How likely is this?

Zeppity do-da

This died on it's arse didn't it.

I've now heard (read) rumours of people overhearing a soundcheck from the boys (minus Robert), but it's gonna be Saturday only.

Dave Grohl said on radio one that there are special guests for tomorrow.

I'm gonna cry.

I really need to read before I double post topics. :unsure:

But this would be cool if it happens, even if it's not all 3. But I can't fault Plant for not being there, since I'll be seeing him instead. B)

I WANT to see Grohl on drums. Where he belongs. I don't like his voice. I LOVE him on drums. My gawd he is powerful. Hell, give the guy his dream, and let him pound out a heavy Zeppelin tune. Oh yeah! If Jimmy would do that, that would be just sooo cool.

Man, I would love to see that! :rolleyes:

If the 3Js do appear for 3 songs, it will probably Grohl and Hawkins of the Foos both on drums with Jason (3 kits) to do some Zep songs (like they did with Brian May and Roger Taylor of Queen)...

My gut feeling is this:

Grohl and the Foos introduce the 3 Js (as some friends dropped by and wanted to play some songs with us) and do 3 Zep songs:

"Rock N Roll" (Grohl on vocals and rhythm gtr), "Heartbreaker" or "Kashmir" (Grohl on vocals and rhythm gtr again) and then "Whole Lotta Love" (where Grohl joins Taylor Hawkins and Jason on drums during the mid section (..."way down inside") where all three do drum solos and trade off licks, then they all finish the song together... just my thoughts (if they do appear this weekend)...

We'll see.... Anything can happen in an animated cartoon. :)

R B)

This died on it's arse didn't it.

I've now heard (read) rumours of people overhearing a soundcheck from the boys (minus Robert), but it's gonna be Saturday only.

Dave Grohl said on radio one that there are special guests for tomorrow.

I'm gonna cry.

Zeppity...I feel your pain brother.....and anquish, hmmmm, here's a thought. Pack a toothbrush,clean undies, and aspirin....find a nice dark corner and camp out :D

This was never laid to rest, anyone interested should read Steve A.s thread 'Studio Daze', it's been a hotbed of clues....I think we can reasonably believe as reported by Steve that Jason, JPJ, and Pagey have been in the studio. I also think, as reported by Mr. Zoso and confirmed by Nech, that at least Pagey will be playing at Wembly Saturday night. IF I had to GUESS, I'd say that if he's joined by any other fellow bandmates it will be JPJ only....just my guess.

This is almost like a scavenger hunt....typical approach - keep em guessing :rolleyes: If anyone cares to get in the hunt I think you could also search for posts by JPOL, I believe that he also mentioned the studio work...

Quick edit cuz sometimes the keys I hit don't actually transmit, HA!

When I opened the MSN homepage just a few minutes ago, there was a headline "Led Zeppelin to play with FooFighters..." that caught the corner of my eye - but I had already clicked on the search button for something else. When I went right back to the homepage, the headline was gone. Does that tell you anything?

When I opened the MSN homepage just a few minutes ago, there was a headline "Led Zeppelin to play with FooFighters..." that caught the corner of my eye - but I had already clicked on the search button for something else. When I went right back to the homepage, the headline was gone. Does that tell you anything?

Not really last year, Classic Rock Magazine said on their website that Led Zeppelin were playing the O2 on 20th November and it got taken down...

Robert Plant, in the sense of Led Zeppelin, is not replaceable. In fact, no member is.

So true. I do want to hear something though and Jimmy needs to get out and do it, somewhere, anywhere

I got asked last night to work on this gig but I'm touring with someone else so I can't make it :angry:

Oh well I'll just have to get drunk instead!

That sucks! Ah well, it was only the Daily Star who reported the Zeppelin thing and they said Zeppelin would be touring right now, its the British tabloids they are known to make stuff up.

But if they do turn up at this gig it shows that they could always tour without Robert or are considering a tour. Remember JPJ said "I'd like to work with Jimmy again."

Well there was the whole overhearing the soundcheck thing but couldnt it have been the Foos just playing a Zeppelin cover during the souncheck, bands do cover songs during soundchecks. Also, if they were soundchecking yesterday why didnt they play with the Foos last night? Also, Radio 1 were reporting so wouldnt somebody have said something?

The match with the Foo Fighters wouldnt be perfect, I love the Foos and I love Zep but not together, in the same way I love Pink Floyd and I love Bowie but Bowie singing Roger Waters' vocal part in Comfortably Numb with David Gilmour just doesnt work.

I hope though it is true as it shows that Jimmy is back to playing on a stage.

oh crap....this is the worst one by far....please say it isn't so...Foo Fighters...yacchk
That about says it all Peep Solero,the constant mentions of DG and anything Zeppelin have had their day.DG's just another fan..that's great.Until he (or his fans) actually get their wish of him performing near or with Led Zeppelin, give it a break!

"Jimmy Page is returning to the stage for his first live performance since the historic Led Zeppelin reunion concert of December 10th 2007. Jimmy has accepted an invitation to perform as one of the Foo Fighters 'Special Guests' at the Foo's Saturday night (June 7th 2008) gig at Wembley Stadium in London. The concert is to be held 'in the round, on a revolving stage near the centre of the pitch' of the 86,000+ capacity Stadium."

http://www.jimmypageonline.com/11349.html

This is not an official site, anyone know how reliable?

Touts were selling tickets outside for £20 last night. Not sure i can make it again but if you're in the area, take a chance brothers!

"Jimmy Page is returning to the stage for his first live performance since the historic Led Zeppelin reunion concert of December 10th 2007. Jimmy has accepted an invitation to perform as one of the Foo Fighters 'Special Guests' at the Foo's Saturday night (June 7th 2008) gig at Wembley Stadium in London. The concert is to be held 'in the round, on a revolving stage near the centre of the pitch' of the 86,000+ capacity Stadium."

http://www.jimmypageonline.com/11349.html

This is not an official site, anyone know how reliable?

Touts were selling tickets outside for £20 last night. Not sure i can make it again but if you're in the area, take a chance brothers!

Ya better lay yer money doooooowwwwwnnnnnnn! B)

Archived