Led Zeppelin isn´t art!

led_zep_girl_92

Well, that is, what my music teacher is saying :rant: For him, the only accepted kind of music is that, what was written at least 150 years ago; mainly Beethoven and Mozart. He really said:"Led Zeppelin - that isn´t art; its just simple entertainment music."

That stupid idot :rant: :rant: :rant: He had studied music in university for several years; but he has no idea of it! I don´t expect him to like Led Zeppelin, but considering them as talented musicians wouldn´t be too much!!!

well I think they aren't art yet....art is boxed in frames, hanging at the Luvre...Led Zepp's music is still alive and kicking, it's rock in your face.

it can never be prim and proper, listen to it while having a cup of tea thing :) be glad that it isn't.

it's freakin' raw emotion and dripping sex!

Your music teacher is an ass. Art is in the interpretation. To some people the Venus De Milo is just a naked chick with no arms. Andy Warhol hangs fucking Campbell's Tomato Soup on a wall and he's an ARTIST. :rolleyes:

Led Zeppelin is the Highest form of Art.It brings a Smile to your face.It brings Women to your Bed.

It brings a emotional feeling that cant be described Oh yeah baby its art.Picasso just wishes He could have made Stairway or Kashmir.Rembrandt would have been thrilled with The Ocean or The Rain Song.Van Gogh would have loved Tangerine are Thank you.Michelangelo would have freaked at Over the Hills and Far Away.Monet would have sold his soul for In My Time of Dying.And My point is Yes it is Art A--R--T !

everyfuckingthing is art, if you sign with a famous artists name.

A torn piece of paper is art when it is made by picasso!

If you want to see it like that; even Easy Listening crap is art. Not to talk of Led Zep.

But you have to see that the classical stuff like Bach and Beethoven is beyond all art. It is written by geniis (if that is the right Plural...) and you can't compare their art of perfection with Led Zeps art of energy.

everyfuckingthing is art, if you sign with a famous artists name.

A torn piece of paper is art when it is made by picasso!

If you want to see it like that; even Easy Listening crap is art. Not to talk of Led Zep.

But you have to see that the classical stuff like Bach and Beethoven is beyond all art. It is written by geniis (if that is the right Plural...) and you can't compare their art of perfection with Led Zeps art of energy.

JP and RP are not geniuses?

It has been said they are.

Well, that is, what my music teacher is saying :rant: For him, the only accepted kind of music is that, what was written at least 150 years ago; mainly Beethoven and Mozart. He really said:"Led Zeppelin - that isn´t art; its just simple entertainment music."

No, it's not art, it's rock and roll, man...and so it should be, let's not over-intellectualise it.

A pudding doesn't need to be a soufflé to be equally delicious...

No, it's not art, it's rock and roll, man...and so it should be, let's not over-intellectualise it.

Again, art is in the beholder. An artfully created pudding need not a souffle be! :lol:

The Rain Song is art. Ten Years Gone is art. Distill it down from there. Art is creativity in action. A well executed shot block is art. Sidewalk paintings can be truly magnificent works of art.

I get the rock and roll sentiment, but at times those moments of brilliance border on masterworks.

well I think they aren't art yet....art is boxed in frames, hanging at the Luvre...Led Zepp's music is still alive and kicking, it's rock in your face.

it can never be prim and proper, listen to it while having a cup of tea thing :) be glad that it isn't.

it's freakin' raw emotion and dripping sex!

Now that description I like :beer:

the products of human creativity; works of art

the creation of beautiful or significant things

a superior skill that you can learn by study and practice and observation

LZ creates art man.

Listen, i don't want to be misunderstood!

I didn't say there are not geniuses, its just a complete different kind of art!

Listen to, er, Brandenburg concerts by Bach and you'll find a perfection you never heard befor. In Rock'n'Roll, perfection is boring. But in each good kind of art you'll find this supernatural vibration (sounds esoteric i know).

PEACE! :hippy:

Edit: Oops! i quoted the wrong person. I meant to answer (and apologize to) tye dye. Sorry Gainsbarre.

Edit: Oops! i quoted the wrong person. I meant to answer (and apologize to) tye dye. Sorry Gainsbarre.

It's okay :)

What is art anyway really? Art these days seems to be any object, music, physical doing that is completely useless but put on display...

Actually I think that's what art should be, any object, action or decorative item that has absolutely no use whatsoever should be considered art.

Your music teacher is an ass. Art is in the interpretation. To some people the Venus De Milo is just a naked chick with no arms. Andy Warhol hangs fucking Campbell's Tomato Soup on a wall and he's an ARTIST. :rolleyes:

And what's up with the Mona Lisa?

Not even a good looking babe at that :D

Again, art is in the beholder. An artfully created pudding need not a souffle be! :lol:

The Rain Song is art. Ten Years Gone is art. Distill it down from there. Art is creativity in action. A well executed shot block is art. Sidewalk paintings can be truly magnificent works of art.

I get the rock and roll sentiment, but at times those moments of brilliance border on masterworks.

i so agree with you , ev. art, like beauty, is in the eye of the beholder. humans are such complex creatures, we are all different. art, including music, is here for our enjoyment. to anhance our lives. so enjoy what you like, and move past things you dont. dont try to over analyse everything. zeppelin is not art........it is FINE ART!!!!!!!!!

Led Zeppelin's music is art. Visual art, too, actually. B)

Yes, I agree. They always take pains to present themselves artistically, visually, don't they?

And what's up with the Mona Lisa?

Not even a good looking babe at that :D

You know s/he's a transexual, right? B)

Yes, I agree. They always take pains to present themselves artistically, visually, don't they?

Yep, from 1973 on, no question about it. And they always gave a good deal of thought to the album covers. But actually what I had in mind is something else: there is an unusual visual dimension in their music itself. I would like to explain what I mean later, as it is a multi-faceted and pretty complex topic, and I don't have time now to write about it properly. :)

Archived