Do the negative rumors freak you out a little?

I didn't win....I'm paying someone some major dough to go (they won)....how am I bitching....that I'm concerned Jimmy's finger might hurt his playing....wow....I'm such a dick for caring about him....and yes, after the $$$ I'm dishing out, I do want to see him at his best....which I'm sure he will be....I don't want another 40th...more for his sake then mine.....make sense!!!

P.S. BTW, this gig cost me my job....so don't ANYONE ever question my loyality to these guys...I'd rather be homeless then miss this gig!!!

Unlike you, I loved the Atlantic 40th Anniversary Show, there were many good points and seeing them together was incredible. To have been there, would have been GREAT! You didn't come across as caring about Jimmy in the post about his back injury during the Black Crowes Tour. I had tickets too and they cancelled in my town. I have met JPJ and he was great.... you don't mention him in your posts. You really should read your posts again, as if you were another forum member (perhaps one who did not get tickets) reading them.

Maybe it's me, but if I had such a huge investment in the show, as you must have, I'd go into it with a more positive attitude!

1/2 copper

Led Zeppelin did not achieve their musical status as a result of the mainstream press supporting them. They've had negative press and rumor mongering since day one. This is nothing new and means nothing. The only difference today, however, is the method of delivery. It goes viral; world-wide; within minutes. Take a look at the negative that's been published so far; mostly clueless speculation and no credible sources to substantiate any of it. Their age-no issue, Robert's voice-no issue, Jimmy's finger-HE say's it's not an issue, Jason's competence-no issue, the other members are confident in him, Jonesy's whatever-no issue ... (Being low-key has it's benefits.) :blahblah:

I know you're concerned, Wolfman. But, this isn't a regular tour gig. This is THE GIG ... in honor of their dear friends Ahmet and John and in honor of the Led Zeppelin legacy. You're a part of that legacy. Honor them with your presents, your heart full of joy and your mind without doubt.

AMEN Lady Goodman! Very well said.

Wolfie, you are such a Debbie Downer. :(

I truely feel sad for you that you might be the small percentile of people who will be disappointed.

I don't think they "forgot" how to play their songs.

Jeez, they are a little older, not invalids.

There are plenty of artists in their age group who still rock.

Of course they don't "forget".

I was just saying that people get older and lose abilities, that's all.

They can remember all they want how to play a song, but if their hands and mouths can't manage to keep up, it wouldn't do them any good.

Recently, Robert's voice has been under question.

But really, I'm not worried.

These guys are pros.

Hello,

You are going to get negative "rumours," no matter how good you play, or what your history is :blink::blink: .

One of my fav sayings is "You cannot please everyone." :huh: IMO worrying too much is a total waste of time and energy which could be used elsewhere and it will affect how you enjoy the show too. I think they will "do the best that they can." Nothing more can be asked of anyone. If there is some type of hard feelings because the show didn't go off quite like planned. This is the persons expectations and assumptions which are at fault and not "LZ."

I say maintain positive energy, so you don't "repel" other positive energy, move forward and HAVE FUN!

Rolls >>>> :wacko:

>>>>>Look up the word "rumours/rumors."

I've only read, heard radio interviews and tv interviews of good things and right from the horses mouth. If any negative rumors were posted on the board i must have missed them.

I agree, and I surely wont waste much time on negative remarks from someone you cannot confirm for sure who they are or where they are from :blink::blink::blink: .

If the guy who started this thread is going to the show, he is not just going to see a show, he is in for the experience of a lifetime ;) . Trust is very important in any relationship, be it hero worship or on a personal level. It builds confidence in the whole train instead of just the trustful person and will solidify the alliance.

Rolls>>> :wacko:

Aren't ALL the "negative rumors" from ONE source, The Sun, a tabloid? If past is prologue, one report has many echoes, all of which contain nothing new. Does the negative rumor freak me out? No.

Having a conversation with myself, I guess. Rumor, not rumors.

