Foo Zeppelin

Rumpeller

Wont get "foo-led" again either i should well imagine

Although i thought rock and roll was pretty rockin, i think grohl did pretty good much heavier than Jason but the song suits 's style i guess

It's great to see Jimmy and JPJ play together. It shows they want to persue this further. I have a feeling it'll lead to more than the O2 and now this gig. And if they have been recording together hopefully they release some stuff in the next year or so.

That bit about Jimmy hanging on to his guitar conjures up hilarious images somehow--"get your bloody hands off it, no I'm not handing it over, gerroff :angry: " etc. :D

Agree. And I found this sentence amusing too:

Although singer Robert Plant was busy on solo duties in America, it was the first time members of the rock legends had united onstage since their legendary o2 Arena show.

Makes it sound like the o2 show was 20 or 30 years ago.

Personally, seeing this Foo-doo, I don't think Robert can give 2 craps about what Jimmy and JPJ are doing with their free time.

Robert is having great success with Ali, singing great, and enjoying himself.

2 SONGS with the Foo's doesn't mean his job is in jeopordy...nor will it tempt him to TOUR as Zeppelin again. If he does anything with Jimmy and the boys, it will be as he is inclined to - for good reasons.

Great seeing Jim and John on stage though - with anyone.

39.jpg

Good on ya, Jimmy & JPJ! :thumbsup: Keep the LZ sparkle ALIVE! For all of us...

Good sign indeed, things are moving in the right direction. We need them to keep playing and recording, with or without Robert!!

In this vid, Jimmy is moving like he did in 1972. :D

:D Oh yeah, a wonderful sight for our eyes!

The man is 64!!! and he's grooving like the good old days, he hasn't changed a bit.

Can't believe it. He 's so f.....g enjoying this again...

:D Oh yeah, a wonderful sight for our eyes!

The man is 64!!! and he's grooving like the good old days, he hasn't changed a bit.

Can't believe it. He 's so f.....g enjoying this again...

He is poetry in motion!! It really got my blood pumping to see the fun they were having!

Psyched out about the future!! Kingdoms fall, Civilizations crumble....the sun may refuse to shine, but there will always be Led Zeppelin! :D

Agreed. I suggest "Foo-led" as the bootleg title.

:hysterical: Perfect, can't wait for that boot!

Of course guys, we all know this wasn't a reunion, the press keeps saying Led Zeppelin was there, well we know that's ridiculous! But what we have is JP and JPJ jammin...and we all know Jason will jump on that ship the second it sails so....let's hope Robert feels it will be fun for him as a future project. I'm sure the new material that Jimmy's been working on will tempt him as he's made it known he doesn't want to go 'back'. New material, doing some old tunes with a new twist, may be enticing...I'm staying very positive about all of this...(of course I was positive I was going to win the O2 lottery also but alas...maybe my luck was holding out for something even better - closer to home would be great!!)

Peace!

Edited to note: That should be spelled Foo - Led with a capital L :D

Don't know what you are having a go at here, it was not a reunion period. Just JP & JPJ joining another group. P&P wasnt led zeppelin as far as I was concerned. 2 foos and 2 Zeps do not equal a Led Zeppelin

reunion.

whatever :blink:

I have to agree with you there ledded1. I think the UK article and some other pieces referred to their appearance as the first time Led Zeppelin reunited since the O2 show. I'm like :blink: . First, not all the members from the O2 show appeared (Robert & Jason). It was Jimmy & Jonesy. I wished they said members of LZ appeared with the Foo Fighters; it may seem like semantics but that did bother me a bit.

Thanks, Rover. In the undistorted audio of R&R, Jimmy and Jonesy are playing and sounding like they did in 1972. B)

In this vid, Jimmy is moving like he did in 1972. :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tD_mqZ3gAvY

P.M. & Wings . . .

"Who's that man moving 'cross the stage ? ? ?

It looks a lot like the one who's like Jimmy Page.....

A (timeless) relic from a different Age...."

The Best R&R vintage - 1975!

let's hope Robert feels it will be fun for him as a future project.

Deep in my heart I wish they could play again with Robert as Led Zeppelin, true. But at this stage I don't care as long as it's Jimmy and JPJ with whoever they think they can have good fun with and make us, the fans, enjoy it.

Robert has been doing this constantly since LZ disbanded. Jimmy hasn't. Now it's about time (never too late, they say..) for him to get out there and do what he is best at: creating music and playing guitar.

The action at the 02 Arena gig and last night's performance/jam with the Foos clearly show his determination, stamina, passion and enthusiasm. He even plays better than back in the 70's!! He has all these things going for him. Watching him playing last night after so many months past the December concert, makes you crave for more of him. It's his time now, more than Robert.

If he doesn't keep moving now, what's he going to do? wait for Robert until 2009-2010,hahhahha.

Carpe diem...Enjoy the moment and live it.. ;)

Jimmy and Jonesy are ready to blow out and to be honest, time is running out. For they're own sakes, they have to do something concrete and what ever that is, I'll accept

Saw some YouTube snippets and while it was awesome to see/HEAR JP & JPJ, listening to Grohl do Zep makes me appreciate Led Zeppelin all the more. Great energy, but he's all teeth and hair and screaming. (Though on a side note, he just pretty much lived out every fan's dream - lucky bastard).

But hopefully these appearances and whispers of future gigs prove true. That was actually my first thought when the EM site went down and an official one from Warner came up - why have one if all we'll have are discussions of what has already been? But maybe I'm reading too much into it...time will tell...

maybe they should've changed the key for him as well

JPJ used his bass from the 02 which was specifically designed by Hugh Manson to accomodate Robert's diminished vocal range (one step down) as opposed to

Diamanda Grohl's diabolical shreiking.

I am all for anything that gets Page to publicly play the guitar again. Brilliant.

Didn't see anyone mention this but aside from Ross Halfin and other photogs visible in the YouTube vids, the show was also pro-video recorded. I wonder if it's for a Foos DVD release???

Saw some YouTube snippets and while it was awesome to see/HEAR JP & JPJ, listening to Grohl do Zep makes me appreciate Led Zeppelin all the more. Great energy, but he's all teeth and hair and screaming. (Though on a side note, he just pretty much lived out every fan's dream - lucky bastard).

But hopefully these appearances and whispers of future gigs prove true. That was actually my first thought when the EM site went down and an official one from Warner came up - why have one if all we'll have are discussions of what has already been? But maybe I'm reading too much into it...time will tell...

Oh so now I understand what is this tinge of hate I have towards DG, lol it's jealousy!

Indeed what a lucky mother f_cker 

Archived