The Tea Party

statism

Wow Charles, that's definitely a unique show! That's cool you got to meet Burrows for a short second. I could imagine how much pain Jeff would be in after blowing a vocal chord, yikes. No doubt they'll come back and play again for you guys! They possibly couldn't just leave and forget about that show...

On another note, I was just thinking how sick that would be if The Tea Party would open with the L.o.C and have it mixed in with the Song Remains the Same, like intersperse TSRTS in the L.o.C... Extend the 4 minute opener into a six or seven minute onslaught. I could picture inbetween the verses and choruses Jeff could put in some TSRTS inspired solos and the like. Just a thought that would be sweet to see...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fYc0_aNF_kI

I know the guy who taped this, this is where the gig came to an end the first time. Jeff had an extreme look of pain on his face, it was the first time I had ever heard him having such a problem. I think Chili will like the opening Middle East bit

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D9H1__BOC1w

Edited by Charles J. White

This guy has a ton of good stuff taped over the years, I think he as every Def Leppard gig that has been in Atlantic Canada. Jeff's voice started to break in the middle of this one, so he took a bit of break and asked the audience to jump on

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O7zSIQwWUsg

I was getting in the car the other day while talking to my uncle and I had my iPod plugged into the car so when I turned the car on, A Certain Slant of Light started playing while I was still talking to my uncle. We kinda paused talking for a second and I could tell that he was listening to the song. Right when Martin starts singing "as the colors fade away..." my uncle looks at me and goes "what Doors song is this? this sounds just like Jim Morrison!" I had to explain to him that this wasn't Jim and he was in shock. He absolutely loves them now and jumped on the ticket to go see them live.

Absolutely love this song. These guys are one of my favorite bands now. Thank you guys for encouraging me to listen to them!

Charles, you said you had an original copy of the Tea Party CD that the members themselves handed to you but it got stolen, correct? I've just been looking around for a digital copy of that and it took me a few days to find a good copy of it. Sounds amazing, cool to hear their stuff in such a lo-fi concept. Those CDs are rare and expensive on Ebay and Discogs! Highest CD on there went for $110!

http://www.discogs.com/Tea-Party-The-Tea-Party/release/2855948

Now on the hunt for a high res scan of the cover, best one I could find so far is crap.

14bb1eaaa94a142567b0a29be8d.jpg

Charles, you said you had an original copy of the Tea Party CD that the members themselves handed to you but it got stolen, correct? I've just been looking around for a digital copy of that and it took me a few days to find a good copy of it. Sounds amazing, cool to hear their stuff in such a lo-fi concept. Those CDs are rare and expensive on Ebay and Discogs! Highest CD on there went for $110!

http://www.discogs.com/Tea-Party-The-Tea-Party/release/2855948

Now on the hunt for a high res scan of the cover, best one I could find so far is crap.

14bb1eaaa94a142567b0a29be8d.jpg

That's the one I had, it had 3 autographs on the front of it. I bought it back around maybe 1992 at Sam The Record Man on Barrington St in Halifax they had just performed an in-store. I brought that CD to so many parties and introduced so many people to the band's music because of it. One day I came home from a business meeting back around 2009 in June and my house door had been destroyed. Besides high end stereo equipment and stuff like that, they took all of my music. I had a super rare Def Leppard EP from 1979 before they had signed a record deal that went missing with some autographed Anvil stuff and some autographed this and autographed that. That Tea Party indie CD went missing. I remember that night I sat in my basement and actually cried when I was alone because I knew I would never own those rare items again. It's one of those times that makes me angry and I rather not think about it. Spent so many fucking hours at record stores and gigs and waiting in the rain to get shit signed. The whole thing pisses me off because I really earned the right to have stuff in my collection, I wasn't some johnny come lately who listens to a band when they are popular and forgets about them the minute something else catches my attention. I tried to put it behind me, so thanks for reminding me...By the way the Original Tea Party indie album CD itself was red, and it was known to get scratched easily - you really had to baby it.

That's the one I had, it had 3 autographs on the front of it. I bought it back around maybe 1992 at Sam The Record Man on Barrington St in Halifax they had just performed an in-store. I brought that CD to so many parties and introduced so many people to the band's music because of it. One day I came home from a business meeting back around 2009 in June and my house door had been destroyed. Besides high end stereo equipment and stuff like that, they took all of my music. I had a super rare Def Leppard EP from 1979 before they had signed a record deal that went missing with some autographed Anvil stuff and some autographed this and autographed that. That Tea Party indie CD went missing. I remember that night I sat in my basement and actually cried when I was alone because I knew I would never own those rare items again. It's one of those times that makes me angry and I rather not think about it. Spent so many fucking hours at record stores and gigs and waiting in the rain to get shit signed. The whole thing pisses me off because I really earned the right to have stuff in my collection, I wasn't some johnny come lately who listens to a band when they are popular and forgets about them the minute something else catches my attention. I tried to put it behind me, so thanks for reminding me...By the way the Original Tea Party indie album CD itself was red, and it was known to get scratched easily - you really had to baby it.

I'm sorry for reminding you! I didn't realize that is was a bother to you or else I wouldn't have brought it up :unsure: I'll leave it at that and I'll not bring it up again, my apologies.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...