• Presence
    • Physical Graffiti
    • In Through the Out Door
    • Song Remains The Same
    • Houses Of the Holy
    • How The West Was Won
    • Coda
    • Mothership

My favourite Led Zeppelin album must be Led Zeppelin II, and Led Zeppelin I on a close second.

I think Led Zeppelin II and I are my favourite's because of the more blues influenced sound.

THIS IS LIKE CHOOSING BETWEEN A FAVORITE CHILD ...

But in the end I went with the fourth album, ya got yer Rock and Roll, yer Battle of Evermore, yer Levee Breaking, yer Sticks (four of 'em), even yer gosh-darned Stairway. Lots o talent in them grooves.

although Physical Graffiti was a THISCLOSE second choice (but that's cheating, as it includes outtakes from other albums--albeit near masterpieces), then Presence, the Houses, then III, yada yada yada...

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

led zeppelin I is great cause Good times bad times is just the story of my life plus i like jimmy's whirling solo, Babe i'm gonna leave you beautiful break up song, You Shook me one of the greatest blues covers ever, dazed and confused need i say more, Your Time Is Gonna come the gospel rock explosion, Black Mountain Side it's Jimmy!, I Can't Quit You Babe Plant at his best, How many More times It's a journey through a little thing called the blues. Mos Def Led Zeppelin I

• 2 weeks later...

Mothership contains the best out of all their studio albums

So its only natural that Mothership will also contain the best songs

It really shows Zeppelin's wide variety of music, throughout their 12 years of playing

Mothership contains the best out of all their studio albums

So its only natural that Mothership will also contain the best songs

It really shows Zeppelin's wide variety of music, throughout their 12 years of playing

Some great songs not on Mothership:

Good Times, Bad Times, How Many More Times,

What Is and What Should Never Be, Bring It on Home

Tangerine, That's the Way,

Going to California, Misty Mountain Hop

The Rain Song, The Ocean

The Rover, In My Time of Dying, In The Light, Ten Years Gone

For Your Life, Tea For One

Fool in the Rain, I'm Gonna Crawl

Although a compilation album is good for introducing someone to a new type of music, it doesn't contain the original artistic expression that the original studio albums exhibit. Many people would not consider some of the aforementioned songs to be Zeppelin's absolute "best" by themselves. Nevertheless, it is songs like these that provide a context for the masterpieces that found their way onto Mothership, and it is the reason why I consider all of the studio albums to be better than Mothership.

Some great songs not on Mothership:

Good Times, Bad Times, How Many More Times,

What Is and What Should Never Be, Bring It on Home

Tangerine, That's the Way,

Going to California, Misty Mountain Hop

The Rain Song, The Ocean

The Rover, In My Time of Dying, In The Light, Ten Years Gone

For Your Life, Tea For One

Fool in the Rain, I'm Gonna Crawl

Although a compilation album is good for introducing someone to a new type of music, it doesn't contain the original artistic expression that the original studio albums exhibit. Many people would not consider some of the aforementioned songs to be Zeppelin's absolute "best" by themselves. Nevertheless, it is songs like these that provide a context for the masterpieces that found their way onto Mothership, and it is the reason why I consider all of the studio albums to be better than Mothership.

Haven't checked all the others, but IMTOD is definitely on Mothership.

IMTOD is not on the 2 CDs, but Good Times Bad Times is there.

My bad, but that is still beside the point. What makes an album great is its ability to capture the essence of the band at a specified point in time. From all of Led Zeppelin's studio albums, I think that Physical Graffiti has the best songs, but I still consider Presence to be their best album because it establishes an intimate connection between the listeners and the musicians.

My bad, but that is still beside the point. What makes an album great is its ability to capture the essence of the band at a specified point in time. From all of Led Zeppelin's studio albums, I think that Physical Graffiti has the best songs, but I still consider Presence to be their best album because it establishes an intimate connection between the listeners and the musicians.

I agree with you that Mothership is not the perfect package. I was a bit let down myself when I had it in my hand. And a bit surprised there is not even one acoustic song there.

IMTOD is not on the 2 CDs, but Good Times Bad Times is there.

You're right! :o

I would have bet enormous sums of money that IMTOD was on there--good thing I didn't! In fact, I've just looked at the CDs, seen it's not on the track list, and I STILL think it's on there, if you see what I mean! :slapface:

My apologies, illestkeith.

You're right! :o

I would have bet enormous sums of money that IMTOD was on there--good thing I didn't! In fact, I've just looked at the CDs, seen it's not on the track list, and I STILL think it's on there, if you see what I mean! :slapface:

My apologies, illestkeith.

I know what you mean, it's kind of hard to believe it's not on there, along with The Rain Song.

I like them all, but lately I've been on a HTWWW kick. I love listening to the live stuff. If I'm sitting in traffic (which usually pisses me off), I'll go to Disc 1, Tracks 8, 9, 10 (their acoustic set) and all is right with the world.

I've also been listening to Page/Plant's "No Quarter" a lot lately. I know that's not Led Zeppelin, but it's a fabulous CD!

• 2 years later...

:hysterical: it was ole' slayer of the trolls.

Presence. It'll probably change by next week though.....

Whoever chose Mothership, you greedy, greedy bastards.

:hysterical: good one Stairway, but your mistaken, as I don't have a fav, and didn't vote the poll...(for the same reason you mentioned) -my mood changes with every album. But, it wouldn't be hard to predict your least fav. or Major's-even before the thread was revealed.

:hysterical: good one Stairway, but your mistaken, as I don't have a fav, and didn't vote the poll...(for the same reason you mentioned) -my mood changes with every album. But, it wouldn't be hard to predict your least fav. or Major's-even before the thread was revealed.

My least fav is now LZ III....

Archived