What's the Next Concert You're Attending?

Jahfin

I'm thinking of going to all of the Def Leppard tour of  Canada tour which would be 11 gigs. It was Aug 4th in 2003 that they last played a gig here. It was really really muggy that night and it was around 17 or 18 degrees. I remember Phil walked into the gig late and I shook his hand outside as he arrived.

Edited by Clinton P. Desveaux

• 2 weeks later...
11 hours ago, reids said:

Tedeschi Trucks w/ Blackberry Smoke 

August 2/3 Fox Theatre Atlanta 

R😎

Excellent. You've seen them before, right? If not, prepare yourself for a treat. Derek Trucks is worth the price alone. The spirit of Duane flows through him. Yeah, I know he is the son of Butch Trucks not Duane Allman, but trust me...when Derek plays you can't help but feel Duane.

The Fox Atlanta is like their second home. I wouldn't be surprised if this show is professionally recorded for future release.

13 minutes ago, Strider said:

Excellent. You've seen them before, right? If not, prepare yourself for a treat. Derek Trucks is worth the price alone. The spirit of Duane flows through him. Yeah, I know he is the son of Butch Trucks not Duane Allman, but trust me...when Derek plays you can't help but feel Duane.

The Fox Atlanta is like their second home. I wouldn't be surprised if this show is professionally recorded for future release.

Thanks. I’ve only seen (and briefly met) Susan Tedeschi sing and play guitar w/ Eric Johnson at The Fox with Experience Hendrix Tour a few years ago. I look forward to this great double bill.

R😎🎸👍

• 3 weeks later...

Tonight August 13: King Gizzard & the Lizard Wizard @ The Greek Theatre

I've been sober (no booze or drugs) the last few concerts I have attended but I feel like getting a good buzz on for tonight's show. :hippy:

Edited by Strider

4 hours ago, Strider said:

Tonight August 13: King Gizzard & the Lizard Wizard @ The Greek Theatre

I've been sober (no booze or drugs) the last few concerts I have attended but I feel like getting a good buzz on for tonight's show. :hippy:

Enjoy the show. They’re awesome 😎👍

R😎

17 minutes ago, reids said:

Enjoy the show. They’re awesome 😎👍

R😎

This will be King Gizzard show #4 for me. I have watched them grow from playing small clubs to 1,000-seaters to now headlining the 7,000-seat Greek.

19 hours ago, Strider said:

This will be King Gizzard show #4 for me. I have watched them grow from playing small clubs to 1,000-seaters to now headlining the 7,000-seat Greek.

Yeah! 😎🎸👍 I’ve seen them a few times (always a great show). Have fun 

R😎

Attended a win to get in surprise concert this past weekend hosted by the Iceberg Ally Performance Tent as a thank to the fans. The band was not announced until they took the stage. It turned out to be Monster Truck..... and it was amazing. Can't for them on Sep 11, 2019 when they open the 11 day festival with The Glorious Sons.

The shows keep coming...

Tonight: Ringo Starr's All-Stars @ Greek Theatre. 30th anniversary tour. I haven't gone to one of Ringo's shindigs since the 1990s and he (and I) ain't getting any younger. Plus, who knows what special guests will pop up?

Sept. 3: Massive Attack w/Elizabeth Fraser @ Hollywood Palladium. Mezzanine 20th anniversary tour. Since the Cocteau Twins reunion seems destined never to happen, this is the next best way to hear the ethereal vocals of Liz Fraser.

23 hours ago, Strider said:

The shows keep coming...

Tonight: Ringo Starr's All-Stars @ Greek Theatre. 30th anniversary tour. I haven't gone to one of Ringo's shindigs since the 1990s and he (and I) ain't getting any younger. Plus, who knows what special guests will pop up?

Sept. 3: Massive Attack w/Elizabeth Fraser @ Hollywood Palladium. Mezzanine 20th anniversary tour. Since the Cocteau Twins reunion seems destined never to happen, this is the next best way to hear the ethereal vocals of Liz Fraser.

I love the Mezzanine album. Angel is such an outstanding song. Enjoy the show 😎

21 hours ago, LedZed66 said:

I love the Mezzanine album. Angel is such an outstanding song. Enjoy the show 😎

It is and I will! I made an error...it is actually the 21st anniversary of Mezzanine. April 1998 was the release date.

"Angel" underscores this brilliant tribute to film noir.

Edited by Strider

• 3 weeks later...