Foo Zeppelin

Rumpeller

JPJ is surprisingly pumped here for someone who is always talking about how he doesn't relish the rock star life. He looks like he's shouting "whooo!".

foofighters-colour263.jpg

"John says he wished they'd done more, they were just getting going."

I love it!! They look so freakin happy!! bluebiggrin.gif

Amazing!! Would have killed to have been there.... O_O I love the Foo Fighters, and they are great to see live, just wish they'd done this at the concert I went to....

Now we need them to do a couple songs live with Danny Carey and MJK of Tool, "Tool - Zep" would be vastly superior to "Foo - Zep", I think

"Led Zeppelin and the Foos it is" says Ross.

HALF of Zeppelin, twit.

Sorry, folks, he irritates me. :ph34r:

Agree

Did I say I wasn't happy for them? Or that I wouldn't have loved to be there? :rolleyes:

RH calling JP and JPJ Led Zeppelin was what I wasn't happy about--not pedantry, just accuracy. No biggie. (He just irritates me. 'Twas ever thus.)

Agree

Ever hear of a band called Nirvana? :lol:

I too disagree with calling it Led Zeppelin. It's not Zeppelin without Robert Plant, and some would argue it's not Led Zeppelin without John Bonham, but as Jason is a legacy can accept that much. Page and Plant were only half of Zeppelin and guess what they called it? Page and Plant.

And I understand Ross' dark English humour. He can also be a first rate dick at times, though. Personal experience of my own from the times we met, and also the opinion of several very close friends of mine including the former president of the Def Leppard fan club.

Anyway, Pagey and Jonesy playing out. Fantastic! :beer:

Agree

The media has gone a bit overboard with calling this "Led Zeppelin". I am not sure why they cannot print "Members" of Led Zeppelin instead. Small rant.

Agree....Wow a lot of agreement here. We need to find something to fight about to get back to normal. :P

Well, I'm not too bothered that I missed this, not particularly interested in the FF, but nice to know Jimmy and JPJ have had another opportunity to play together again. I'm quite sure neither of them had the idea of annoying Robert - this was a consolation prize to Dave Grohl in lieu of not getting the O2 gig.

I am right in thinking this is the first time either of them have played Wembley Stadium?

If so, about bloody time!

I cannot agree more. My bassist of 20 years has travelled the world photographing the Olympic Gymnastics teams. He's an amazing photog, but it's all about the moment. You take 5000 shots and hope for 5 or 10 winners. Memory cards or film canisters a blazin'. But in the end, it only takes 1. The money shot. :beer:

Gymnastics and money shots huh? Sounds like a good gig.

I cannot agree more. My bassist of 20 years has travelled the world photographing the Olympic Gymnastics teams. He's an amazing photog, but it's all about the moment. You take 5000 shots and hope for 5 or 10 winners. Memory cards or film canisters a blazin'. But in the end, it only takes 1. The money shot. :beer:

Thats true, here's one of my fave Strange Sensations pics I took at the Kentish Town forum in 2005

W78.jpg

It just captures the fun and closeness they were having on stage.

JPJ used his bass from the 02 which was specifically designed by Hugh Manson to accomodate Robert's diminished vocal range (one step down) as opposed to

Diamanda Grohl's diabolical shreiking.

Bwahahaha!

Actually I saw her in concert with JPJ in '93/'94(?), and aside from the two whistles in the mic (or was it two microphones and a whistle?), it was a great show. My ears still ring every now and then, mind, but glad to have gone to it.

That said, yeah, Grohl seems to go for hyper-wired overkill, though I think Diamanda would take him down in a sing-a-thon to the death. But that just might deprive her of the pleasure of eating him alive

Those Manson brothers are wickedly talented. Your comment about JPJ's bass reminded me of Page's Gibson, that transperformance one with the digital tuning system. Comes in handy when you've got to compensate for vocals, and it makes for a more seamless performance, I suppose...

Not to be outdone, here is Andy's incredible talent. Went more for the aesthetic, rather than practical route. Still, it's amazing!

Mermaid

Very true Otto, good to see our two elder statesmen of rock picking up their planks and spanking them.

However...

