What's the Next Concert You're Attending?

Jahfin

3 hours ago, Strider said:

Plus a $91 service charge per ticket. No thanks, Sir Macca.

It was actually $91 for 2 tickets.  I figured out they're charging a percentage of the total ticket price instead of the (also ridiculous) flat fee of somewhere between $10 an $20 per ticket like they used to. So the better (more expensive) seats have even more ridiculous fees.   I'm still pissed off about it. 

10 hours ago, ebk said:

It was actually $91 for 2 tickets.  I figured out they're charging a percentage of the total ticket price instead of the (also ridiculous) flat fee of somewhere between $10 an $20 per ticket like they used to. So the better (more expensive) seats have even more ridiculous fees.   I'm still pissed off about it. 

Yup! He's playing down here and the tix are outta control!! No thank you. There are so many on tour - the concert budget is getting tight! 

Seeing Mammoth WVH and Dirty Honey in April. Tim McGraw in May. Maybe Roger Waters in August - it's been rescheduled twice already. 

• 4 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Walter said:

Thanks for posting the videos in the RHCP thread! How was it? Great to have John back in the fold!

It was okay. Definitely better with John playing. The new album isn't really knocking me out, though. I still prefer the early stuff on up to "Mother's Milk" and "Blood Sugar Sex Magic" and some stuff from "Californication" and "By the Way". But they played nothing earlier than "Blood Sugar Sex Magic" and it was the songs I am tired of like "Give It Away" and "Suck My Kiss". I would rather hear "Breaking the Girl". No "Parallel Universe", or anything from "Californication", either.  And forget about stuff like "Me and My Friends", "Out in L.A.", and "Yertl the Turtle".

And I am one of those who liked "One Hot Minute" with Dave Navarro and they never play anything from that anymore. So, I am glad John is back but until the setlists get better I think that was my last RHCP show.

It was okay. Definitely better with John playing. The new album isn't really knocking me out, though. I still prefer the early stuff on up to "Mother's Milk" and "Blood Sugar Sex Magic" and some stuff from "Californication" and "By the Way". But they played nothing earlier than "Blood Sugar Sex Magic" and it was the songs I am tired of like "Give It Away" and "Suck My Kiss". I would rather hear "Breaking the Girl". No "Parallel Universe", or anything from "Californication", either.  And forget about stuff like "Me and My Friends", "Out in L.A.", and "Yertl the Turtle".

And I am one of those who liked "One Hot Minute" with Dave Navarro and they never play anything from that anymore. So, I am glad John is back but until the setlists get better I think that was my last RHCP show.

Nothing from Californication? That’s ridiculous. One Hot Minute had some good tracks on it, but yeah they left that one in the dust awhile back. I like the first 5 tracks from the new disc, but then it just meanders. A bit too long at 17 songs and 73 min. Thanks for the review. 
My next show is this Sunday. Rescheduled from a Friday, February 11th COVID postponed date…2nd time seeing MammothWVH and 1st time seeing Dirty Honey. 

EBD52D78-DBEF-4188-B917-3F7250CA291E.jpeg

Edited by Walter

18 hours ago, Walter said:

Nothing from Californication? That’s ridiculous. One Hot Minute had some good tracks on it, but yeah they left that one in the dust awhile back. I like the first 5 tracks from the new disc, but then it just meanders. A bit too long at 17 songs and 73 min. Thanks for the review. 
My next show is this Sunday. Rescheduled from a Friday, February 11th COVID postponed date…2nd time seeing MammothWVH and 1st time seeing Dirty Honey. 

EBD52D78-DBEF-4188-B917-3F7250CA291E.jpeg

Well this SUCKS! 

20E4CED0-A330-4FF0-B11E-84F4409BB75C.jpeg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Just saw the Doobie Brothers w/ Michael McDonald this past week in Atlanta as well as Howard Jones with Midge Ure (Ultravox) opening.

Both were great shows 

R😎🎶

72EB10BB-623B-44E1-A532-71D7B42D73E7.jpeg

9FFA44D5-6C6A-4EF9-B978-29F07712E191.jpeg

8F722DD0-CAE2-484A-9163-BD4332D647F5.jpeg

Edited by reids

• 2 weeks later...

This summer, I’ve seen:

Tears For Fears w/ Garbage 6/12

Robert Plant w/ Alison Krauss 6/16 *(ppd rain after 4 songs- rescheduled 9/6)

Doobie Bros w/ Michael McDonald 7/17

Howard Jones w/ Midge Ure 7/22

*** I’m Looking forward to seeing: ***

Roger Waters 8/20

Rod Stewart / Cheap Trick 8/31

Robert Plant w/ Alison Krauss 9/6*

Ringo Starr 9/19

Doobie Bros w/ Michael McDonald 10/7

Smashing Pumpkins / Janes Addiction 10/11

AtlLive: w/ Billy Joel, Lionel Richie & Sheryl Crow 11/11 

JBLZE - Jason Bonham’s Led Zeppelin Evening 12/7

R😎

The Superchunk show that was postponed from April is tonight, as my friend just reminded me. Completely forgot.

August 11: Superchunk @ Teragram Ballroom

August 13: Tchaikovsky Spectacular @ Hollywood Bowl

August 18: Robert Plant & Alison Krauss @ The Greek Theatre

The Superchunk show that was postponed from April is tonight, as my friend just reminded me. Completely forgot.

August 11: Superchunk @ Teragram Ballroom

August 13: Tchaikovsky Spectacular @ Hollywood Bowl

August 18: Robert Plant & Alison Krauss @ The Greek Theatre

Hey Strider - hoping the black angels will make it over to Australia at some point. I’ve got into them big time after your tip. Great band