The Beer Thread

Mattmc1973

Dos Equis with a lot of lime and salt... love it that way.

"Stay thirsty, my friends" - that guy is such a stud!

I'm a Guinness gal, but I'd try this beer for the commercials alone

...Pavlov hears the bell ringing...

• 2 months later...

FROM CNBC: TOP TWENTY BEER DRINKING COUNTIRES PER CAPITA ANNUAL BEER CONSUMPTION

1. CZECH REPUBLIC
  2. IRELAND
  3. GERMANY
  4. AUSTRALIA
  5. AUSTRIA
  6. UK
  7. BELGIUM
  8. DENMARK
  9. FINLAND
  10. LUXEMBURG
  11. SLOVAKIA
  12. SPAIN
  13. USA
  14. CROATIA
  15. NETHERLANDS
  16. NEW ZEALAND
  17. HUNGARY
  18. POLAND
  19. CANADA
  20. PORTUGAL

FROM CNBC: TOP TWENTY BEER DRINKING COUNTIRES PER CAPITA ANNUAL BEER CONSUMPTION

1. CZECH REPUBLIC
  2. IRELAND
  3. GERMANY
  4. AUSTRALIA
  5. AUSTRIA
  6. UK
  7. BELGIUM
  8. DENMARK
  9. FINLAND
  10. LUXEMBURG
  11. SLOVAKIA
  12. SPAIN
  13. USA
  14. CROATIA
  15. NETHERLANDS
  16. NEW ZEALAND
  17. HUNGARY
  18. POLAND
  19. CANADA
  20. PORTUGAL

I think Spain and Portugal are on that list because of all the Brits that holiday there :D

Yes I am. I don't live where they brew any good one's though, I have to find the out of state one's at the finer liquor stores. I'm in the northern South.

Well there are plenty of good ones available but one that the guy that started this thread and I have agreed on is Laguintas. They make different strengths as I understand it but I've only tried the regular one. Excellent and should be an easy catch for you. It's only been the last 6 mo or so that I've actually gained a taste for IPA's. Have alway's been a strong ale fan but that Laguintas converted me....at least for a little while :D

Well there are plenty of good ones available but one that the guy that started this thread and I have agreed on is Laguintas. They make different strengths as I understand it but I've only tried the regular one. Excellent and should be an easy catch for you. It's only been the last 6 mo or so that I've actually gained a taste for IPA's. Have alway's been a strong ale fan but that Laguintas converted me....at least for a little while :D

I've had Laguintas and it is nice. Not available here though.

My favorites are West Coast IPA's. Mendicino Brewing Co. makes a good one called White Hawk.

whitehawk_label_medium.jpg

http://www.mendobrew.com/brews/white_hawk.html

I've had Laguintas and it is nice. Not available here though.

My favorites are West Coast IPA's. Mendicino Brewing Co. makes a good one called White Hawk.

whitehawk_label_medium.jpg

http://www.mendobrew.com/brews/white_hawk.html

Thanks for that. I'll look for those the next time I'm in Washington State. We have some good ones in BC. If you ever see Devils Elbow by Howe Sound Brewery in your area give it a try. A very strong tasting IPA by most standards but very very good

Thanks for that. I'll look for those the next time I'm in Washington State. We have some good ones in BC. If you ever see Devils Elbow by Howe Sound Brewery in your area give it a try. A very strong tasting IPA by most standards but very very good

IPA's are in limited supply here. I'll look for it though.

We get more BC bud here than BC beer. :hippy:

Trying two this evening that are new to me

He'brew Genesis Ale. A light brown with plenty of wallop :) Matt, if your there, definately one to consider for your kegerator. Shmaltz Brewing Co Saratoga Springs NY

The other is Red Seal Ale by the North Coast Brewing Co . Much more of a traditional American ale and very similar to say.. Mirror Pond, Fat Tire. I like it but prefer the above. Mind you, I have already drank my six pack of Genesis Ale and only have 4 more Red Seal so hell, I guess this is my favorite at the moment :D

I'm a huge fan of Shmaltz Brewing. I love the Lenny RIPA and I have a bottle of the Jewbelation 11th Anniversary aging in the basement.

Today I took my $50 gift card and went beer shopping. I got a six pack of Anderson Valley Boont Amber, a six pack of Smithwicks and a six pack of Stone Ruination IPA (which I absolutely love!!!). Also picked up a single of the Sierra Nevada Anniversary Ale and the Dogfish Head Pumpkin Ale.

Guess I need to start drinking! :)

I'm a huge fan of Shmaltz Brewing. I love the Lenny RIPA and I have a bottle of the Jewbelation 11th Anniversary aging in the basement.

Today I took my $50 gift card and went beer shopping. I got a six pack of Anderson Valley Boont Amber, a six pack of Smithwicks and a six pack of Stone Ruination IPA (which I absolutely love!!!). Also picked up a single of the Sierra Nevada Anniversary Ale and the Dogfish Head Pumpkin Ale.

Guess I need to start drinking! :)

Absolutely, start now :D I will be looking for more of Shmaltz Brewery product. Genesis Ale is the only one that I've seen here but it seems to be selling. With any luck I'll be able to talk the store manager into bringing in more of their stuff.

Tonight's selection - Green Flash Brewing Imperial IPA. I've read that one either loves this or really hates it. I love it!! Don't see how - at least if you're a fan of the style - you couldn't. Smooth mouthfeel with a nice hoppy bite. Very enjoyable - I'll definitely be buying more of this.

• 2 weeks later...

As it's Halloween I tried to keep up with the spirit of things and will be getting into a little Wychwood 'Hobgoblin' ( T shirt to match ) and some Bellhaven 'Wee Heavy'. It should be a bra moonlicht nicht t' nicht ;)

Happy Halloween. I tried the Pumpkin flavored Blue Moon a while back but didn't care for it.

Happy Halloween to you as well :) It's only 8:30 here so I've been back and forth at the door scaring the crap out of trick or treaters :D . Had a few laughs along the way.

Haven't tried the Pumpkin Blue Moon but I haven't enjoyed any other pumpkin beers. Don't mind drinking one from a pumpkin though :D

Happy Halloween. I tried the Pumpkin flavored Blue Moon a while back but didn't care for it.

I've tried a few pumpkin beers in the past but never really liked them. This year I tried the Dogfish Head Punkin Ale...and it's fabulous!! A friend also recommended Buffalo Bills Pumpkin Ale but I haven't had a chance to go out and get any yet.

Oh, and Happy Halloween!

Archived