For the tenth million time....I'm not going to be disappointed....I was just concerned about Jimmy's finger...BTW...some of you people are fucking nuts...."you don't sound like you care about Jimmy's back" GET FUCKING REAL....do you really think he gives a fuck about you....guess what....NO......he's a professional musician.....he puts out albums and plays shows...he's a VERY NICE GUY but if you think he cares what anyone thinks....NO.....he wants you to be happy as FANS...there is nothing personal between him and us other then the magic of the music....stop being a bunch of wankers....what is on this board that you can't question anything about the band members.....that's plain DUMB...for the cool people who have been level-headed and REALISTIC about my concerns in the post (Steve, Blimp, etc.)...thanks...for you have jumped on me... :angry::angry::angry:. !!!

P.S. I really must be a bad fan because I've only seen Jimmy 4x, Robert 8x, JPJ 3x, and Jason 2x....quit my job/ got fired to go this show, etc. ...yeah, I'm a negative fan!!!

Having a conversation with myself, I guess. Rumor, not rumors.

Nahhhh,

I am listening. I just love positive thing's and moving forward of things instead of going over the negative things over and over. From my experience, there isn't much any of us can do to make the show go any better than it will besides help build confidence as a whole. One piece of a puzzle can actually help tear up the final masterpiece. Now, I am sure the guys and I will say "guys" to avoid the "It's not LZ spiel," want to give a terrific show. If they didn't, they have shown in the past they just wont do it.

Does that make sense?

I am not saying build hopes and expectations in things NOT related to this, your personal life is your own. I am saying have fun and do not let other people spoil that, it's defeatest and non-productive. Plus, people will just stop listening.

AFAIK the Sun is a rag similar to The Enquirer and from what I have seen, the U.K is full of these type publications for the fact they sell no matter what they publish.\

I don't read them.

Anyhoo enough on that :blink::blink: .

Good day!

Rolls >>> :wacko:

PS This isn't much later in life....

OK... so is this :blink: supposed to be telling me that I'm being a bozo for worrying....I have the right to be concerned and BTW, you have no clue how much I've spent, do you?

Jimmy is amazing but, since 1980, he does have a bad habit of playing poorly when the spotlight is brightest (yes, he was great a during the P/P tour, Outrider, etc. but total shit during Live Aid and the 40th AAC).....I still can't wait but after hearing how they had all this momentum going :D and (after Jimmy's finger thing) that things aren't going great :unsure: ....YES...I'M FUCKING CONCERNED!!! :angry:

P.S. It might be the last time I see my idol, JP, so I really hope he blows us away!!!

Yes, it meant as sarcasm as to why you would equate spending money on how well Jimmy preforms.

I am so glad you caught that.

Stop worrying ok. It's only going to give you gray hair. Just enjoy the show.

Yes, it meant as sarcasm as to why you would equate spending money on how well Jimmy preforms.

I am so glad you caught that.

Stop worrying ok. It's only going to give you gray hair. Just enjoy the show.

Yeah,

And you wont find more loyal fans ANYWHERE compared to Zep fans...I am on your side, not against you. Plus this is just a message board ya know, used much just to kill time and have fun. People say something one minute and then turn about and do the exact opposite, get my drift?

Add me as a friend, but DO PLEASE tell us about the show afterwards, that's all I want :blink::blink: .

Rolls>>>> :wacko: >>>

If the rumours you are comncerend about came from the Sun then you need to know that the Sun is the biggest piece of newspaper shit here in the UK.

If they don't have a story they wil make one up.

So forget the rumours cos that just what they are.

Just go to the show and enjoy your fucking selves.

If the rumours you are comncerend about came from the Sun then you need to know that the Sun is the biggest piece of newspaper shit here in the UK.

If they don't have a story they wil make one up.

So forget the rumours cos that just what they are.

Just go to the show and enjoy your fucking selves.

I find that using The Sun newspaper makes my bottom sore.

