Page says Zeppelin will reform again

It's nothing the Telegram reporter did wrong, it was just poor editing. It wasn't made clear that those were Page's thoughts after the O2 concert (about being musically ready to tour - I want to say it was from the post-concert Guitar World article, but I don't have it handy...possibly even from the Rolling Stone interview).

:huh: I simply meant to thank you for pointing out something that was genuinely useful in the context of this thread. I didn't speculate at all about what exactly the journalist wrote, or how it was edited.

The sum of the articles published in a paper constitute its journalism, that readers such as ourselves then judge as good or bad; and the paper and its editors are responsible for all articles they publish.

I think that makes it clear why I just said:

'Poor journalism on the part of the Daily Telegraph, that's all. Thanks solar for pointing that out.'

I shall refrain from thanking you in the future as you obviously don't appreciate it and then use it as an opportunity to dissolve what I say in ridiculous pedantry. <_<

While I'm here I might as well point out that in all likelihood Jimmy never said anything about the autumn of 2009. In December of last year, however, he may have said somewhere that things would get clearer 'in the autumn of next year', i.e. of 2008. That's what he has been saying in interviews, and that's when Robert's tour with Alison ends. B)

:huh: I simply meant to thank you for pointing out something that was genuinely useful in the context of this thread. I didn't speculate at all about what exactly the journalist wrote, or how it was edited.

The sum of the articles published in a paper constitute its journalism, that readers such as ourselves then judge as good or bad; and the paper and its editors are responsible for all articles they publish.

I think that makes it clear why I just said:

'Poor journalism on the part of the Daily Telegraph, that's all. Thanks solar for pointing that out.'

I shall refrain from thanking you in the future as you obviously don't appreciate it and then use it as an opportunity to dissolve what I say in ridiculous pedantry. <_<

Don't take it the wrong way, I'm just a tad sensitive to blaming the journalism side -- news gathering and judgement -- versus the editing side. ;) Nothing personal toward you at all, Otto!

Don't take it the wrong way, I'm just a tad sensitive to blaming the journalism side -- news gathering and judgement -- versus the editing side. ;) Nothing personal toward you at all, Otto!

It didn't read like a personal thing anyway Solar - just a clarification of your thoughts.

Solar, the reason why it looked strange to me was that I posted to make one point only, and that was to thank you. You were responding directly to that post, but didn't acknowledge the thanks and instead made that point about the editing - as if I had said anything about that (which I didn't).

And, accepted.

I believe it is just a matter of time. Jimmy want's it to happen it seems. Just imagine how difficult it will be to get tickets and how expensive though. If they hit NY City for example, they would have to play 6 or 7 nights at the Garden to please most fans. I think outdoor venues are unlikely. Maybe Dome stadiums though? I'll travel wherever I have to but it will be tough getting tickets.

Thanks for this, Beatbo! I WANT TO BELIEVE... :)
Always believe, I have heard this too, and I believe It is true. Jimmy said Led Zeppelin will start touring in autumn of 09 then that is what will happen!

Shit. You just used a word that I don't understand (being an Icelander), and now you're gone and I can't ask you what it means, Lakey. :(

I wonder if it really is something to do with laws. :unsure:

It's like,"oh lordy"or "lord have mercy."

Used frequently in our neck of the woods,ya'll.

Thanks for the clarification, jabe.

I wonder what was so offensive in what I wrote.... Was it the part where I explained why it looked to me like it was something personal - or the part where I accept solar's explanation? :unsure:

Never mind. B)

Au revoir, Lakey. :wave:

It's like,"oh lordy"or "lord have mercy."

Used frequently in our neck of the woods,ya'll.

Hmm, I think I'm the only one who writes it as y'all... must be cuz I wasn't born in the south, although I've lived here longer than anywhere else. (I don't like sweet tea either -pronounced 'swate tay' for you non US southerners).

jabe is correct... it's like oh lordy... or lawsamercy... B)

Thanks for the clarification, jabe.

I wonder what was so offensive in what I wrote.... Was it the part where I explained why it looked to me like it was something personal - or the part where I accept solar's explanation? :unsure:

Never mind. B)

Au revoir, Lakey. :wave:

Otto, it wasn't that you (or solar) wrote anything offensive... more of a commentary on how easily folks are being misunderstood these days. The trudging on was because there will be so many more things here and there... but this one was clarified and settled, and therefore, I can trudge on to the next.

Sorry for being so cryptic... and just confusing things. Have a glass of tay. B)

Otto, it wasn't that you (or solar) wrote anything offensive... more of a commentary on how easily folks are being misunderstood these days. The trudging on was because there will be so many more things here and there... but this one was clarified and settled, and therefore, I can trudge on to the next.

Sorry for being so cryptic... and just confusing things. Have a glass of tay. B)

Ah, there you are! :D Sorry how late I am responding to this, I haven't been on in the last couple of days. Oh yes, misunderstandings do arise very easily over the internet - in general. I've been on both ends of that, and I guess most of us have at one time or another. B)

Archived