Jimmy plays Chopin

As my honor is at stake I should make clear that my Yngwie post was entirely sarcastic. :lol:

I've actually never heard McAlpine before, Styrbjörn.

Unleash the fury Otto, I know you've got all Yngwie's albums. :D

Tony is great, he's the only technical (I hate the term "shredder") player I like. He started off in the neo classical style (who didn't in the 80's?) but has now matured into a beautiful fusion of rock and jazz. His work with Planet X is sublime, check out the album "Moonbabies." :D

I'm more of a Kossoff/Page/Blackmore kind of guy, but if you want the technique with taste, T-MACS the man.

I have just found this on the you tube. Sorry if it's a re post, but I had to. Too sublime...

Oh Jimmy....

Royal Albert Hall 1983

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FjN_MNaPsyQ

thankyou amazonic! that was beautiful to my humble ears! why do people have to get all tangled up in technicalities all the time..............just enjoy it. it sounds lovely to me. :D

The B bender is connected to the guitar strap button on the guitar horn. You activate it by basically pulling down on the guitar the strap then pulls the mechanism attached to the strap button

http://www.inet-direct.com/dove/paulbender11.jpg

Thanks, DBJ - that clears things up for me.

Back to the discussion: I don't really see a conflict between the emotional and the technical sides of music. What has always impressed the hell out of me about Jimmy is that he's both an artist and a technician - in the sense that he can write and play a piece of music that will make you blubber like a sap AND he knows how to get that sound, his vision, on tape (or digital hard-drive if that's the case).

For myself, I always like to hear how musicians and/or producers were able to create something. Like when I heard "When the Levee Breaks" I wanted to know how Page got such a massive drum sound, and how he created that sliding, eerie collage of sounds at the end. It's a great thing - I miss that about music today. I enjoy a lot of current music, but I can't remember the last time I felt like, "wow! How did they do that?!"

thankyou amazonic! that was beautiful to my humble ears! why do people have to get all tangled up in technicalities all the time..............just enjoy it. it sounds lovely to me. :D

It sounds like poetry to me, but ya know, Slave...we are no experts..... ;)

They can keep and talk about all the technical details they want for days, months and years, I don't care. I will keep listening to it with my heart and soul and if that makes me feel good, well the rest is irrelevant.

It sounds like poetry to me, but ya know, Slave...we are no experts..... ;)

They can keep and talk about all the technical details they want for days, months and years, I don't care. I will keep listening to it with my heart and soul and if that makes me feel good, well the rest is irrelevant.

That´s what it is all about ! When I saw him in this video, it was like if he was caressing my heart and soul... I watched him in a speechless astonishment and I knew one thing : I love this man... :wub:

• 2 weeks later...
I have just found this on the you tube. Sorry if it's a re post, but I had to. Too sublime...

Oh Jimmy....

Royal Albert Hall 1983

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FjN_MNaPsyQ

Hi there Debs!! :) That's a nice vid....thanx for sharing. You know, I used to play piano when I was 6 and I didn't like Chopin very much.....I always preferred Listz, hehhehheheh :)....anyway, Jimmy plays to Chopin majestically :)

Robert, your aussie mate! :)

Hi there Debs!! :) That's a nice vid....thanx for sharing. You know, I used to play piano when I was 6 and I didn't like Chopin very much.....I always preferred Listz, hehhehheheh :)....anyway, Jimmy plays to Chopin majestically :)

Robert, your aussie mate! :)

Thanks, Rob. Oh yeah, Jimmy plays it DIVINELY in my opinion.. :)

You played piano? good stuff....

Archived