Foo Zeppelin

Rumpeller

Ever hear of a band called Nirvana? :lol:

I too disagree with calling it Led Zeppelin. It's not Zeppelin without Robert Plant, and some would argue it's not Led Zeppelin without John Bonham, but as Jason is a legacy can accept that much. Page and Plant were only half of Zeppelin and guess what they called it? Page and Plant.

And I understand Ross' dark English humour. He can also be a first rate dick at times, though. Personal experience of my own from the times we met, and also the opinion of several very close friends of mine including the former president of the Def Leppard fan club.

Anyway, Pagey and Jonesy playing out. Fantastic! :beer:

That's a nice way of putting it. But we won't go there......:)

Nice pics in his diary! Jimmy and Jonesy look great!!!!

JPJ is surprisingly pumped here for someone who is always talking about how he doesn't relish the rock star life. He looks like he's shouting "whooo!".

foofighters-colour263.jpg

"John says he wished they'd done more, they were just getting going."

I love JPJ's expression here. Worth it just to see that. :rolleyes:B)

Its so good to see them up there enjoying themselves and like everyone else I want to see more of them, if guesting in the short term is possible then let them do it but wouldn't want them to be seen as just guests of other bands too often, unless I am at the shows of course. :D

But anything that gets Jimmy on stage is fine by me as we wait for something bigger for us all in whatever shape it comes in.

The only time I wish I were at a FF show. Judging by the crowds reaction to them playing isn't it great that people will have gone home/school/work saying they saw Jimmy page and John Paul Jones from LED ZEPPELIN live. B) Excellent :)

I just need to say...I love Jimmy's 'mullet'...however, it' NOT a mullet, he's growing back his rock and roll shag...and might I add it looks very fine in Silver...

Um....I'm a stylist should Jimmy like one for any 'future engagements' :whistling:

Also an energy worker, tarot card reader, yoga instructor and masseuse (amongst other things) :hippy:

Resume provided upon request :hysterical:

OK, back to the pool, it's too frikking hot here today! Inhumanely so!

I love JPJ's expression here. Worth it just to see that. :rolleyes:B)

Its so good to see them up there enjoying themselves and like everyone else I want to see more of them, if guesting in the short term is possible then let them do it but wouldn't want them to be seen as just guests of other bands too often, unless I am at the shows of course. :D

But anything that gets Jimmy on stage is fine by me as we wait for something bigger for us all in whatever shape it comes in.

The only time I wish I were at a FF show. Judging by the crowds reaction to them playing isn't it great that people will have gone home/school/work saying they saw Jimmy page and John Paul Jones from LED ZEPPELIN live. B) Excellent :)

That photo says it all.....great post!! Luv it!! ZippityDooDaZippityDay!!

How about this pic of Grohl sneakily flipping off Halfin?! :lol:

foofighters-colour269.jpg

Classic! :lol:

Edited to add: In all of the vids and photos I've seen, Grohl looks elated - as if that concert with Jimmy and Jonesy was one of the best nights in his life - many of us here know that feeling. :)

What I love about these pics of Jimmy is they're just like the O2--he starts the night looking like a super-cool rock'n' roll gunslinger, and ends up with his hair all over the place looking like the absent-minded professor, having obviously had a wonderful time. :D

Jonesy on the other hand looks much more animated than at the O2.

What I love about these pics of Jimmy is they're just like the O2--he starts the night looking like a super-cool rock'n' roll gunslinger, and ends up with his hair all over the place looking like the absent-minded professor, having obviously had a wonderful time. :D

Sorry! :lol:

000264_11.jpg

This might make you feel even better than great. :D

JPbowJune08.jpg

I pray that it all hasn't been for naught.

Oh man thanks! It does make me feel better than great :D

He definitely is enjoying playing live - I think we will see more (and really hope :lol: )

Whatever you think of Ross Halfin, there's no doubt he takes wonderful photos! :)

I love the quote from Robert on Ross' site. something about "how can such a nasty piece of work take such good pictures" or words to that efffect :lol:

Great photos indeed. I think it's great to see JP especially back on stage. Looks like he's got a renewed confidence and energy.

I love the quote from Robert on Ross' site. something about "how can such a nasty piece of work take such good pictures" or words to that efffect :lol:

Great photos indeed. I think it's great to see JP especially back on stage. Looks like he's got a renewed confidence and energy.

IF you had decent equipment and were onstage or right at the foot of the stage you could take great photos to.Most phtographers I know take tons of shots and you only see the good ones.It is all about access.Also a lot of practice.

IF you had decent equipment and were onstage or right at the foot of the stage you could take great photos to.Most phtographers I know take tons of shots and you only see the good ones.It is all about access.Also a lot of practice.

Ross actually criticised that in-the-round stage for Foo Fighters at Wembley Stadium. He said he could see nothing from ground level and felt whomever designed it did so without any concern for the fans up front. He resorted to using a video crew ramp.

This might make you feel even better than great. :D

JPbowJune08.jpg

I pray that it all hasn't been for naught.

This picture makes me so happy! :D

Many thanks Mad (oh, and Halfin, too, of course...)

The great thing about that quote is, it works both ways, depending on POV. No love lost between them, it seems.

.Most phtographers I know take tons of shots and you only see the good ones.It is all about access.Also a lot of practice.

I cannot agree more. My bassist of 20 years has travelled the world photographing the Olympic Gymnastics teams. He's an amazing photog, but it's all about the moment. You take 5000 shots and hope for 5 or 10 winners. Memory cards or film canisters a blazin'. But in the end, it only takes 1. The money shot. :beer:

Archived