The Tea Party

statism

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Dear music friends, the music heavens are smiling upon us as The Tea Party is working on new music that seems to be reaching out to the next horizon - a few clips of studio work can be heard here:

http://instagram.com/stuartchatwood

It is their first album since 2004 and it clearly shows they have are taking off from where Led Zeppelin left us!!

The drumming on those drum clips would make Bonham grin

Edited by Charles J. White

• 2 months later...

I would give each album multiple listens, they are really good, but they never got the big support I feel because they were from Canada. Jimmy Page loves them to bits

yes once I've downloaded The Tea Party albums I'll give them a blast , may then check out the new stuff when it's released may even catch them live

Canada has produced some good bands , I remember seeing Blue Rodeo a couple of times back in 2005 good stuff

Though some The Tea Party fans may find them a little too layed back

http://www.bluerodeo.com/

Also, try and find the "Capital Sessions", it was before they signed a record deal with EMI and also their self titled debut album which is a real gem as well

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

don't get me wrong, they are my all time top rated band, or very equally tied with Zepp and the mars volta, but I've learned to manage my Jeff Martin hype a little bit. He promised the world with Exile and the kingdom, called it his biggest rock record, which it certainly wasn't. Similar things with the Armada album and then the ground cries out - which admittedly was a good album, though achy with no longevity. He has a tendency to embellish about how dark and heavy something is only for him to deliver something fairly soft and a little disappointing..

Theres an emerging trend to move towards ballad rock, which I think will be prevalent on this new album too.

For me what stood this band head and shoulders above all their contemporaries was their innovativeness in song structure and production. Tracks like Raven Skies, Certain Slant of Light, Walk With Me etc, just oozed originality and passion. Compared to Seven Circles, its chalk and cheese. Or chalk and shit perhaps.

Can they capture the essence of the band again? I sincerely hope so it would be absolutely amazing.

Am I looking forward to this? Shit yes!

However I'm going to manage my expectations till the finished product is in my ears

• 1 month later...

as all of you now I`m new to the Tea Party/ Jeff Martin music. but now I`ve been on youtube.com I`ve been hooked to the music in a big way. now I`m surfin` the net to find the albums to buy as many as I can. oh yes when on yoube.com I`d watch Jeff Martin and The Toronto Talba Ensemble what an absolutely mouth watering experience to the cosmopolitan music. I`ve been into world music for sometime now, with the likes of Ravi, Tinarwen, Tartit, Ali Forkla `n` many others. each musician as left me in absolute electrifying, emotional state of heighted hysterics. The Toronto Talba Ensemble where absolutely no difference to my state of experience within the mind and music...

well I`ve just ordered few of the tea party albums/Jeff Martin... cool stuff coming soon oooooooooooooooooooooooooooh I`m

so happppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppy. I`ve found this band I`d say they could have been the new ZEPPELIN. . . Hittin` The Note . . . Because Music Matters

As anyone heard Toronto Tabla Ensemble not the show with Jeff Martin, but there own music . . .

wow two of the bands cd`s I ordered arrived today. I`ve played Splendor Solis, now playin` Seven Circles all I can says is wooooooooooooooooow, what musicianship the albums spring to mind the first time I heard Zeppelins House Of The Holy/ ii what magical times of my life musical magical adventure. . .

Splendid solis and the edges of twilight are up there with zeppelin's best, in my opinion.

Seven circles was not a great album. At all. Filled with generic rock tracks and ballads with maybe one or two interesting tracks. They were trying to break the US market at the time, and it sounds like a completely different band to the one that started out.

Also check out jeff martins solo album "the ground cries out", it's much better than 7circles

thanks for the heads up, I`ve been lucky as I`ve gotten Splender Solis album it is a great album, also in my limited opinion it up there with zeppelin`s best. must be me but I do like seven circles album. I`ve check out the exile and the kingdom album. . . Jeff`s 2nd album, I`ve just ordered "the ground cries out" album with two other tea party albums too!. oh I`ve heard for the bands website that in 2015 the band are coming to the U.K `n` Europe. fingers crossed. my copy of the fab magazine tight but loose issue 37. . . some great reading to come.

I`ve also been playin` Rival Sons first three albums for a few weeks, I think its to do with the bands new album due out 9/6/14. . . I`ve gotten the new Black Stone Cherry album on the first listen its a equal album to the other three, but I`m still counting the 2nd/3rd as my personnel fav`s ... blame it on the boom boom. . . :bravo: oh I am playin` Plants mighty rearranger album that's a classic abum by Robert... :peace: I`ve been blowing of some of my classic vinyl bands Funkadelic , Ramones, Sly and the Family Stone , Quo, Trapeze, Jimi `n` Livng Colour.

ooooooooooh its freak , funk `n` roll . . .

Quote: sometime somewhere someone is smiling