The Beer Thread

Mattmc1973

Having Unibroue Blonde Pilsner at the moment and for the past few months

great beer at a great price

That is a good one. Unibroue product is very popular in Vancouver. I enjoy the Black Ale

So am I, Sleemans No20 Anniversary Ale. Not bad at all. Still have some Hobgoblin hiding somewhere as well. I'll find it :D

That 90 minute IPA is a tad overboard for me. More like a Barley Wine, I like IPA's between 6-7%, just right....iiight ? :D

My local grocer has several decent brews you can make your own 6-pack from. I just get a full six of the Dogfish as it's the best to me of the selections offered. Only $8.99, not bad considering if I got a six of it at another store it'd be $10.99.

This reminds me, is that shark thread still around ? I see where that lady caroselambra was banned, so was kabbalkone....what happened to them, any idea ? :(

That 90 minute IPA is a tad overboard for me. More like a Barley Wine, I like IPA's between 6-7%, just right....iiight ? :D

My local grocer has several decent brews you can make your own 6-pack from. I just get a full six of the Dogfish as it's the best to me of the selections offered. Only $8.99, not bad considering if I got a six of it at another store it'd be $10.99.

This reminds me, is that shark thread still around ? I see where that lady caroselambra was banned, so was kabbalkone....what happened to them, any idea ? :(

I like the 90 minute. Have you tried the 120 yet? That's quite an experience! Dogfish does make a barleywine called Olde School (I think). I have a bottle downstairs, but haven't tried it yet.

Tonight I broke out a Lagunitas Brown Sugga. Really good.

Bought a bottle of Delirium Noel and a bottle of Ommegang Chocolate Indulgence tonight. Can't wait to try them.

Well back to the liquor store tomorrow to get reinforcements for the holidays. Whats on all of your lists? On mine:

Red wine ( Cabernet Sauvignon) Fransiscan (Napa Valley, California), Burgundy (Beaujolais Village) France

White wine: Pinot Grigio

Vodka (Absolute or Stoli)

Rum (Bacardi or Cruzan)

Cheers!!!

Outside of a variety of beer's I'll be picking up some

Wolf Blass Cabernet Sauvignon and a BC wine of choice, not sure yet

Vodka-Absolute

Dark Rum- Lemon Hart

Grand Marnier

Carolines Irish Cream Liquior

Gin- Bombay Sapphire

Im coming to your house! Never had that kind of Gin though I have seen it in stores. I want to try this new kind of Absolute they have out. Im a Mandarin lover but there is a new one out that has a combo of flavors. Cant remember the name. I tried Blueberry Stoli and I liked it. I used to like Scotch but the only kind I would ever drink would be Johnny Walker Black. the Red is rot gut. The black label is worth the money. Smooth. But my whiskey days are behind me. I prefer to have Vodka and tonic but Like the orange flavor. Love the Grey Goose but too expensive and not worth the price. Absolute and Stoli are good for the money. I wont drinnk Smirnoff. Garbage. Recipe for a migraine.

Love Grey Goose but yeah. it is too expensive. I'm just buying the regular Absolute but if you like flavoured vodka, try the green apple. Awsome in Martini's. Never been a fan of Scotch but used to drink plenty rye whiskey back in the day. The only time I do now is if I'm making a hot toddy.

Hi everyone!

I am not much of a beer drinker but I had my first Guinness this summer in Dublin at the Gravity Bar on top of the Guinness Storehouse and I really enjoyed it. My husband, who does enjoy a fine beer, did not like it. I also visited the Jameson Distillery and really liked Jameson with cranberry juice, a Dublin favorite.

DSC00822.jpg

View from the Gravity Bar

DSC00823.jpg

Inside the Storehouse

DSC01115.jpg

From the Distillery

i just looked it up. Its called Absolut Los Angeles. It has the mix of these flavors: Acai, Acerola, Pomegranite, and Blueberry. Wish I could taste it before buying a liter. I cant find it in a small bottle. Looks interesting If you go to their website they have some drink mixes to make with it.

I shall. My neighbour is a Martini drinker and we got into blue and green versions a while back. Both were great but I really liked the green apple. Didn't try it with tonic though. Thanks

I try and stay away from liquor. I can do enough damage with beer and wine... :)

Went shopping Saturday and bought a lovely Cab (Avalon) for about $11. Very drinkable wine for the price. Also got a couple bottles of Italian Reds. And I was about to tell you the beers I bought Saturday, but it seems I've already done that. The mind is the first thing to go...

Ive had Weisenstephan on tap where I bartend before & liked it but I had a few bottles over Thanksgiving at a friends & I... quite enjoyed it! Been looking for it in bottle ever since around where I live.

Where do you live ?

Archived