Led Zeppelin III - Thor Connection

Reggie29

• 3 weeks later...
Whilst writing the miniseries, Fraction listened ceaselessly to Led Zeppelin’s “Led Zeppelin III” album, hoping to channel the spirit of the music into his tale of the thunder god. "My Thor is very much a 'Led Zeppelin III’ kind of Thor,” Fraction told CBR News. “It’s very power metal; lots of power chords, huge riffs and epic colossal guitar noises. So it’s grim, but it’s only grim as all things awesome have to get a little grim before they get awesome."

“I love Matt’s work, and as a massive Led Zep fan myself, I get where he’s coming from,” Braithwaite laughed. “I think in my cover art that is being released this weekend, you’ll see that I get the whole ‘Led Zeppelin III’ reference. I can tell you that visually, it’s one of the most exciting books I’ve ever done.”

Uh, is it just me, or does it seem like they don't really mean III? Frankly, when I think of huge riffs and epic, colossal guitar noises, I think more of IV...Or II, or even I, for that matter. But III? Other than Immigrant Song and SIBLY, where are these huge riffs and epic noises they're talking about? Just being nitpicky, though...I know what they mean, obviously, and it sounds great!

Archived