Blow your head off!

I know what you mean Jethro, I feel ignored sometimes too. But when I stop to analyze it I don't take it personal because it seems the majority of posts are one-sided comments, know what I mean? It's mostly the flamers or the ones with really strong personalities (either way, good or bad) who get the most attention. It's that way with all Message Boards not just this one. And in life too, for sure. I'm the middle child of 5 so am comfortable (and usually prefer) being ignored. :D So where do you fit in the birth order? Only child? eldest? youngest? It might be tougher for you. But hang in there, I enjoy your posts.

I'm the youngest. Three older sisters.

Seen some loud stuff but it can also depend on the venue, some of the most ear buzzing shows have been overamplified ones in smaller venues.

One of the worst was Jack Bruce in a pub in the UK and we was going through a Grunge phase with his stuf and had a young grunge type guitarist. The show was crap but my ears buzzed for days.

Try Motorheard, Sabbath, Deep Purple, The Who and many more :blink:

Also depends on seat or standing position, too close to the speakers and its like having a fly inside your head for a few days bbbzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz :o

ac/dc: 1980-back in black at the keil opera house in st. louis. bonecrushing.

metallica: 1988-..justice tour at the keil auditorium in st. louis. pulverizing.

jimmy page w/the black crowes: 10/14/99 roseland ballroom in nyc. 3 guitars way in the red, playing zep riffs that peeled the skin. even louder than iggy pop.

Thanks. It's just something I've noticed and it bothers me. I think I tend to rub chat board users the wrong way. Either I come across as a know it all, people don't get my sense of humor or maybe it's my jethro tull name. I haven't been here a lot lately due to home computer issues and VERY busy at work and I've considered just bailing out. Let's ask Evster2012, he always ignores me.

What's all this? This forum is the best, by far - very active, and minimal bullying. It's a shame you don't see that...

I'm pretty young and havent seen too many great bands like Zeppelin or The Who.., but I will tell you Ted Nugent (however good or bad you may think his music is) is REALLY FUCKING LOUD. And he puts on a good show (I seen him ride a buffalo out onto stage and shoot flaming arrows)

I saw Pink Floyd touring Dark Side at Saratoga Perfoming Arts Center in 1973. They had a quad sound system and it was so loud it was painful. We had to leave the amphitheater and go outside to enjoy the music. SPAC is this indoor/outdoor venue so mercifully you had some place to go if you couldn't deal with the volume and acoustics.

This had to be the loudest show for me..............there's a boot of this gig called "Exploding in your Mind". My head would have exploded if I sat inside there for the whole gig.

Regards;

I'm pretty young and havent seen too many great bands like Zeppelin or The Who.., but I will tell you Ted Nugent (however good or bad you may think his music is) is REALLY FUCKING LOUD. And he puts on a good show (I seen him ride a buffalo out onto stage and shoot flaming arrows)

I saw him a few years ago on a bill with Kenny Wayne Shepherd and ZZ Top. Ted's old stuff sounded pretty good but the new material sucked. Being the egomaniac that he is, he also tried to play past his allotted stage time which began cutting into ZZ Top's set. Thankfully, they gave him the hook.

• 1 year later...

The 'Heavy Metal Kids' supporting AC/DC at the Brangwyn Hall,Swansea,Wales during,if I remember right '76.It was so loud,you almost couldn't hear it!It was just a constant swirling,swishing noise at God knows how many decibels.Horrendous.

In terms of a major arena or concert hall, probably Deep Purple on the "Burn" tour. I saw Zep in 1970 and they weren't even close volume wise. In fact, the level was quite comfortable. Aerosmith was loud, but sounded terrible. I've never seen Metallica, Motley Crue, G&R or any of the other 80's metal bands live, so I can't comment.

In any venue, though, it would have to be The Ramones. I saw them at a dinky little place in E Lansing, MI call Dooley's in 1977. They played solid with no let up for 1-1/2 hours and by the end the volume was deafening. Seriously, my ears didn't stop ringing for 3 days after. I considered going to a doctor because I thought I had permanent damage like Pete Townsend.

How's it going "danelectro59?" I hope all is well with you. Believe me when I tell you that I have seen hundreds and hundreds of loud concerts but the one that really comes to mind is AC/DC, the BACK IN BLACK Tour 1980 in L.A. I swear, I think that AC/DC popped and blew my ear drums especially since I was sitting near the front of the stage in the 8th Row on the floor. I guarantee you that your ear drums will never be the same again after sitting that close near the stage with high trebles of electric guitar riffs and solos blowing out of the many large speakers on the stage. WOW, what a sound! ROCK ON!

How loud it is and how good it sound's may depend on where your sitting in the arena (room). I've been to show's that sounded great in one spot but utterly awful in a spot across the way from where I was at! That's why I like to go to show's where I can move around and find the better places for sound quality.

Loudest show, was at a theater in Orlando, Florida in the late 1990's, a band called Firehouse was playing, I had just met a new friend and she hadn't seen them before so we (me, her and another couple I'd met down there) went to see if they where still rock'n. She and I had gone their to see a Rush Tribute band out of Clearwater the night before, I was impressed with the sound and the band so we decided to go see Firehouse the next night.

Big mistake! The place was packed to the gill's! And the sound system was so loud that there was an open spot for about 10 or 15 feet in front of the main speaker's where it was unbearable to stand. It was way to much for that room so I left as thing's where not going good with my date ether. I told my friend's the next day I had to leave unexpectedly and was sorry for not letting them know sooner, they where cool about it and I never did get back with the chick I had just met (that was a close one). I don't know, she was fine the first night but the next night it was a complete 360, I did have to catch a cab home as I had rode with them but I just had to get out of that totally messed up situation.

Archived