Page says Zeppelin will reform again

I read this this morning in the Telegraph UK after there performance with The Foo Fighters.

In an interview after that concert, Page said the band were ready to reunite and perform more live events.

But he said that fans could have to wait until Autumn 2009 as band members had to tie up individual

projects first.

allbettsareoff

here's the article:

Led Zeppelin guitarist Jimmy Page joins Foo Fighters onstage at Wembley

By Aislinn Simpson

Led Zeppelin guitarist Jimmy Page joined Foo Fighters onstage at Wembley Stadium this weekend - adding fuel to rumours that the veteran rockers may launch a world tour.

Foo Fighters frontman Dave Grohl - formerly the drummer with Nirvana - told the 86,000-strong audience on Saturday that he had something special planned, saying: "Tonight this will be the show we are talking about for the next 20 years."

Page and bassist John Paul Jones then appeared to perform two of their most celebrated songs: Rock and Roll and Ramble On.

An emotional Grohl told the crowd after the impromptu appearance: "Welcome to the greatest day of my whole entire life."

It was the first time Led Zeppelin had appeared onstage since their hugely successful reunion concert in front of 22,000 fans at London's O2 centre in December.

In an interview after that concert, Page said the band were ready to reunite and perform more live events.

But he said that fans could have to wait until Autumn 2009 as band members had to tie up individual projects first.

link

The thread title "Page says Zeppelin will reform again" is sensationalist and misleading.

I guess if the info does not come from you it's misleading? It is a direct quote from Jimmy Page to The telegraph UK I was not saying it was fact just that it was a qoute from Jimmy Page. Believe what you want. I am not hear to argue just giving and getting info on Led Zeppelin take all the info for what it is. Some of you people have way too much time on your hands you think you are the experts on all subjects Led Zeppelin. I was posting this for your benefit I have seen Led Zeppelin twice in 77 toured with John Paul Jones and was at the O2 last year so I really don't care if they reform or not. I will keep any info I get to myself from now on. I will let all you experts out there debate this until your blue in the face no skin off my nose.

allbettsareoff

The thread title "Page says Zeppelin will reform again" is sensationalist and misleading.

It is a direct quote from Jimmy Page to The telegraph UK

No, it is not a direct quote; he did not say they will reform again. You provided your interpretation of what he said. He reportedly said they were "ready to reunite", not that they will.

No, it is not a direct quote; he did not say they will reform again. You provided your interpretation of what he said. He reportedly said they were "ready to reunite", not that they will.

Take it however you want like I said was just trying to post some info for you. This is my last post on this site too many people here that are full of shit.

allbettsareoff

Take it however you want like I said was just trying to post some info for you. This is my last post on this site too many people here that are full of shit.

allbettsareoff

Don't make it your last post. We all get flamedon here once in a while :D

Keep it real people. If Obama makes it the White House, Some fucking idiot will put a bullit in his head! :ph34r:

Let us all hope that Zep will tour again! B)

I hope not. i like to think america is better than that.

anyways, is it right to call a redneck an idiot. Thats like calling a bum poor.

I hope not. i like to think america is better than that.

anyways, is it right to call a redneck an idiot. Thats like calling a bum poor.

So would I. But America isn't the great country it used to be! -_-

here's the article:

Led Zeppelin guitarist Jimmy Page joins Foo Fighters onstage at Wembley

By Aislinn Simpson

Led Zeppelin guitarist Jimmy Page joined Foo Fighters onstage at Wembley Stadium this weekend - adding fuel to rumours that the veteran rockers may launch a world tour.

Foo Fighters frontman Dave Grohl - formerly the drummer with Nirvana - told the 86,000-strong audience on Saturday that he had something special planned, saying: "Tonight this will be the show we are talking about for the next 20 years."

Page and bassist John Paul Jones then appeared to perform two of their most celebrated songs: Rock and Roll and Ramble On.

An emotional Grohl told the crowd after the impromptu appearance: "Welcome to the greatest day of my whole entire life."

It was the first time Led Zeppelin had appeared onstage since their hugely successful reunion concert in front of 22,000 fans at London's O2 centre in December.

But he said that fans could have to wait until Autumn 2009 as band members had to tie up individual projects first.

link

they have to wait untill coverdale finishes his current tour (hic)

I guess if the info does not come from you it's misleading? It is a direct quote from Jimmy Page to The telegraph UK I was not saying it was fact just that it was a qoute from Jimmy Page. Believe what you want. I am not hear to argue just giving and getting info on Led Zeppelin take all the info for what it is. Some of you people have way too much time on your hands you think you are the experts on all subjects Led Zeppelin. I was posting this for your benefit I have seen Led Zeppelin twice in 77 toured with John Paul Jones and was at the O2 last year so I really don't care if they reform or not. I will keep any info I get to myself from now on. I will let all you experts out there debate this until your blue in the face no skin off my nose.

allbettsareoff

Al, the only problem is there is no direct quote from Jimmy Page that Led Zeppelin will reform again, just as he never said they were ready to tour the world when he was in Japan. None. Zip. Nada.

here's the article:

link

Thanks for this, Beatbo! I WANT TO BELIEVE... :)

Archived