The Beer Thread

Mattmc1973

hmmm ... what about hobgoblin or theakston's old peculiar OR riggwelter blacksheep?

Well I've got some Hobgoblin too :D Old Peculiar is a wonderful beer but I can't get it here. Isn't Black Sheep brewed by one of the rebel son's of the Theakston's ? " Brewed here and only here". It's a nice one as well and... available

Damn Ally, I wish I had your expert view on all of these beers. I thought I was pretty good but you are far better. Im drinking Vodka right now for the first time in months. In fact its the first time Ive drank in months. Holidays are coming so I think Ill go get some good red wine.

It may say more about my beer drinking habits Yukon. I don't drink much of anything else TBH. Although I've been known to tackle a bottle of Lemon Hart dark rum on occation. OK, a few occations :D

• 2 weeks later...
Never had any of those myself...

Anyone for a Pedigree? B)

You'd love Hobgoblin RA. I know it can be found in Wash St. so maybe Oregon as well. I'm still waiting for Pedigree to come back.

Miller Lite is my fav, but any will do!

I wonder.

If Miller Lite is your favorite, I'd bet anything you'd have a problem with many of the distinctive heavy on taste microbrews out there. Most people I've run across, who drink the macrobrews 99.999999% of the time are overwhelmed by the difference and can't stand the craft beers.

Then again, I've always heard the answer about what your favorite beer is....is

whatever is free ! :D

Tsingtao goes good with Chinese too. ;)

I agree!

Went beer shopping today and bought 2 mixed sixes...

Dogfish Head Palo Santo Marron

Dogfish Head World Wide Stout

Dogfish Head Olde School Barleywine

2 Lagunitas Brown Suggas

Anderson Valley Winter Solstice

Anchor Steam holiday brew (can't remember the name)

Bells Winter White

Bells Kalamazoo Stout

Bells Brown Ale

Shipyard IPA

Brooklyn Chocolate Stout

And a four pack of Oskar Blues Ten Fidy Stout

I've had the first 2 Dogfish Head brews, and the Brooklyn. Can't wait to try the rest of them.

Right now I'm enjoying an Anderson Valley Boont Amber. Which I'm sure I've mentioned more than a few times is a wonderful everyday drinkin' beer!

Where do you live ebk ?

Pretty much right between DC and Baltimore. I have a friend in Santa Rosa CA who is my beer guru... he's always recommending new, and interesting, beers for me to try. Fortunately, it seems I can get most of them here.

He recommended the Bells. He can't get it out there, so I'm supposed to report back to him.

Pretty much right between DC and Baltimore. I have a friend in Santa Rosa CA who is my beer guru... he's always recommending new, and interesting, beers for me to try. Fortunately, it seems I can get most of them here.

He recommended the Bells. He can't get it out there, so I'm supposed to report back to him.

I figured it was on one of the coasts. For some reason there seems to generally be a better selection than in the interior states. :(

I'm a big Anderson Valley fan. I've actually been to the tiny brewery there in Mendicion County in Boonville, CA. Got an exclusive tour by the brewmaster. :)

I figured it was on one of the coasts. For some reason there seems to generally be a better selection than in the interior states. :(

I'm a big Anderson Valley fan. I've actually been to the tiny brewery there in Mendicion County in Boonville, CA. Got an exclusive tour by the brewmaster. :)

Sounds like a great time - any samples? :D

Anderson Valley is one of my friend Mario's favorites. And I'm a convert! :)

It's time to start shopping for the holiday brews. I liked the Anchor from last year. Hope this year's is as good. I've been told to grab a Delirium Noel if I see one, although I forgot to look while I was shopping today. That's what tomorrow is for though!

In college, there's nothing but Busch, Natural Light, and Keystone...

We're cheap mofos

I HATE KEYSTONE! The frat houses here must have some kind of deal with the makers of Keystone.. I can't think of another reason they would have such copious amounts of crappy beer. Cheap, of course, but jeez.. to this day I can't see a guy knocking back a Keystone and think to myself, 'what a douche'

ETA:

Mom special ordered some Vanilla Bean Imperial Stout for Christmas.. can't wait to try it.. reading some of the reviews online and it sounds mighty tasty.. albeit a bastard beer for some of you pure-bred beer men out there :P

Sounds like a great time - any samples? :D

Anderson Valley is one of my friend Mario's favorites. And I'm a convert! :)

It's time to start shopping for the holiday brews. I liked the Anchor from last year. Hope this year's is as good. I've been told to grab a Delirium Noel if I see one, although I forgot to look while I was shopping today. That's what tomorrow is for though!

Oh yea !! The brewery is very generous with their sharing. I was there on a weekday in late March of 2001 and NO ONE was around. I hung at their brewpub, the Buckhorn, and met some crusty ole locals. :lol:

http://www.avbc.com/tour/tour.html

svejk.gif

Well I dont see a drink thread so Ill put this here. I am trying blueberry flavored Vodka (with tonic) for the first time. Stoli. Not bad. Yes, I know its only mid afternoon but who cares? Perhaps my wife? Yikes.

I've had blueberry martini's but I prefer green apple. Haven't tried either with tonic though

I'm thoroughly enjoying an Oskar Blues Ten Fidy Imperial Stout right now. Very rich, dark and smooth (I'm not going there... :) ). Lots of coffee flavor - yum. Don't know if anyone has tried any of the Oskar Blues brews - they come in cans and are very tasty. Even right out of the can. Although I did pour this one into a glass...

I'm thoroughly enjoying an Oskar Blues Ten Fidy Imperial Stout right now. Very rich, dark and smooth (I'm not going there... :) ). Lots of coffee flavor - yum. Don't know if anyone has tried any of the Oskar Blues brews - they come in cans and are very tasty. Even right out of the can. Although I did pour this one into a glass...

Show off :P:lol:

Archived