Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Jahfin

What's the Next Concert You're Attending?

On 5/12/2019 at 12:51 PM, timothy5151 said:

I saw them on the their 25th Anniversary tour and they we awesome. It was just like listening to their Wrecking Your Neck and Wrecking Everything live albums. I find they are very under rated as a metal band. 

Killer show

Damn...this thread was buried four pages back. 

Tonight: Andrew Bird @ Wiltern Theatre...drink a shot every time he whistles.

Posted (edited)

UFO has announced their final U.S. tour and it begins October at the Grove in Anaheim...no dates in L.A. proper as of yet.

No Michael Schenker or Pete Way. Raymond just passed away in the middle of their European tour and they replaced him with...Vinnie Moore? 

But I haven't seen UFO since 1982 or 1984 and I love their songs and have been thinking about taking my nephew so he can hear them in concert at least once. But Vinnie Moore? Gawd, I hated his shitty music in the 1980s.

Has anyone seen UFO on this final tour? Is it worth ponying up the $50? How does Phil sound? Does Vinny fit in with the band or does he play his squiggly-wiggly bullshit?

Edited by Strider

Posted (edited)

I'm thinking of going to all of the Def Leppard tour of  Canada tour which would be 11 gigs. It was Aug 4th in 2003 that they last played a gig here. It was really really muggy that night and it was around 17 or 18 degrees. I remember Phil walked into the gig late and I shook his hand outside as he arrived.

Edited by Clinton P. Desveaux

Sam Roberts Band. I've seen them 10 times or more. Same for The Trews. Both bands always put on a great rock show.

901454346_SRB2019.thumb.jpg.bff53024bb4d4d8bba89978e2609696a.jpg

Tedeschi Trucks w/ Blackberry Smoke 

August 2/3 Fox Theatre Atlanta 

R😎

11 hours ago, reids said:

Tedeschi Trucks w/ Blackberry Smoke 

August 2/3 Fox Theatre Atlanta 

R😎

Excellent. You've seen them before, right? If not, prepare yourself for a treat. Derek Trucks is worth the price alone. The spirit of Duane flows through him. Yeah, I know he is the son of Butch Trucks not Duane Allman, but trust me...when Derek plays you can't help but feel Duane.

The Fox Atlanta is like their second home. I wouldn't be surprised if this show is professionally recorded for future release.

13 minutes ago, Strider said:

Excellent. You've seen them before, right? If not, prepare yourself for a treat. Derek Trucks is worth the price alone. The spirit of Duane flows through him. Yeah, I know he is the son of Butch Trucks not Duane Allman, but trust me...when Derek plays you can't help but feel Duane.

The Fox Atlanta is like their second home. I wouldn't be surprised if this show is professionally recorded for future release.

Thanks. I’ve only seen (and briefly met) Susan Tedeschi sing and play guitar w/ Eric Johnson at The Fox with Experience Hendrix Tour a few years ago. I look forward to this great double bill.

R😎🎸👍

Posted (edited)

Tonight August 5: Elvis Costello & the Imposters @ The Greek Theatre...with Blondie opening.

This will most likely be the last time I see both of these bands.

Edited by Strider

Jblze & Peter Frampton this Sunday Atlanta 

R😎🎸👍

Jblze w/ Peter Frampton last night Atlanta. 

R😎

6AAAFA30-DF1E-407B-BC44-C498FC61D578.jpeg

Posted (edited)

Tonight August 13: King Gizzard & the Lizard Wizard @ The Greek Theatre

I've been sober (no booze or drugs) the last few concerts I have attended but I feel like getting a good buzz on for tonight's show. :hippy:

Edited by Strider

4 hours ago, Strider said:

Tonight August 13: King Gizzard & the Lizard Wizard @ The Greek Theatre

I've been sober (no booze or drugs) the last few concerts I have attended but I feel like getting a good buzz on for tonight's show. :hippy:

Enjoy the show. They’re awesome 😎👍

R😎

17 minutes ago, reids said:

Enjoy the show. They’re awesome 😎👍

R😎

This will be King Gizzard show #4 for me. I have watched them grow from playing small clubs to 1,000-seaters to now headlining the 7,000-seat Greek.

19 hours ago, Strider said:

This will be King Gizzard show #4 for me. I have watched them grow from playing small clubs to 1,000-seaters to now headlining the 7,000-seat Greek.

Yeah! 😎🎸👍 I’ve seen them a few times (always a great show). Have fun 

R😎

Tonight: Herbie Hancock @ Hollywood Bowl...with Thundercat

August 27: MC5 @ Teragram Ballroom

August 28: Stray Cats @ The Greek Theatre...with Eagles of Death Metal

Attended a win to get in surprise concert this past weekend hosted by the Iceberg Ally Performance Tent as a thank to the fans. The band was not announced until they took the stage. It turned out to be Monster Truck..... and it was amazing. Can't for them on Sep 11, 2019 when they open the 11 day festival with The Glorious Sons.

The shows keep coming...

Tonight: Ringo Starr's All-Stars @ Greek Theatre. 30th anniversary tour. I haven't gone to one of Ringo's shindigs since the 1990s and he (and I) ain't getting any younger. Plus, who knows what special guests will pop up?

Sept. 3: Massive Attack w/Elizabeth Fraser @ Hollywood Palladium. Mezzanine 20th anniversary tour. Since the Cocteau Twins reunion seems destined never to happen, this is the next best way to hear the ethereal vocals of Liz Fraser.