Who is the hottest member of Led Zep?

lenono12

273 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the hottest member of Led Zep?

• Jimmy Page
    • Robert Plant
    • John Paul Jones
    • John Bonham

<<<---Well, if you haven't noticed, it would be Jimmy. I think he looked best in 1970 Royal Albert Hall phase. That hair! & wow does he have a lot of it! My second would have to be John Paul Jones. Quiet, shy, sort of like me, well what I used to be. I always like Jimmy fro the git go. Not only does he look good, his guitar playing is another romance & I am most definitey in love..

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Robert Plant just oozes pure sex to me and always has. Watching him in concert makes me sweat! I have to admit though: JPJ has a certain charm about him, even though he is often overlooked. Seems like he would be a very sweet guy.

• 2 months later...

That would have to be the un-official member of the band, the fifth Zeppelin: Peter Grant, Big Poppa himself. Just imagine just for a moment ladies that big old hunk of beefcake sweating and slathering over you during coitus. I guarantee you would not forget that, and temperature wise he probably was the hottest!

IMO, one of the most undiscussed things about LZ has been their sex appeal. I mean, has there been a better looking rock band since the beginning of the world?

RP is more of a conventionally / classically handsome / beautiful guy with a perfect body from head to toe, but you can't deny that JP has this charisma

with which he can get away with (or just get) anything.

And JPJ is so sweet that I love him to bits, he still looks wonderful in his 60s.

Christ, JB was so cute, had a wonderful smile, and such kind eyes.

So I'll just give up on this poll and spend my many many coming days arguing with myself.

IMO, one of the most undiscussed things about LZ has been their sex appeal. I mean, has there been a better looking rock band since the beginning of the world?

Indeed. To not even acknowledge the sexual power of the band (as some blokes seem to do on this thread) seems to be missing one of the main elements of Zeppelin. Although, I have to admit it wasn't something I noticed until an ex-girlfriend really pointed out the obvious to me in regard to how sexual the songs are (and how sexual Jimmy and Robert were on stage)

• 11 months later...

Indeed. To not even acknowledge the sexual power of the band (as some blokes seem to do on this thread) seems to be missing one of the main elements of Zeppelin. Although, I have to admit it wasn't something I noticed until an ex-girlfriend really pointed out the obvious to me in regard to how sexual the songs are (and how sexual Jimmy and Robert were on stage)

Totally. I always feel slightly sorry for (straight) male Zep fans; they just can't ever fully appreciate ALL the things that are fabulous about the band.

Apparently Jimmy's first question on being told about Robert was "what does he look like?". He understood the importance of it all right.

Robert's was beautiful too, and JPJ was really cute (in most other bands, he'd have been the heart-throb), but it's the young Jimmy who's always twisted my guts. He lost the best of his looks pretty quickly and dramatically in the space of about a year (1976-77), but in the ten years or so preceding that, I really think he was the most beautiful man of his generation. I was surprised to see him topping the poll, though - I thought Robert would edge it, just because I thought more women were into that sort of look (more built-up body, big hairy chest, big obvious bulge in very tight trousers, etc.) and I was in the minority liking the pale-and-skinny, delicate-and-slightly-feminine thing. Just goes to show, chaps - what women love ain't necessarily what you think. All the men who fret about being a bit scrawny or whatever are worrying about nothing.

1970j_zps3f37f0de.png

Totally. I always feel slightly sorry for (straight) male Zep fans; they just can't ever fully appreciate ALL the things that are fabulous about the band.

Apparently Jimmy's first question on being told about Robert was "what does he look like?". He understood the importance of it all right.

Robert's was beautiful too, and JPJ was really cute (in most other bands, he'd have been the heart-throb), but it's the young Jimmy who's always twisted my guts. He lost the best of his looks pretty quickly and dramatically in the space of about a year (1976-77), but in the ten years or so preceding that, I really think he was the most beautiful man of his generation. I was surprised to see him topping the poll, though - I thought Robert would edge it, just because I thought more women were into that sort of look (more built-up body, big hairy chest, big obvious bulge in very tight trousers, etc.) and I was in the minority liking the pale-and-skinny, delicate-and-slightly-feminine thing. Just goes to show, chaps - what women love ain't necessarily what you think. All the men who fret about being a bit scrawny or whatever are worrying about nothing.

1970j_zps3f37f0de.png

Great post. It's true that JPJ probably would have been the heartthrob in most bands. It's amazing how the members of Zep somehow managed to simultaneously seem charismatic and "cool" to the straight men (like me) and sexy and "hot" to the women without alienating either group. It's one of the many fascinating mysteries and dichotomies of Led Zeppelin.

Archived