The Tea Party

statism

What happened to The Tea Party? They were a band which really had a cool vibe about them. I bought most of there albums but they don't seem to be around anymore. Anyone know what happened to them? I often wondered what they were like as people.

Tea Party broke up a few years ago.

Jeff Martin has a solo band also with a power trio format - a new album out soon.

Jeff Burrows is a rock DJ for a radio station, and has a new band project.

Stuart does music for video games I think.

Too bad. They were a great group :(

Jeff Burrows is a rock DJ for a radio station, and has a new band project.

I used to be a huge fan of The Tea Party, and have seen them many times over the years. I had no idea about Jeff Burrows being a DJ now. The new band project... is this the one he's starting with Edwin from I Mother Earth?

I often wondered what they were like as people.

I've met them quite a few times. At the time they were at the height of their popularity in Canada, so certain members may have had a bit of an attitude, but that's understandable. For the most part, they were very cool. Burrows especially is probably the most down to earth member.

I used to be a huge fan of The Tea Party, and have seen them many times over the years. I had no idea about Jeff Burrows being a DJ now. The new band project... is this the one he's starting with Edwin from I Mother Earth?

http://www.canadasrock.ca/bio.php?id=11

Yes, I believe he is working with the I Mother Earth guy.

Should be out soon.

Incidentally, wasn't there supposed to have been some sort of loose Page/Martin collaboration at some point, even if it was a loose studio jam?

I'm sure I read that somewhere, unless it was some sort of weird Zepcentric dream I had! :D

Incidentally, wasn't there supposed to have been some sort of loose Page/Martin collaboration at some point, even if it was a loose studio jam?

I'm sure I read that somewhere, unless it was some sort of weird Zepcentric dream I had! :D

What you're referring to is a story about Jeff Martin working on material that Page wrote with with Michael Lee, who was the drummer for Page & Plant. That was a few years ago and no word of this since.

What you're referring to is a story about Jeff Martin working on material that Page wrote with with Michael Lee, who was the drummer for Page & Plant. That was a few years ago and no word of this since.

That's it - thanks for assisting my addled old memory! :D

• 2 years later...

just in case anyone is interested, after a six and a half year "hiatus" after a falling out The Tea Party are reforming for a series of summer concerts in Canada, with tourdates posted on their website. Testing the water. If it works I hope we see more gigs and maybe an album, or potentially a DVD/CD release of live and rare material.

The Tea Party were an absolutely sensational live act in their early years from 1993-1997 and managed to do homage to their obvious influences (LZ) without appearing to be just another rip off band. Jeff Martin's solo work hasnt managed to capture the lofty heights of Splendor Solis or The Edges of Twilight: Two albums which contain many tracks that, (and I'll get flamed for this one), are up there with some of Zeppelin's best work.

JM's latest band 777 have made a really good album called The Ground Cries Out.

just in case anyone is interested, after a six and a half year "hiatus" after a falling out The Tea Party are reforming for a series of summer concerts in Canada, with tourdates posted on their website. Testing the water. If it works I hope we see more gigs and maybe an album, or potentially a DVD/CD release of live and rare material.

The Tea Party were an absolutely sensational live act in their early years from 1993-1997 and managed to do homage to their obvious influences (LZ) without appearing to be just another rip off band. Jeff Martin's solo work hasnt managed to capture the lofty heights of Splendor Solis or The Edges of Twilight: Two albums which contain many tracks that, (and I'll get flamed for this one), are up there with some of Zeppelin's best work.

JM's latest band 777 have made a really good album called The Ground Cries Out.

I saw the Tea Party once.

Edited by Silver Rider

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...