should zep of reformed

sensei

.....btw, it's also 'would have' not 'would of'........

got your site cant get music will reserve that one. by the way get your haircut you look like a damn hippy :D

i seem to be berated for making a legitimate statement "should zep of reformed" they will make more from this highly publicized charity gig (look at live aid and how much the bands made from fallout) why tour when your royalties just went through the roof. dont get me wrong led zeppelin where a major factor in my formative years and are still. but there is no led zeppelin now , remember if you are old enougth and if your not stick on cd and enjoy!

It's not a legitimate statement. It's an opinion. And you've moved from "cash grab" to "charity gig". How about them honoring Ahmet Ertegun whom they respected so deeply? Your cynicism is as ill as your grammar.

Oh, and I'm old enough. So you saw them at Ulster. Good for you. I'm seeing Robert and Alison next week. Good for me.

Have a nice day. :beer:

My take is that any musician should do whatever they are amused to do.

I think sometimes that noone will ever be as good as Zeppelin was in the early seventies-not even themselves; this doesn't mean that everyone should give up playing music (including themselves of course)....

Heck Robert could not hit the same notes with his voice by the late 70's.....it doesn't mean he should have quit, it just illustrates what an amazing ability he had earlier that he lost but noone ever had previous to him. Jimmy is playing better now than he did with Zeppelin since the '75 tour (in my opinion) so let him rip I'd say.

Why would a musician not want to or be allowed to play their own compositions????

We enjoyed the hell out of 02 and would enjoy further shows. I am repulsed by the idea that rock is only for kids to play. I don't have much interest in hearing what an 18 year old has to say about the world with his limited experience anyway....if they make great music then fine I will enjoy it but I have no problem watching aging musicians play their music with the added benefit of having some real wisdom to add to the mix.

I think sometimes that noone will ever be as good as Zeppelin was in the early seventies-not even themselves; this doesn't mean that everyone should give up playing music (including themselves of course)....

Heck Robert could not hit the same notes with his voice by the late 70's.....it doesn't mean he should have quit, it just illustrates what an amazing ability he had earlier that he lost but noone ever had previous to him. Jimmy is playing better now than he did with Zeppelin since the '75 tour (in my opinion) so let him rip I'd say.

Why would a musician not want to or be allowed to play their own compositions????

We enjoyed the hell out of 02 and would enjoy further shows. I am repulsed by the idea that rock is only for kids to play. I don't have much interest in hearing what an 18 year old has to say about the world with his limited experience anyway....if they make great music then fine I will enjoy it but I have no problem watching aging musicians play their music with the added benefit of having some real wisdom to add to the mix.

Hell yeah! Follow your muse wherever it takes you, and never let anyone dictate otherwise! But I do disagree on one thing you said. Well differ. I think way too much emphasis is put on those high notes. I see it so much (and not by you in particular POP), that it seems like Led Zeppelin would be crippled without it. Know what I mean? I mean, I'm not taking out a musical slide rule here, but Robert still has an amazing range. He might not hit those wailing notes from You Shook Me, but should we really care? His voice has matured beautifully, as I'm sure you'd agree. It's just all these people saying "He can't get it up. Blah blah blah". Gets tiresome. He can, but chooses a different road. What's with all this "Ain't Zeppelin without a shrieking 20 year-old!" shit? As if THAT was what made the all-important difference. It's beyond me how some people think.

Well said!!

LZ nor any of it's affiliates need the money. This is totally out of love, for Ahmet, and for the fans that have supported this group all these years, through thick and thin.

Some people just know how to talk out their asses better than others :P

Well said!!

LZ nor any of it's affiliates need the money. This is totally out of love, for Ahmet, and for the fans that have supported this group all these years, through thick and thin.

Some people just know how to talk out their asses better than others :P

"this is totally out of blah blah" you know this how? fly on wall? sold your soul? the only way you can talk out of your arse is when your head isnt stuck up it. :blink:

It's not a legitimate statement. It's an opinion. And you've moved from "cash grab" to "charity gig". How about them honoring Ahmet Ertegun whom they respected so deeply? Your cynicism is as ill as your grammar.

Oh, and I'm old enough. So you saw them at Ulster. Good for you. I'm seeing Robert and Alison next week. Good for me.

Have a nice day. :beer:

i never said "cash grab" better being a cynic than a blind idiot

i never said "cash grab" better being a cynic than a blind idiot

Semantics. :rolleyes:

You said "cash is there master made me loose a lot of respect. "

Even with the lack of punctuation and two mispelled words, it equates to the same thing. ;)

Semantics. :rolleyes:

You said "cash is there master made me loose a lot of respect. "

Even with the lack of punctuation and two mispelled words, it equates to the same thing. ;)

thats rock and roll kid knowing when not to punctuate :)

"this is totally out of blah blah" you know this how? fly on wall? sold your soul? the only way you can talk out of your arse is when your head isnt stuck up it. :blink:

Robert and Jimmy were on the list of the richest men in Britian, and I think JPJ may have been on it too. It isn't like they need the money.

He probably did sell his soul, right when the four members did too. Satan told him that he'd be the first to know about reunion concerts too.

thats rock and roll kid knowing when not to punctuate :)

1. I'm hardly a kid.

2. The largest audience I've played rock and roll for is 20,000 people in Orlando Florida.

3. I've played rock and roll on tour, and regionally since 1992.

Please, tell me more about rock and roll..... :coffee:

1. I'm hardly a kid.

2. The largest audience I've played rock and roll for is 20,000 people in Orlando Florida.

3. I've played rock and roll on tour, and regionally since 1992.

Please, tell me more about rock and roll..... :coffee:

And then you can tell him about punctuation. B)

zeppelin should never of reformed with johns son makes them no better than backstreet boys or take that . cash is there master made me loose a lot of respect.

its really not that hard to have an opinion zeppelin should never of reformed as it discredits everything they ever did . i would rather watch a tribute band with passion than watch someone trying to pay there tax bill.

i seem to be berated for making a legitimate statement "should zep of reformed" they will make more from this highly publicized charity gig (look at live aid and how much the bands made from fallout) why tour when your royalties just went through the roof. dont get me wrong led zeppelin where a major factor in my formative years and are still. but there is no led zeppelin now , remember if you are old enougth and if your not stick on cd and enjoy!

i seem to wonder, are our american friends on the a same planet or do they know everything or nothing because they can or have the haha engines to source it on the net.

No, you are not berated for making a legitimate statement. You are "berated" for an opinion expressed in an almost iincomprehensible manner. You should be commended for your consistent incoherence... not everyone can do it that well that fast.

Now, if y'all will excuse me for a moment, I need to go check my haha engines.

No, you are not berated for making a legitimate statement. You are "berated" for an opinion expressed in an almost iincomprehensible manner. You should be commended for your consistent incoherence... not everyone can do it that well that fast.

Now, if y'all will excuse me for a moment, I need to go check my haha engines.

is this real is this the stepford wives , sort it out learn to free think B)

Archived