JTM can't stand him, my usual concert going friends didn't want to go either. The set list isn't that great apart from Dogs and Pigs (three different ones). The current touring band aren't doing much for me from the shows I have downloaded. The good thing is though, I'm in the seventh row just left of centre so the sound should, WILL be fantastic, I'll also have an unobscured view. I've also decided that I'm leaving before the encore, I've heard enough Dave Kilminster  Comfy Numbs to last a life time, give me Gilmour CM anytime..

Enjoy. I picked up a bootleg of a show from Oz. Was looking forward to it big time but was left very underwhelmed. Only the Animals songs you stated were the highlight. Otherwise, snoozer...  Hope it’s a good show for you! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/30/2018 at 8:52 AM, ebk said:

Foo Fighters on Friday! 

Good for you!

On 6/30/2018 at 7:36 AM, zepscoda said:

- Kurt Vile and the Violators & Jessica Pratt,  December 7 at Canton Hall , Dallas TX

He came in my work recently...he's in town recording his new album. Really nice and down-to-earth...almost shy. I was playing a Zep bootleg (Ft. Worth 1975) and he and his buddies were digging it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Walter said:

Enjoy. I picked up a bootleg of a show from Oz. Was looking forward to it big time but was left very underwhelmed. Only the Animals songs you stated were the highlight. Otherwise, snoozer...  Hope it’s a good show for you! 

Thanks Walter. I'm sure I will enjoy the show, there's a big difference to listening to a few bootlegs than actually being there. Besides I've paid £200 for my ticket (the most I have ever paid for a single ticket) that's face value not some secondary tout/scalper price. So I'll get that negative vibe out of my head and  'Have Me a Real Good Time'. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, Strider said:

Good for you!

He came in my work recently...he's in town recording his new album. Really nice and down-to-earth...almost shy. I was playing a Zep bootleg (Ft. Worth 1975) and he and his buddies were digging it.

Very cool ! I don't know much about him, but The War on Drugs is such a great band, I figured it would be totally worth while checking him out live. 

Is it cool if I share that story on my Facebook music page? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, JTM said:

Thanks Walter. I'm sure I will enjoy the show, there's a big difference to listening to a few bootlegs than actually being there. Besides I've paid £200 for my ticket (the most I have ever paid for a single ticket) that's face value not some secondary tout/scalper price. So I'll get that negative vibe out of my head and  'Have Me a Real Good Time'. 

:lol: 

Its a dvd so the visual content was there too. Enjoy, my man!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...