The Beer Thread

Mattmc1973

Anyone tried Lagunitas beers from California? I'm drinking a Lagunitas Maximus, a Double IPA right now...

Love the Lagunitas seasonals. I had a bottle of this year's Gnarley Wine and I'm holding another bottle for a while to age it. Hope I remember how it tasted now for comparison...

Also love the Lumpy Gravy and the Kill Ugly Radio.

I've tried the Censored. It's okay, but I didn't love it enough to buy it again. Haven't tried the Maximus.

I have a friend in Santa Rosa who says the beer is even better on tap, but I figure I'm fortunate to find it at all here.

If you click the link in my sig, you can see my reviews for Maximus and Gnarly Wine, which I just had a couple nights ago...

Agree on the Gnarley Wine. Very enjoyable.

And on a totally cosmetic note, I love the labels. Really funny.

I can't seem to find them where i live. I checked their website and noticed there are quite a few varieties. Do you have a favorite? I have only had the one kind. Would love one right now.

To be honest, I haven't been to beer distributor in many years (other than to return empties). I buy my beer at the supermarket, since they carry a few favorites and I can tack the tab on the grocery bill. So I forget which Bocks I've tried. I think one brand had a Ram on the label, but I drink too fast to be doing any reading. As I mentioned in the lost beer thread, Spaten Double Shovel (Doppelspaten?) from Munich is my favorite dark beer.

Alright, let's start fresh with a new beer thread!

Ally, what have you been drinking? Fill me in!

Well, it is not quite 12:00 noon and I am already thinking about a Corona with a lime. It is about 100 degree F in the shade. Just got back from my daily trot. Anyone want to join me by the pool?

Love Gnarly Wine also but too hot for wine now.

Absolute Citroen Vodka on the rocks with olives -

Tanqueray and Tonic anyone?

I waiting for the word - I hate to drink alone! B)

WHAT MADE MILWAUKEE FAMOUS HAS MADE A LOSER OUT OF ME

Rod Stewart

Well, it is not quite 12:00 noon and I am already thinking about a Corona with a lime. It is about 100 degree F in the shade. Just got back from my daily trot. Anyone want to join me by the pool?

Love Gnarly Wine also but too hot for wine now.

Absolute Citroen Vodka on the rocks with olives -

Tanqueray and Tonic anyone?

I waiting for the word - I hate to drink alone! B)

WHAT MADE MILWAUKEE FAMOUS HAS MADE A LOSER OUT OF ME

Rod Stewart

Would love to join ya but alas, work awaits. Green Apple Martini's work quite nicely on a hot day ;)

Blue Moon has been my solid beer for about a year & a half now because you see it everywhere now, but Bass is what I'll always go back to if I have the choice in a bar. Newcastle I occassionally get a taste for as with Sierra Nevada. If I'm hanging at one bar I rarely go to I always have to drink this nice hearty Belgian called Delirium... it lives up to it's name. Drink three & you're good for the night & it's as filling as steak.

Which Delirium? There's Delirium Tremens, Delirium Noel, and Delirium Nocturnum. Probably Tremens?

Nocturnam. I only drink it at one bar I occassionally go to, then like a fool for some reason I switch to Grand Marnier & wake up with considerable regret lol.

My two bottles of Westvleteren 12 have arrived...the "Unicorn" of beers, the mythical, legendary beer. Have to wait for a special occasion to try one. Or maybe I'll do what many people on Ratebeer.com do, they save it for a milestone rating, like their 100th rating.

Photo11.jpg

My two bottles of Westvleteren 12 have arrived...the "Unicorn" of beers, the mythical, legendary beer. Have to wait for a special occasion to try one. Or maybe I'll do what many people on Ratebeer.com do, they save it for a milestone rating, like their 100th rating.

Photo11.jpg

I look forward to this one Matt. I don't know anyone who has tried it

Photo11.jpg

I wouldn't be able to sleep if I new that beer was hiding in the closet. :lol:

Mister your a better man than I. B)

I posted on the old thread about KB just before it got pulled but I've had it. It came in a quart can and I loved it. Big Beer was another one that I really enjoyed

YOU seem to know your beers.....UNLIKE too many peeps on this thread!! :):):):)

Archived