The Beer Thread

Mattmc1973

Oddly enough, I haven't had the 60 minute. But I love the 90. And I have 2 of the 2006 120's and 2 of the 2008's. I'm trying to find a special occasion-type night to drink the first 120 because I know it will be wonderful - it better be for the price!! :D

I like the Indian Brown a lot. And I just tried the Palo Santo Marron which is just devine!!

Geez - you'd think I worked for them... :) (I don't...)

I don't think that you can get 120 here,the state just recently allowed a higher alcohol content in beer. I can't remember the actual limit but I'm sure that it's not even remotely close to 21 percent :lol: I can probably get a friend to bring some down the next time he visits though,I would love to try that one,(or two) :beer:

Today I grabbed a bottle of Dogfish Head World Wide Stout...18% abv!

That's a one drink day for me. It would have to be very good for me to settle for just one on a Sat. afternoon. As I told you, Sleemans IPA. Great summer ale

Today I grabbed a bottle of Dogfish Head World Wide Stout...18% abv!

I have a bottle in my basement. Can't wait to hear what you think of it - I haven't tried it yet.

I have a bottle in my basement. Can't wait to hear what you think of it - I haven't tried it yet.

We'd like to hear what you think about it. Drink the stuff :D

I wonder if you Aussis out there know this beer??!! :)

10133.jpg

omg, i just clicked on this thread by mistake, and this came on the screen..............we drank that as underagers. we called it Kids Beer.

i apologise for the interruption to you normal scheduled posting. normal posting will resume in a moment. :D

omg, i just clicked on this thread by mistake, and this came on the screen..............we drank that as underagers. we called it Kids Beer.

i apologise for the interruption to you normal scheduled posting. normal posting will resume in a moment. :D

Kids Beer :D I thought it was pretty good when I tried it. I was young at the time though :o:D

oh, so you had KB over there? or did someone bring it over for you?

In Seattle after a footy game. Came in a quart can. After the game, I would have thought anything tasted good but I quite liked it to be honest

It is the oddest thing through decades of searching for and finding strong beer (8-10% and up) and passing up on those weaker than 5% lately I've been enjoying Boreal White Beer which is only 4.2% and it is the best White Beer I've tried so far. Me going for flavour over alcohol level now that's a first!

It is the oddest thing through decades of searching for and finding strong beer (8-10% and up) and passing up on those weaker than 5% lately I've been enjoying Boreal White Beer which is only 4.2% and it is the best White Beer I've tried so far.

I'll have to look for that one. Haven't seen it in BC. Is Boreal a Quebec brewery ?

I've been getting prices at liquor stores on kegs, and am still trying to decide what keg to put in my kegerator. Newcastle is $160, Bells Oberon is $140, and Blue Moon is $120. So Blue Moon would be a cheaper alternative, but I've always wanted Newcastle on tap at home, so maybe I just spend the extra bucks?

First thing I need to do is get a line-cleaning kit, and flush out the lines so there's no remnants of the last guy's crap beer in there...

I've been getting prices at liquor stores on kegs, and am still trying to decide what keg to put in my kegerator. Newcastle is $160, Bells Oberon is $140, and Blue Moon is $120. So Blue Moon would be a cheaper alternative, but I've always wanted Newcastle on tap at home, so maybe I just spend the extra bucks?

First thing I need to do is get a line-cleaning kit, and flush out the lines so there's no remnants of the last guy's crap beer in there...

May as well spend the extra. Newcastle is a good choice

Yes,go with the Newcastle and invite ZoSoDragon and I over,we'll help ya tap that one :lol:

I'll even LET you rag on me and my poor Indians :(

I was quite pleasantly surprised on my one trip across the pond to find some passable beers from micro brewerys in BC & WA but they aren't as good as our English Ales. My brother keeps a Pub in Derbyshire England and his Marston's Pedigree has to be tasted to be believed. Even when/if you can get it over there it won't travel particularly well.

But the true king of all beers is this one. 6X.

http://www.wadworth.co.uk/ourbeers.html?PH...134955413cd5099

I've had a deep and meaningful relationship with it since I first tasted it 30 years ago!

May as well spend the extra. Newcastle is a good choice

The question is also, how good of a husband do I want to be? My wife doesn't like Newcastle, but she does like Blue Moon. So she'd help with the keg if I got Blue Moon, but more for me if I got Newcastle. So do I be nice, or selfish? I'm leaning toward selfish B)

The question is also, how good of a husband do I want to be? My wife doesn't like Newcastle, but she does like Blue Moon. So she'd help with the keg if I got Blue Moon, but more for me if I got Newcastle. So do I be nice, or selfish? I'm leaning toward selfish B)

Selfish, B) she'll learn to like it. I wasn't that impressed with the Blue Moon, it was only in a bottle and I've not tried it on tap.

Archived