Page says Zeppelin will reform again

Here we go- more rumors from something the night-crew janitor overheard Jimmy mumble backstage while he was taking a piss.

:mad:

So what?! We all thrive on speculation or we wouldn't be here. And if I recall correctly...the last 'rumor' that was beaten to death with sticks and you wouldn't believe even after YouTube footage was posted....turned out to be substantiated.

So...yeah, let's go! I'm ready!! WooHoooo!! JP and JPJ were obviously in top form last night! Been a long time since they rock and rolled...December. The boys are Tight but Loose...and we fans are going to be rewarded for our patience....I propose we expend our energy hoping for the best and not pitching the worst....deal?! :hippy:

BTW, welcome AllBets...yer company is a pleasure!

Al, the only problem is there is no direct quote from Jimmy Page that Led Zeppelin will reform again, just as he never said they were ready to tour the world when he was in Japan. None. Zip. Nada.

Really? This says there was an interview after the concert:

"In an interview after that concert, Page said the band were ready to reunite and perform more live events."

There's no need for a direct quote if an interviewer is paraphrasing a larger issue after the interview is complete.

Really? This says there was an interview after the concert:

"In an interview after that concert, Page said the band were ready to reunite and perform more live events."

There's no need for a direct quote if an interviewer is paraphrasing a larger issue after the interview is complete.

The point of contention is not if an interview was conducted, rather what Jimmy said during the interview. There is a need for a direct quote when the person whom started this thread justified "Page Says Led Zeppelin will Reform Again" by attributing it to a direct quote. I didn't tolerate misrepresentation from the Japanese media and I won't tolerate it here either, particularly when the thread starter admonishes me via PM to

get my facts straight. If he has any integrity his next PM will be an apology.

The point of contention is not if an interview was conducted, rather what Jimmy said during the interview. There is a need for a direct quote when the person whom started this thread justified "Page Says Led Zeppelin will Reform Again" by attributing it to a direct quote.

There certainly is a difference in the level of intent to act between someone saying they are ready to reunite, and saying they will.

They may be ready but never actually do it. Jimmy Page reportedly stated they were "ready to reunite".

If they say they will, you can expect them to do so. Jimmy Page was not reported as saying they will.

The point of contention is not if an interview was conducted, rather what Jimmy said during the interview. There is a need for a direct quote when the person whom started this thread justified "Page Says Led Zeppelin will Reform Again" by attributing it to a direct quote. I didn't tolerate misrepresentation from the Japanese media and I won't tolerate it here either, particularly when the thread starter admonishes me via PM to

get my facts straight. If he has any integrity his next PM will be an apology.

You do know this is a led Zeppelin fansite and not a legal proceeding, yeah?

You do know for this reason I will uphold the truth about what Jimmy Page said.

... and we I humbly thank you for helping us to understand what is truth in regards to Zep.

~~~~~~~~~~~

It's unfortunate that folks can't edit thread titles... "Page says Zeppelin Ready to Reunite Again" would've been more accurate. Instead, it's a bit not-quite-right, but IMO no more sensationalistic than many other threads that have been started regarding some aspect of Zep reuniting/not reuniting/etc. etc. etc. Hopefully Steve will eventually be able to set each one of those right as he did this one. It takes a true and dedicated fan to take on such a task.

~~~~~~~~~~

My thanks to all who contributed... including the threadstarter.

It's all about interpretation.

Ready

adjective:

In a state of preparedness

Disposed to accept or agree

verb:

To prepare (oneself) for action

To cause to be ready, as for use, consumption, or a special purpose

Will

noun:

The mental faculty by which one deliberately chooses or decides

A desire for a particular thing or activity

verb:

To have the desire or inclination

Hasn't stopped the media though.

http://undercover.com.au/News-Story.aspx?id=5161

It's all about interpretation.

Sorry, I don't believe it is and in this case, the context -- a Led Zeppelin reunion --

demands accuracy in reporting. For Jimmy to have said "Led Zeppelin will reform again"

infers consensus amongst the three (Page, Plant, Jones) to do so has been reached.

False! Frankly, there is no direct quote to support Jimmy said "Led Zeppelin ready to reform again" either.

Thanks for the Info Beatbo. As others have made reference to, some people take things far too seriously on here and its driving a lot how can I put it, more casual fans away. I'm not saying I don't appreciate the info and sometimes encyclopaedic knowledge of some on here, I've learned much but sometimes it degenerates into nothing more than a pissing contest IMHO :beer:

There is only an unconfirmed report that he said "ready to reunite".

