For all of us who won't be at the Concert

As we all know, the Led Zeppelin reunion is December 10th, and since most of us were not lucky enough to get tickets, i beg this question...What are we supposed to do? I do not think its going to be on PPV or TV, so when will we first be able to listen/view the concert itself? There will probably be a zillion youtube videos from camera phones..but i want the chance to listen and watch LZ in the clearest and most precise was possible. So what should we do...how long will we have to wait...and how are you guys going about it?

Good question. Each of us will have to decide that on our own. But the best thing is dont get discouraged. They will play again. there will be a US date. Im sure of it. They would not agree to record new material if they were calling it quits. they are just being quiet until they see how this gig goes off.

They've officially agreed to write new material? I heard Jimmy talk about he'd be suprised if nothing new came of it...but is anything official yet?

I agree, i hope Robert sees the light. As much as i respect his solo career, this is Led Zeppelin, this is bigger then all of them individually combined. I love how Jimmy is going about it, he is clearly all for bringing his creating back to life. We can only hope.

What will I be doing? What I'm doing right now reading all these posts by people who have tickets and are going...

:'( :boohoo:__Jump_Off_a_Cliff___Emoticon_by_neek_zique.gif

(of course, that last one is off my bed, which is, I think, maybe 2 feet off the ground, so... yeah...)

Oh, and 51.gif that they tour...

I think they're more than likely going to release an official DVD of the show at some point in time... I'm sure they'll hold off on releasing anything until they (the band) can watch it themselves and see if it was a good performance or not (remember Live Aid? or Atlantic's 40th Anniversary?)... If the show sucks, we'll probably never see it unless you're there on December 10th...

We can only hope that someone going to the show will tape it, if that's possible at O2.

From what i was told of the first P/P tour, they had set up a low range FM transmitter outside of the venue(in Pittsburgh, anyway) for the benefit of the people who could'nt get in, and broadcast the concert free of charge. Granted, you had to be within a stones throw of the arena to pick it up(didnt hear it, i was inside). It would be great if a similar situation could happen at O2...plus, it would be possible for those of us who would kill to hear/see the show to get a quick fix. Doubtful. Wishful thinking on my part i suppose.

What will I be doing? What I'm doing right now reading all these posts by people who have tickets and are going...

:'( :boohoo:%7Boption%7D

I've stopped coming here and to other Led Zep/Jimmy Page websites. It's just tooo depressing to know that this is happening and I won't be there to witness it.

Urgh,

Back into hiding/boo hoo'ing.

Maid

Disagree Maid- This is not a depressing time at all. This re-union has the whole rock world buzzing.

This is a very exciting time for all Zep fans, I strongly believe there will be more shows after the O2 (as long as RP,JP and JPJ are satisfied with their performance).

This has become to big to just do this one show! :D

Disagree Maid- This is not a depressing time at all. This re-union has the whole rock world buzzing.

This is a very exciting time for all Zep fans, I strongly believe there will be more shows after the O2 (as long as RP,JP and JPJ are satisfied with their performance).

This has become to big to just do this one show! :D

Disagree Joe - I said I am depressed, dammit. Could you let me have my feelings? :unsure:

I'm so thrilled and excited that 18,000+ people get to witness this wonderful event. On the other hand, I'm am sad that I am not one of those folks.

This isn't a depressing time for a lot of folks. ME - I'm upset that I cannot go.

'kay? Disagree all you want to, but this is my opinion/feelings.

Maid

Disagree Joe - I said I am depressed, dammit. Could you let me have my feelings? :unsure:

I'm so thrilled and excited that 18,000+ people get to witness this wonderful event. On the other hand, I'm am sad that I am not one of those folks.

This isn't a depressing time for a lot of folks. ME - I'm upset that I cannot go.

Maid

ok :(

Well, if my time calculations are correct, Led Zeppelin will take the stage around 9 PM London time, so that'll be around 3 PM here in Toronto time, so i'll be asleep or playing my Xbox, waiting for the right time to visit youtube and search "Led Zeppelin reunion concert", hopefully I won't get Rick-rolled.

