Glenside, PA Fri, 03/25/11

10:45 PM Find Tickets »

Jeff Beck's Rock & Roll Party w/ Imelda May & Her Band Beacon Theatre

New York, NY Mon, 03/28/11

08:00 PM Find Tickets »

Jeff Beck Michigan Theater

Ann Arbor, MI Thu, 03/31/11

Jam Presents Jeff Beck's Rock N Roll Party & the Imelda May Band Cadillac Palace

Chicago, IL Fri, 04/01/11

Jeff Beck Verizon Theatre At Grand Prairie

Grand Prairie, TX Mon, 04/04/11

JEFF BECK'S ROCK and ROLL PARTY with IMELDA MAY and her BAND The Fox Theater - Pomona

Pomona, CA Fri, 04/08/11

Jeff Beck The Fillmore

San Francisco, CA Sat, 04/09/11

on Live Nation

Jeff Beck State Theatre

Minneapolis, MN Sun, 04/17/11

07:30 PM Find Tickets »

Jeff Beck University At Buffalo Center for the Arts

Buffalo, NY Fri, 04/22/11

Jeff Beck Carnegie Music Hall of Oakland

Pittsburgh, PA Sat, 04/23/11

Jeff Beck Louisville Palace

Louisville, KY Tue, 04/26/11

on Live Nation

Jeff Beck: VIP Party Box Louisville Palace

on Live Nation

I saw him with Imelda May last year. What an outstanding combo they are!

Back on tour:

Jeff Beck Keswick Theatre

Jeff Beck Keswick Theatre

10:45 PM Find Tickets »

Jeff Beck's Rock & Roll Party w/ Imelda May & Her Band Beacon Theatre

New York, NY Mon, 03/28/11

Jeff Beck Michigan Theater

Ann Arbor, MI Thu, 03/31/11

Jam Presents Jeff Beck's Rock N Roll Party & the Imelda May Band Cadillac Palace

Chicago, IL Fri, 04/01/11

Jeff Beck Verizon Theatre At Grand Prairie

Grand Prairie, TX Mon, 04/04/11

JEFF BECK'S ROCK and ROLL PARTY with IMELDA MAY and her BAND The Fox Theater - Pomona

Pomona, CA Fri, 04/08/11

Jeff Beck The Fillmore

San Francisco, CA Sat, 04/09/11

on Live Nation

Jeff Beck State Theatre

Minneapolis, MN Sun, 04/17/11

Jeff Beck University At Buffalo Center for the Arts

Buffalo, NY Fri, 04/22/11

Jeff Beck Carnegie Music Hall of Oakland

Pittsburgh, PA Sat, 04/23/11

Jeff Beck Louisville Palace

on Live Nation

Jeff Beck: VIP Party Box Louisville Palace

on Live Nation

I saw him with Imelda May last year. What an outstanding combo they are!

Yeh she is good too isn't she. although this was now year before last.

I saw him June 2010, my third time. I know we had a greatest electric guitarist thread a while back on the other music/band (this one) topic and he was in my top 5. I think I have everything he has ever done!! If he comes this way again, I'll go. I'll always listen to Beck...another one I always enjoy. Simply amazing what he can make a guitar sound like.

Edited by Deborah J

• 1 month later...

There was a great article on Jeff in USA Today last week or so (I was on a cruise and the hubby cut it out of the paper to save for me).

I am excited to see the video of his tribute to Les Paul at the Iridium last year.

I am hoping to catch Jeff in concert again this year. Saw him twice last year.

USA Today article

Video

Rock legend Jeff Beck looks ahead, and back

By Marco R. della Cava, USA TODAY

LOS ANGELES — Jeff Beck slouches on a couch in the cloistered enclave of Bar 1200, a fabled rock-star watering hole at the Sunset Marquis hotel. Glaring down from the wall behind him is Ozzy Osbourne, whose eyes pop menacingly from a massive black-and-white photo.

"Do I have to sit here?" Beck says with mock horror. Then he points to a seat across the room. "That's my usual spot over there. I practically take root."

Over the past four decades, Beck, 66, has had ample time to fade into the landscape. Although he was considered one of the best guitarists to emerge from the '60s London scene, his penchant for perfectionism and for following his idiosyncratic muse led to solitary times when the only music he made came from banging away on his beloved American hot rods.

No longer. Beck's on a mainstream tear of late. He just picked up three Grammys for best rock and pop instrumentals and best pop collaboration. And today, he comes out with Rock 'n' Roll Party Honoring Les Paul, a CD and DVD of last summer's rockabilly gig at New York's Iridium Jazz Club.