... I have information from a fictitious source close to Plant that this event has indeed spurred him into action. Next month he will enter the studio to work on a collaboration with Celine Dion for an album of Devo covers to be performed in the style of a Tuvan throat singer. The album will be called "I've Completely Run Out Of Ideas: The Devo Years" and a six month run of shows in Las Vegas will be announced as soon as he's been fitted for a tuxedo.

Bah, who needs Steve A Jones and Knebby when you've got me to give you the all important scoops.

Well that's unique, even if over the top. But that's not true. Robert would prefer to give a second life to a particular artists' career whom he helped make famous during the early nineties, but after a while the novelty wore off. That's why Robert has decided to collaborate and record a duets album with Tortelvis.

Can't wait for this one!

JPJ is surprisingly pumped here for someone who is always talking about how he doesn't relish the rock star life. He looks like he's shouting "whooo!".

foofighters-colour263.jpg

"John says he wished they'd done more, they were just getting going."

My husband loved this photo! I told him that Jimmy and Jonesy had played two encores at Wembley with the Foo Fighters (who he does like) and mentioned this photo. He has a large, high resolution screen so I emailed the photo to him so I could view it there. Before I could get to his desk, he emailed back: "That photo is GREAT!" He doesn't get excited about Zep or Zep-related activities and he's not in the habit of talking about them either. In fact, other than the night we met when we did talk about Zep, it's something that we've rarely discussed. We buy Zep music and play Zep music but it's very rare that Zep and the Zep guys' activities have ever been a topic of conversation between us. But, after viewing this photo and some of the YouTube clips, he was really energized. So much so that, when we were out this evening, he was still talking about it.

I'm thrilled to see the boy's back on stage and enjoying themselves again but i'm even more thrilled for Grohl. DG is so refreshingly honest for a "rock star" and he is also one of the planets biggest Zep fans. Everybody wishes for dreams to come true and that is exactly what happened to Dave.

Good for you, DG.

I'm thrilled to see the boy's back on stage and enjoying themselves again but i'm even more thrilled for Grohl. DG is so refreshingly honest for a "rock star" and he is also one of the planets biggest Zep fans. Everybody wishes for dreams to come true and that is exactly what happened to Dave.

Good for you, DG.

Well put. :)

And I understand Ross' dark English humour. He can also be a first rate dick at times, though. Personal experience of my own from the times we met, and also the opinion of several very close friends of mine including the former president of the Def Leppard fan club.

:D :D Brilliant! "The former president of the Def Leppard fan club". That's funny. Does he have that written on his passport?

Very true Otto, good to see our two elder statesmen of rock picking up their planks and spanking them.

However...

... I have information from a fictitious source close to Plant that this event has indeed spurred him into action. Next month he will enter the studio to work on a collaboration with Celine Dion for an album of Devo covers to be performed in the style of a Tuvan throat singer. The album will be called "I've Completely Run Out Of Ideas: The Devo Years" and a six month run of shows in Las Vegas will be announced as soon as he's been fitted for a tuxedo.

Bah, who needs Steve A Jones and Knebby when you've got me to give you the all important scoops.

I had a dream, crazy dream.....

...and in it you could actually rely on Knebby AND Steve - and even others! :o

Like you didn't have to choose between them and totally dismiss one or the other! :o

Hey, is Robert out of his fucking mind? :o

:beer:

Now we need them to do a couple songs live with Danny Carey and MJK of Tool, "Tool - Zep" would be vastly superior to "Foo - Zep", I think

:o I can barely think about it without wanting to jump up and down! Now THAT would be totally amazing :P

Saw some YouTube snippets and while it was awesome to see/HEAR JP & JPJ, listening to Grohl do Zep makes me appreciate Led Zeppelin all the more. Great energy, but he's all teeth and hair and screaming. (Though on a side note, he just pretty much lived out every fan's dream - lucky bastard).

But hopefully these appearances and whispers of future gigs prove true. That was actually my first thought when the EM site went down and an official one from Warner came up - why have one if all we'll have are discussions of what has already been? But maybe I'm reading too much into it...time will tell...

I'm so thrilled for DG, that he got to play with JP and JPJ. He is one of his generation's greats.

Great that JP and JPJ are out performing. While Robert is touring and keeping his vocal chords in shape, it's good that Jimmy and John Paul get a chance at staying in performance shape. In time for what I'm sooo hoping for. Well, it's not a crime to wish. :)

Archived