The Beer Thread

Mattmc1973

Where do you live ?

Staten Island, New York. It's not like I couldnt drink it everyday of the week, it's on tap where I bartend, I just preferred in bottle form & I never see it any of my local stores which are stocked pretty well with far more obscure imports.

Staten Island, New York. It's not like I couldnt drink it everyday of the week, it's on tap where I bartend, I just preferred in bottle form & I never see it any of my local stores which are stocked pretty well with far more obscure imports.

I was hoping you were a little closer as it would mean I may be able to try it :D Sorry if this has already been posted but, who brews it ? I take it , it's a wheat beer

I was hoping you were a little closer as it would mean I may be able to try it :D Sorry if this has already been posted but, who brews it ? I take it , it's a wheat beer

Well I misspelt for starters. It should be "Weihenstepan". It's brewed & named after it's namesake town in Bavaria for about a 1000 years. My friend Volker who is originally from there will only drink it in late summer for his own bizarre Bavarian reasons that are foreign to myself. Other than it tasteing nice thats about all I know.

Well I misspelt for starters. It should be "Weihenstepan". It's brewed & named after it's namesake town in Bavaria for about a 1000 years. My friend Volker who is originally from there will only drink it in late summer for his own bizarre Bavarian reasons that are foreign to myself. Other than it tasteing nice thats about all I know.

Well, if it is a Heffevizan then it will be a seasonal brew and summer is when it is usually available. That may be why you can't find it right now in bottles

http://www.absolut.com/campaign/absolutla/drinks

Just got some of this Absolute Los Angeles. Wonder what it will taste like? Ill find out on Xmas Eve.

My wifes the Vodka drinker in the house and that's once in a " Blue Moon " at the best of times. We buy a bottle of her choice every Christmas so maybe I'll have to pick up something flavoured. She'll shoot me though if she doesn't like it so crack yours open and let me know what you think :D

It depends on what she likes for a mixer. If she likes tonic water any will do, but my favorite is the Mandrin. That said, they are recommending to mix this Los Angeles with Cranberry juice. Which is what my wife likes even though she isnt a drinker. There is a mix of 4 flavors in this LA one. Read up on it and see what you think. But if you really want to take no chances, spend the big bucks and get Grey Goose L'Orange. Its smooth and nice.

I was joking Yukon. Actually , cranberry or a mix of cranberry and tonic are my wifes choices for mix more often than not. This Los Angeles sounds like it would go over good

But if you really want to take no chances, spend the big bucks and get Grey Goose L'Orange. Its smooth and nice.

Are you suggesting Grey Goose because it's made near where you live? :P

To be honest, I wasn't quite shocked when I found out that GG was made in the Bronx...

I actually never knew that. But Im not from the City. Im in upstate NY. Rochester/Buffalo. The only thing they made here was Gennessee Beer for years. Named for the river that runs through here. They have this stuff called cream ale. Many used to love it. We called it the Green monster as it came in a green can. Or Scream Ale. They pretty much sold out the company and it was never the same again. Back to Vodka, I think Grey Goose is fabulous. And Absolut and Stoli are fine too. As for Smirnoff and Svedka, rot gut garbage. The Los Angeles I dont know if they are going to make it on a regular basis. Thinking it may be a special item but I could be wrong. I wish I could have tasted it first. But Ill have to wait. I did like the blueberry flavored Stoli.

Try Ciroc. 80 Proof. Very good Vodka - one of my favorites.

If you love beer, and you love coffee (and who doesn't? :) ) you will LOVE Lagunitas Cappucino Stout. Very smooth, with a strong coffee flavor. I only bought one bottle, but I'm hoping they still have some when I go back since it is a limited release. If you see it, buy it.

If you love beer, and you love coffee (and who doesn't? :) ) you will LOVE Lagunitas Cappucino Stout. Very smooth, with a strong coffee flavor. I only bought one bottle, but I'm hoping they still have some when I go back since it is a limited release. If you see it, buy it.

I shall. I can get Lagunitas in Wash. St. and I love a coffee flavour in my stout. Thanks for the tip B)

Yes... I went beer shopping again today. Someone - please stop me!!

Bought 2 of the Lagunitas Cappucino Stouts, Samuel Smith Winter Welcome Ale, a St Bernardus variety 6 pack and the Magic Hat variety 12 pack.

I'm finishing up the Dogfish Head Punkin' Ale tonight. And I'm feeling fine... :)

Yes... I went beer shopping again today. Someone - please stop me!!

Bought 2 of the Lagunitas Cappucino Stouts, Samuel Smith Winter Welcome Ale, a St Bernardus variety 6 pack and the Magic Hat variety 12 pack.

I'm finishing up the Dogfish Head Punkin' Ale tonight. And I'm feeling fine... :)

It's too bad that Matt's not posting at the moment as I know he's a fan of St Bernardus and Laguintas.

product. Matt's really the guy when it comes to beer, I'm just a reasonable faxsimilie :D

Went to dinner at the Dogfish Head Alehouse in Falls Church tonight. I had an Indian Brown Ale and a Chicory Stout with my BBQ burger and fries (the fries are really good).

I've got to have a serious look for some Dogfish product. Don't know if it's available in Wash St

i've seen the dogfish beer here, but have never bought it. i started buying the saranac beers from upstate ny and now i dont see those beers anymore. anyway, rolling rocks are back to normal, no more cardboardy, beer and music listening session going ok.

whatever happened to saranac beer?

Archived