And now comes word that, despite old frictions, Beck has recorded songs that may reunite him with Rod Stewart, who handled vocals in The Jeff Beck Group for its seminal albums Truth (1968) and Beck-Ola (1969).

"I cut some tracks and sent them to Rod, and I'm still waiting for a response," says Beck, sunglasses shading weary eyes. "Some are originals, and we've got great covers, too. It's sort of Chapter 2 of Beck-Ola. So yeah, ball's in your court, matey."

Stewart, 66, appears to be interested. He and Beck "are making progress and an upcoming project is looking promising," says Arnold Stiefel, Stewart's manager.

The raspy vocalist has avoided rehashing his youth. But the opportunity to conjure that old rock magic may prove tough to resist, says Rolling Stone associate editor Andy Greene

"This would be a big deal," Greene says. "Consider that when our magazine reviewed the first Led Zeppelin album, they were panned as a poor man's Jeff Beck Group."

Greene says such a teaming is in keeping with Beck's concerted effort "to get back into the game after consistently sabotaging his career. Those recent Grammys are proof positive he's returned with music that is more palatable than ever."

Beck acknowledges the radical shift in his attitude. "We've put in a lot of hard work over the past two years; our gig books look like the Yellow Pages. ... I've led the rock 'n' roll life for so long that I feel like I have to have that buzz."

Beck was particularly eager to celebrate the life of his idol and later friend, Les Paul, who gigged at the Iridium with his signature ax up until his death in 2009 at age 94.

"As a schoolboy, me and a friend would rush home and play his records over and over, trying to figure out what he was doing," Beck says. "We were right there with a passion for Les' tone, the finger movements, the bends, the attack."

Beck's early love of jazz greats such as Barney Kessel made him unique among rocker peers such as Eric Clapton and Keith Richards. Where they went for a mainstream blues sound, Beck experimented on the fringes of fusion, which may be why members of Pink Floyd wanted him but were too intimidated to make the move.

"(Floyd's) Dave Gilmour told me once after a few ales that they wanted me, but Roger (Waters) was too scared to ask," Beck says, laughing.

"Would I have joined? Probably not," he says. "Back then, I was nuts, looking for more aggressive stuff. More black funk, James Brown and Motown. I jumped ship from that whole English rock thing."

Beck remains on the hunt for new sounds, says Art Thompson, senior editor with Guitar Player magazine. "No one can play like him. Ron Wood told me that he and Jimmy Page were talking, and Jimmy said, 'Well, there's no one better than Jeff, is there?' "

Page said as much inducting old friend Beck into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 2009. "What he said was outrageous," Beck says. "What a compliment."

While Beck waits to see if Stewart pays him one by re-teaming, he's mending another old friendship.

"There were times when I treated my guitars as a nuisance," he says. "But they are my best friends. I looked at one the other day and thought, 'Thanks a lot, pal, you got me all around the world.' People give me so much for making noises with it. And it's just a lump of wood with some wires."

Edited by BUCK'EYE' DOC

Thanks for that information, yahyoubetcha. :) You were fortunate to get those tickets for that small venue. Two years ago we tried but weren't successful - we'd still love to see Jeff again and a small venue would be especially nice.

I wrote this nearly three years ago and since then have seen Jeff twice (soon to be three times) in less than a year at smaller venues. I never expected it to happen and I rarely thought about it...but it did happen...and Jeff was consistently brilliant.

Edited by MadScreamingGallery

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Thanks Deborah J. Love seeing collections like that and the history that goes with them.

I am looking forward to seeing Mr. Beck in October when he comes to our little town.

You are so very welcome. Beck is just simply amazing. I saw him last June here in Atlanta, it was my third time to see him. I hope he comes this way again. Can't wait to hear your thoughts after you get to him in October:-) :D

Just as a side note, I always thought if he and JPJ got together, can you imagine!!!!!

Edited by Deborah J

JPJ and Beck? Yes.

Many times he has had guests on stage with him, what a gift that would be.

On a similar note...JPJ and Tal Wilkenfeld? Dueling basses! (does she still do any tours with him?)

Listening to Jeff Beck at Crossroads 2007 right now.

Edited by MINI_Zoso

I watched The Rock 'n' Roll Party honoring Les Paul at the Iridium Club DVD again on Saturday night.What.A.Blast.

JB can play any style with ease,the man's a marvel.

Audience members included:Jimmy Page,Robert Plant,David Bowie,Kirk Hammett,Little Steven.One of the on-stage guests was Brian Setzer who I always thought played some decent rockabilly guitar,JB smoked him and smiled the whole time while doing it.

And Imelda May,Darrel Higham and the band,they smoked too.That is some serious rockin' stuff.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...