OK, no one here has reading comprehension.

The review is talking about what Page said after the MF'ing O2 concert in December.

Read:

"It was the first time Led Zeppelin had appeared onstage since their hugely successful reunion concert in front of 22,000 fans at London's O2 centre in December.

"In an interview after that concert (meaning the O2 show), Page said the band were ready to reunite and perform more live events."

THERE IS NO NEW INFORMATION HERE! PLEASE NUKE THIS THREAD IN ITS ENTIRETY! WE ARE ALL MORONS FOR NOT READING CLOSELY ENOUGH. ENOUGH SAID.

And for the record, that IS what Page said after the O2 show -- that they were READY to reunite musically, not that any decisions had been made. But it couldn't happen until after other projects are finished.

OK, no one here has reading comprehension.

The review is talking about what Page said after the MF'ing O2 concert in December.

THERE IS NO NEW INFORMATION HERE! PLEASE NUKE THIS THREAD IN ITS ENTIRETY! WE ARE ALL MORONS FOR NOT READING CLOSELY ENOUGH. ENOUGH SAID.

You don't have to call us names but you're correct about the wording of this story. The Telegraph is misleading, but upon second read, there's no mention of an interview after the Foo show. It's all hype anyway.

Nice pic of Jimmy, though.

PS_ I won't believe ANY of this until it passes from Jimmy's lips to my eyes via this OFFICIAL Led Zeppelin site. B)

You don't have to call us names but you're correct about the wording of this story. The Telegraph is misleading, but upon second read, there's no mention of an interview after the Foo show. It's all hype anyway.

Nice pic of Jimmy, though.

PS_ I won't believe ANY of this until it passes from Jimmy's lips to my eyes via this OFFICIAL Led Zeppelin site. B)

I did lump myself in with that, too. :) I gave the thread an initial quick-read while at work, which is no excuse.

You don't have to call us names

He said "WE", including himself, for not scrutinizing the original quote more closely. He was saying a collective "Doh!" for the group. I know Solar. He doesn't call names when he is actually frustrated with someone. ;)

Anyone think Allbets will be coming back?

Anyone sure exactly who Jimmy meant by "the band"?

Once an orchid drops its petals, will more grow back?

I read this this morning in the Telegraph UK after there performance with The Foo Fighters.

In an interview after that concert, Page said the band were ready to reunite and perform more live events.

But he said that fans could have to wait until Autumn 2009 as band members had to tie up individual

projects first.

allbettsareoff

New%20Cowboys%20Stadium%20II.jpg

The Gigantic new Dallas Cowboys Football Stadium, with the rectractable roof, will be open by the Fall of 2009.

Seats 80,000 to 100,000 -- for special events.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dallas_Cowboys_New_Stadium

The wording is different in this story.

"Led Zep guitar legend Jimmy Page has confirmed that there will be more Zeppelin shows."

"Speaking to the Telegraph after the Foo Fighters Wembley gig on the weekend, Page said that the band is ready to reunite and perform more live events."

What did Jimmy Page actually say, in his own words? The search for a direct quote continues.

"In an interview after that concert (meaning the O2 show), Page said the band were ready to reunite and perform more live events."

Reportedly that is what he said, but there is no direct quote from Jimmy Page as of yet. I wonder if the remarks that he is said to have made can be found anywhere on youtube. I searched but all I could find was somebody else talking about what somebody else said they thought Jimmy Page said. I did find a recent interview with him talking about his injured finger though.

Poor journalism on the part of the Daily Telegraph, that's all. Thanks solar for pointing that out. :beer:

It's nothing the Telegram reporter did wrong, it was just poor editing. It wasn't made clear that those were Page's thoughts after the O2 concert (about being musically ready to tour - I want to say it was from the post-concert Guitar World article, but I don't have it handy...possibly even from the Rolling Stone interview).

And this story took that story as its basis, making the same mistake many of us made, and compounding the confusion!

The wording is different in this story.

"Led Zep guitar legend Jimmy Page has confirmed that there will be more Zeppelin shows."

"Speaking to the Telegraph after the Foo Fighters Wembley gig on the weekend, Page said that the band is ready to reunite and perform more live events."

Archived