Jump to content
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Jahfin

What's the Next Concert You're Attending?

Recommended Posts

23 hours ago, Strider said:

The shows keep coming...

Tonight: Ringo Starr's All-Stars @ Greek Theatre. 30th anniversary tour. I haven't gone to one of Ringo's shindigs since the 1990s and he (and I) ain't getting any younger. Plus, who knows what special guests will pop up?

Sept. 3: Massive Attack w/Elizabeth Fraser @ Hollywood Palladium. Mezzanine 20th anniversary tour. Since the Cocteau Twins reunion seems destined never to happen, this is the next best way to hear the ethereal vocals of Liz Fraser.

I love the Mezzanine album. Angel is such an outstanding song. Enjoy the show 😎

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, LedZed66 said:

I love the Mezzanine album. Angel is such an outstanding song. Enjoy the show 😎

It is and I will! I made an error...it is actually the 21st anniversary of Mezzanine. April 1998 was the release date.

"Angel" underscores this brilliant tribute to film noir.

 

Edited by Strider

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

September 27: Ty Segall @ Teragram Ballroom. The last show of his two-month residency.

September 29: Gary Clark, Jr. @ Hollywood Bowl.

October 5: Stiff Little Fingers @ El Rey Theatre...with Avengers opening.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sunday, September 29: Deep Purple 

Thursday, October 10: Toto

Tuesday, October 15: Big Wreck

R😎🎸👍

E329AFDD-FB03-461E-A857-ECC9D34CF25B.jpeg

98B8C299-D71B-4115-9E33-C144D56625DA.jpeg

13C47A51-6FA2-43EB-9791-00F11039131B.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sort of a pickle for Thursday October 10. Waiting to hear from a friend. If she is free Thursday night then we're going to Lana Del Rey @ Hollywood Bowl.

If not, then I'll go to UFO 50th Anniversary @ The Grove Theatre in Anaheim.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just got confirmation from my friend...so it'll be Lana at the Bowl Thursday night.

EA6Ip0-UwAArcaN.thumb.jpeg.8e96577cec6760e83ba6edeadfb0420e.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

David Bromberg Big Band with Bettye LaVette tomorrow night.  The World Series better go 5 games. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/25/2019 at 5:20 PM, ebk said:

David Bromberg Big Band with Bettye LaVette tomorrow night.  The World Series better go 5 games. 

How was Bettye?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Strider said:

How was Bettye?

Bettye seemed a bit more frail than the last time we saw her a few years ago.  She's still feisty though, and she's in great voice!  She said she's got an album coming out in a couple of month. 

Brombeg was great.  A really enjoyable evening. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Happy Halloween! 🎃👻🎃👻

Tonight: Thee Oh Sees @ Teragram Ballroom

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If Derek Smalls doesn't bust out "Jazz Odyssey" tonight, I'm going to be very disappointed.

76652020_482601832605813_1274231979709038592_n-600x600.png.62634459544e8d0dc2365614f49b39fb.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Strider said:

If Derek Smalls doesn't bust out "Jazz Odyssey" tonight, I'm going to be very disappointed.

76652020_482601832605813_1274231979709038592_n-600x600.png.62634459544e8d0dc2365614f49b39fb.png

Hope you got there early so you can make it through their security.

R😎

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

TONIGHT:  Jack White and The Raconteurs - St Augustine Amphitheater  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

zepscoda, did you see King Diamond at the Bomb Factory in Dallas? Uncle Acid were opening...as they are on all of the King Diamond dates this tour. 

I'm trying to work out either seeing them in Seattle or L.A.

Edited by Strider

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/9/2019 at 4:53 PM, Walter said:

TONIGHT:  Jack White and The Raconteurs - St Augustine Amphitheater  

Dude what did you think? I caught the show here in Dallas at the South Side Ballroom.  So fucking awesome!! I love the no cell phone policy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/14/2019 at 3:41 PM, Strider said:

zepscoda, did you see King Diamond at the Bomb Factory in Dallas? Uncle Acid were opening...as they are on all of the King Diamond dates this tour. 

I'm trying to work out either seeing them in Seattle or L.A.

No 😡....I blew my November concert budget , that week I caught Tool up at Tulsa that was a hit to the wallet ...than last week I hit the Black Keys show. Between the 2 shows I couldn't spend more money a 3rd or the wife would be on my ass.

I will see  Uncle Acid next time there're in town no doubt....lol...🤔, think I've said that before

However I am catching Graveyard and Oteph in February.   🤘

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, zepscoda said:

Dude what did you think? I caught the show here in Dallas at the South Side Ballroom.  So fucking awesome!! I love the no cell phone policy

Me too. They blew us away. It’s the band of Jack’s I have paid the least attention to. I just love how where he’s at as a musician comes out with each individual group he’s working with at the time. They rocked the place. Plus it was outdoors and beautiful weather. I’ll definitely see them again anytime, anywhere. No phones is where it’s at, IMO.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

.

2 hours ago, Walter said:

Me too. They blew us away. It’s the band of Jack’s I have paid the least attention to. I just love how where he’s at as a musician comes out with each individual group he’s working with at the time. They rocked the place. Plus it was outdoors and beautiful weather. I’ll definitely see them again anytime, anywhere. No phones is where it’s at, IMO.

Tool does the no phone policy also, they dont go as far as the locked bags like Jack White does. They have enough staff to kick people out for filming. Maynard does allow the crowd to use their phones for the very last tune , Stinkfist. 

In general,  it's so liberating to be doing something,  anything, without that damn phone. ...and the crowd really gets into the show without the distractions of social media.

Better to get your dopamine fix from the music not that the phone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, zepscoda said:

.

Tool does the no phone policy also, they dont go as far as the locked bags like Jack White does. They have enough staff to kick people out for filming. Maynard does allow the crowd to use their phones for the very last tune , Stinkfist. 

In general,  it's so liberating to be doing something,  anything, without that damn phone. ...and the crowd really gets into the show without the distractions of social media.

Better to get your dopamine fix from the music not that the phone.

Absolutely.  The pit is so much darker without the lit up screens.  We weren't sure how quick it would be to get the phones unlocked and exit out of the amphitheater after - the parking lot is a nightmare to get in and out of - so we walked out during the encore.  We were only parked about 4 rows away, smoked a nice blunt while listening to the last three songs - which sounded perfect from that short distance away, outdoors.  Win/win.  Jack is like a mad scientist running around the stage playing different instruments.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Last time I went to Dave Chapelle you had to surrender your phone to a ziplock bag and I was happy to do so.

I don't ever take video with my phone and seldom take photos. Only if I am close to the stage and can get a few decent shots. But I am there to enjoy the concert and it is refreshing when you don't have to look through a sea of glowing iPads and iPhones.

I hear Madonna is also having a no-phone policy on her tour. Good for her. Still undecided about whether I am going...she is in the midst of a 10-show run at the Wiltern Theatre.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...