Boston Celtics Thread

Dzldoc

2cd27b79.jpg

Well my Hornets didn't make it so my back up team has.

Should make for a good series.

Don't know that it can match the Byrd/Magic era but nice to see a new round who knows? :cheer:

Hi all,

2cd27b79.jpg

Don't know that it can match the Byrd/Magic era but nice to see a new round who knows? :cheer:

Hey Dzldoc!

Well let's hope for a good series,I think the Lakers are a better team but GO CELTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :banana:

KB

The Celtics suck!

Hope the Lakers kick their asses!!

:angry:

One mad Pistons fan.

Hey com'on man, I was man enough to congratulate the Spurs fans when they beat the Hornets even after talking a little smack :rolleyes:

Hi all,

Hi danelectro59.

Why you being like that :unsure:

KB (Basketball Diaries)

Because i'm not the only one who thinks that this was the matchup (Boston/LA) that everyone wanted, if you catch my drift. And besides, Doc Rivers is a crybaby and deserves a few technical fouls for it. Like I said, I hope the Lakers sweep, even though i'm no Kobe fan. Ain't nothing gonna bring back Magic and Bird.

My Mavericks didn't make it either.....

And my Backup team will also be .... The Boston Celtics.

I have a soft spot for Celtics Basketball.

There's no love lost for the Lakers, the Pistons, or the Spurs.... :D

The Celtics suck!

Hope the Lakers kick their asses!!

:angry:

One mad Pistons fan.

Well certainly the Lakers beat the better teams to get here. Boston had trouble with Cleveland. The only reason this might be a series is that Boston has home court advantage. I still think the Lakers will beat them in the end.

There's SAntonio and Boston threads, but no Lakers.

Damn, Laker fans are so supremely confident they don't need any external reassurance. :thumbsup:

...or too damn lazy to start a thread :whistling:

I will be actively rooting against the Celtics this year, due to the fact they sucked last year (earn your keep) and since they claim that they were going to win 70 games this year. Granted, i don't feel like hearing that Kobe is a better player than Jordan for the next few years. but the celtics should not be the champions when you have to play a game 7 against ATL, the 8th seed.

Hi all,

quote name='Pb Derigable' date='Jun 3 2008, 09:49 PM' post='193979']

I will be actively rooting against the Celtics this year, due to the fact they sucked last year (earn your keep) and since they claim that they were going to win 70 games this year. Granted, i don't feel like hearing that Kobe is a better player than Jordan for the next few years. but the celtics should not be the champions when you have to play a game 7 against ATL, the 8th seed.

One of the most traumatic moments of my adolescence occurred in June 1987, my Pistons just could not seem to get over the hump and beat the Celtics, and this was particularly devastating...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=43DrapEn5QA

Yeah I remember that game. Back in the 80s I was a diehard Lakers fan but really appreciated teams like the Celtics, Pistons, Rockets, etc, any that could give them a good run for their money. Your "bad boys" were especially fun to watch......speaking of crybabies above (Doc Rivers), what was that guy's name, Bill Lambeer?? He's the King of crybabies :D Nowadays I'd rather watch my daughter's basketball team.

Hi all,

quote name='Pb Derigable' date='Jun 3 2008, 09:49 PM' post='193979']

They s***ed for alot of years,....

Then -*if*- we take the LA in 7,would that be a problem? :D

KB

No, i always root for a good game or series over a favorite. I didn't like how Boston got KG. somthing smelled fishy when 5 teams had a better trade offer on the table and an ex celtic pulled the deal from the tiberwolves side. It would be like if Derek Jeter became the GM for the red sox and traded dice-k, beckett, and papalbon for a bag of chips and Jason giambi.

Hi all,

No, i always root for a good game or series over a favorite. I didn't like how Boston got KG. somthing smelled fishy when 5 teams had a better trade offer on the table and an ex celtic pulled the deal from the tiberwolves side. It would be like if Derek Jeter became the GM for the red sox and traded dice-k, beckett, and papalbon for a bag of chips and Jason giambi.

Danny Anige.So why did the Tmiberwolves,allow the trade to happen?Since KG,pulled that team along for 9+ years?Blame the NBA(or insert MLB,NHL,NFL,etc,here)for letting it happen, a league allow this stuff to happen.Rules and by-laws and such,...)

MLB:Jeter will remain a Yankee for the rest of his career,good guy,great ball player,class act.

Go ask the owner of the Timberwolves,why he pulled the trigger,.... :unsure:

KB,...

Yeah I remember that game. Back in the 80s I was a diehard Lakers fan but really appreciated teams like the Celtics, Pistons, Rockets, etc, any that could give them a good run for their money. Your "bad boys" were especially fun to watch......speaking of crybabies above (Doc Rivers), what was that guy's name, Bill Lambeer?? He's the King of crybabies :D Nowadays I'd rather watch my daughter's basketball team.

Oh man, and that 1988 NBA Finals with the Pistons & Lakers was a classic. Another one that was hard to get over. Most people were calling for the Lakers to sweep, and the Pistons went to LA and took game 1. And in game 6 they were up 3 with a minute to go, I could just taste the championship. And the Lakers came back and won that game, and then took game 7. Another devastating experience. It was a multi-year stairstep...being devastated by the Celtics in '87, the Lakers in '88, then finally winning the title in '89. But at that age, being in my early teens, it just seemed to take FOREVER to get there and over that hump.

Hey, you know all those people that were dying for this rematch ? We'll be watching this about as close as fans in LA & Boston would watch a Spurs - Pistons Final, and that's not even taking in consideration West Coast start times. SNOOOOOZE !

Oh man, and that 1988 NBA Finals with the Pistons & Lakers was a classic. Another one that was hard to get over. Most people were calling for the Lakers to sweep, and the Pistons went to LA and took game 1. And in game 6 they were up 3 with a minute to go, I could just taste the championship. And the Lakers came back and won that game, and then took game 7. Another devastating experience. It was a multi-year stairstep...being devastated by the Celtics in '87, the Lakers in '88, then finally winning the title in '89. But at that age, being in my early teens, it just seemed to take FOREVER to get there and over that hump.

Agreed.

I see the Pistons got rid of Flip Saunders.

I don't think that's the last of it.

Archived