What DOES freak me out is the evil on the LZ message board. I don't subscribe to any other band boards. Are they all like this? I made some attempt at asking 4 or so people to cool it, by PM. Then the boards changed, and the people changed (names at least) but the mean comments continue. All I want is stories, photos, music history, and guitar tabs. There is less info and more bullshit than ever. Time to put a lock on this thread and lumbering slut. I guess it could be worse. In the early 90's Norwegian metal bands used to kill each other for not being metal enough and burn antiquated churches. Norwegian Metal Church Burnings Hope cooler heads prevail before we head off in this direction.

What DOES freak me out is the evil on the LZ message board. I don't subscribe to any other band boards. Are they all like this? I made some attempt at asking 4 or so people to cool it, by PM. Then the boards changed, and the people changed (names at least) but the mean comments continue. All I want is stories, photos, music history, and guitar tabs. There is less info and more bullshit than ever. Time to put a lock on this thread and lumbering slut. I guess it could be worse. In the early 90's Norwegian metal bands used to kill each other for not being metal enough and burn antiquated churches. Norwegian Metal Church Burnings Hope cooler heads prevail before we head off in this direction.
Good and interesting post rokarolla. I've done a lot of research into the evil elements in good 'ol Rock 'N' Roll, and, to be honest, i think that the whole of the music business stinks, and needs to clean up it's act! I'm not trying to come across as "holier than thou", but i've spent many years in the business, and i've seen some stuff happening. The people on this board are basically a good bunch, who sometimes get a bit carried away by their excitement ( especially at this moment in time, with the band reforming and everything). Unfortunately, evil begets evil, as evidenced by the article about the Norwegian black metallers. In my humble opinion, the music business is Satan's invention. One of his main weapons is confusion ( think about the tickets fiasco). Idolatery is another one of his tricks. On the night of the 10th of December, Old Nick will be hovering above the 02 laughing his socks off. Never have so many been fooled by so few!

Well how sweet of you B) .......I feel you though..I 've seen Jimmy four times but I was most excited to see him when I had 5th row seats to see Page and the Crowes....I was finally gonna be up close to one of the gods... BUT then he cancelled the tour supposedly because of his back....BUT then he's on Jay Leno playing that very night and he was dancing around with his wife at my friend's club in LA...bad back my ass....wasn't he and the Robinsons starting to have problems? Anyway, I just hope that play well enough to shut the critics up finally!!!

P.S. I'm not worried about RP's voice...I've seen the guy 8 times and not once did he sound bad...IMOF, he was GREAT!!!

yawn!

I remember that...BTW, I wasn't happy with JP's playing on the NO Q DVD (he was just a little off) and I really didn't like him on a lot of the official Crowes/Page at the Greek (some of the solos were weak).....of course, on tour for both albums, he was fucking AMAZING!!!!

There's a good point. The spotlight was on for the 1st No Quarter show they filmed. Jimmy played stiff in my opinion. Eg. the solo in 'Thank You'. Once they toured the show, he was relaxed and on.

For the tenth million time....I'm not going to be disappointed....I was just concerned about Jimmy's finger...BTW...some of you people are fucking nuts...."you don't sound like you care about Jimmy's back" GET FUCKING REAL....do you really think he gives a fuck about you....guess what....NO......he's a professional musician.....he puts out albums and plays shows...he's a VERY NICE GUY but if you think he cares what anyone thinks....NO.....he wants you to be happy as FANS...there is nothing personal between him and us other then the magic of the music....stop being a bunch of wankers....what is on this board that you can't question anything about the band members.....that's plain DUMB...for the cool people who have been level-headed and REALISTIC about my concerns in the post (Steve, Blimp, etc.)...thanks...for you have jumped on me... :angry::angry::angry:. !!!

P.S. I really must be a bad fan because I've only seen Jimmy 4x, Robert 8x, JPJ 3x, and Jason 2x....quit my job/ got fired to go this show, etc. ...yeah, I'm a negative fan!!!

Yawn,yawn.

Archived