Don't hold your breath waiting for a live broadcast. There's no way they'll let their first proper concert in 27 years go out live whilst there's the smallest risk of it going 'tits up'. Which is a pity because they'd make money for the charity hand over fist if it were PPV.

I too find it very dificult to join in all the speculation about the O2 when I can't go. That might be selfish but there's nothing I can do about it. On 10/12 at the time of the concert - knowing they're on stage within 200miles of my house will be torture. I'm thinking I might just drown my sorrows.

Well, if my time calculations are correct, Led Zeppelin will take the stage around 9 PM London time, so that'll be around 3 PM here in Toronto time, so i'll be asleep or playing my Xbox, waiting for the right time to visit youtube and search "Led Zeppelin reunion concert", hopefully I won't get Rick-rolled.

Hey Fellow Canadian:

I'll be at work @ 3 p.m.

I hope there will be something on Canadian tv about this gig.....I'll be watching before and after work to see if there will be any Much Music VJ's sent there....I hope so!!!!

Juliet

Maid

I will have to selfishly indulge in my own depression and agree with you. Lets drown our sorrows. :drunk:

What do we do? One things for sure...I'm gonna cry a lot that night... :( How I wish I got a ticket...I tried the ballot...then this radio station had this contest to win a ticket...I didn't get one...I really tried everything! :mellow:

Hey Fellow Canadian:

I'll be at work @ 3 p.m.

I hope there will be something on Canadian tv about this gig.....I'll be watching before and after work to see if there will be any Much Music VJ's sent there....I hope so!!!!

Juliet

Are you kidding me? Much Music covering the Zeppelin reunion? they'll be pre-occupied dishing hot-topics about Britney and playing videos by Souljah Boy to care, the VJ's wouldn't know good music if it was thrusting into their backside. :(

Oh and another Canadian, WHOOOOOOO!

Don't hold your breath waiting for a live broadcast. There's no way they'll let their first proper concert in 27 years go out live whilst there's the smallest risk of it going 'tits up'. Which is a pity because they'd make money for the charity hand over fist if it were PPV.

I too find it very dificult to join in all the speculation about the O2 when I can't go. That might be selfish but there's nothing I can do about it. On 10/12 at the time of the concert - knowing they're on stage within 200miles of my house will be torture. I'm thinking I might just drown my sorrows.

Heh, great minds think alike. B)

From what i was told of the first P/P tour, they had set up a low range FM transmitter outside of the venue(in Pittsburgh, anyway) for the benefit of the people who could'nt get in, and broadcast the concert free of charge. Granted, you had to be within a stones throw of the arena to pick it up(didnt hear it, i was inside). It would be great if a similar situation could happen at O2...plus, it would be possible for those of us who would kill to hear/see the show to get a quick fix. Doubtful. Wishful thinking on my part i suppose.
It would be a cinch for a Zeppelin fan to do this. I built an FM transmitter once, from a mail order kit. It could have fit in a cigarette box. Just add a mic element and viola! The FCC just relaxed regulations about "community based" radio, so more powerful kits should be available stateside soon. Kinda like this

I'm not sure what good that does in England though..

Maid

I'm feeling the exact same way. I keep going into the O2 Forum and wanting to break something... all those people who are going... I'm so happy for them and I hope they have such a great time... yet at the same time, I kinda hate them...

:(:(:(:(:(

My boyfriend's coming down to London with me...I didn't want to go on my own really, but I was prepared to if it came to that. Anyway, I sheepishly asked him and he said yes without hesitation. :wub: He said he'd only worry about me if he didn't come.

Anyway, I feel bad though because he hasn't got a ticket, so god knows what he's gonna do on the Monday night while I'm livin' it up.

I bet he's gonna be well bored. :(

My boyfriend's coming down to London with me...I didn't want to go on my own really, but I was prepared to if it came to that. Anyway, I sheepishly asked him and he said yes without hesitation. :wub: He said he'd only worry about me if he didn't come.

Anyway, I feel bad though because he hasn't got a ticket, so god knows what he's gonna do on the Monday night while I'm livin' it up.

I bet he's gonna be well bored. :(

Wait, you have a ticket??

Archived