Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
Miar

The Yardbirds

Possible "new date"...War Memorial in Rochester on December 26, 1966

Democrat and Chronicle (12/18/66) (Rochester, NY)

1966 12 18  Democrat and Chronicle (Rochester, NY).jpg

Democrat and Chronicle (12/25/66) (Rochester, NY)

1966 12 25  Democrat and Chronicle (Rochester, NY).jpg

1966 12 25  Democrat and Chronicle (Rochester, NY) (2).jpg

Edited by SteveAJones

Montreal cancellation in December 1966...date unconfirmed as I can find no other mention whatsoever of this in The Gazette archive

The Gazette (12/17/66) (Montreal)

1966 12 17  Gazette, The (Montreal, Canada).jpg

23 minutes ago, SteveAJones said:

Possible "new date"...War Memorial in Rochester on December 26, 1966

Democrat and Chronicle (12/18/66) (Rochester, NY)

1966 12 18  Democrat and Chronicle (Rochester, NY).jpg

in Russo's book:

12/26 War Memorial Auditorium, Rochester, New York, US (with ? & The Mysterians and others as part of "Dick Clark's Christmas Tour")

12/27 Fifth Dimension Club, Ann Arbor, Michigan, US (with Richard & The Young Lions and December's Children)

6 minutes ago, SteveAJones said:

Montreal cancellation in December 1966...date unconfirmed as I can find no other mention whatsoever of this in The Gazette archive

The Gazette (12/17/66) (Montreal)

Date was supposed to be Dec. 27

YARDBIRDS_MONTREAL.jpg

18 hours ago, sam_webmaster said:

in Russo's book: 1966

12/26 War Memorial Auditorium, Rochester, New York, US (with ? & The Mysterians and others as part of "Dick Clark's Christmas Tour")

12/27 Fifth Dimension Club, Ann Arbor, Michigan, US (with Richard & The Young Lions and December's Children)

18 hours ago, sam_webmaster said:

Date was supposed to be Dec. 27

Eye Thank Yew!

On 6/20/2019 at 11:02 AM, Chris ingram said:

Autographs from the Bristol corn exchange, signed on the 26th may 1967, this is the flyer the signed the week before 

7DCB36CB-7EB4-4ED4-B61D-3DFD72640036.jpeg

13A4EB5E-B145-4F4A-846A-2EA62BF8CB75.jpeg

I have them as playing the Corn Exchange on the 23rd of May, and at the Tiles Club in London on the 26th.

Would love to hear the recently surfaced (apparently privately) recordings of The Yardbirds that are thought to be from San Francisco (7/26/67) and Concord (5/29/68).

http://ledzepnews.com/2020/08/17/previously-unheard-recordings-of-jimmy-page-performing-with-the-yardbirds-have-surfaced-online/

Edited by luvlz2

On 6/25/2019 at 10:00 PM, thozil said:

I have them as playing the Corn Exchange on the 23rd of May, and at the Tiles Club in London on the 26th.

An interview with Jimmy Page was published in the May 20, 1967 issue of Record Mirror. I don't have it so I can't confirm if he discusses this upcoming show in particular or the tour itinerary in general.

1 hour ago, luvlz2 said:

Would love to hear the recently surfaced recordings of The Yardbirds in San Francisco (7/26/67) and Concord (5/29/68) that have only been released privately apparently.

Who has provided proof of the date and/or proof a recording exists? I show Dreja (possibly with Relf) went on a five day photographic excursion from May 26-30, 1968. Dreja said this five day break was deliberately planned in advance of the tour as they all realized it would be their last visit to the US before they left England and Dreja wanted to take the opportunity to shoot photos. 

3 hours ago, SteveAJones said:

Who has provided proof of the date and/or proof a recording exists? I show Dreja (possibly with Relf) went on a five day photographic excursion from May 26-30, 1968. Dreja said this five day break was deliberately planned in advance of the tour as they all realized it would be their last visit to the US before they left England and Dreja wanted to take the opportunity to shoot photos. 

My mistake, they are thought to be from those dates according to the article I read over at Led Zep News. I edited my previous post.

7 hours ago, luvlz2 said:

Would love to hear the recently surfaced (apparently privately) recordings of The Yardbirds that are thought to be from San Francisco (7/26/67) and Concord (5/29/68).

http://ledzepnews.com/2020/08/17/previously-unheard-recordings-of-jimmy-page-performing-with-the-yardbirds-have-surfaced-online/

FWIW the ChromeOxide Yardbirds database, which has been around for a while, includes the same set lists for these shows. Wonder where they got them from.

5 hours ago, Zep Hed said:

FWIW the ChromeOxide Yardbirds database, which has been around for a while, includes the same set lists for these shows. Wonder where they got them from.

Oh, Chrome Oxide. Yes, it's a worthwhile site but it also regurgitates that The Yardbirds played Luton on 7/7/68. I rest my case.

14 hours ago, SteveAJones said:

These dates are real. They're in Greg Russo's book & also have ads. They began circulating a few weeks ago from the master reels and are certainly worth hearing. The 1967 show may have already been circulating in poorer quality. I think I had it on cassette a long time ago, when I used to do the Yardbirds official site... will try to find it to compare.

1967-07 - yardbirds - fillmore.jpg

1968-05 - yardbirds - oakland.jpg

2 hours ago, sam_webmaster said:

These dates are real. They're in Greg Russo's book & also have ads. They began circulating a few weeks ago from the master reels and are certainly worth hearing. The 1967 show may have already been circulating in poorer quality. I think I had it on cassette a long time ago, when I used to do the Yardbirds official site... will try to find it to compare.

Eye Thank Yew, Sam. Will update my files accordingly.

4 hours ago, sam_webmaster said:

Thanks, Sam.

Do you agree with Steve that the Yardbirds' last gig was NOT Luton on 7/7/68?

44 minutes ago, Zep Hed said:

Thanks, Sam.

Do you agree with Steve that the Yardbirds' last gig was NOT Luton on 7/7/68?

It was definitely scheduled (there's an ad/flyer for this gig), but as nobody seems to remember it taking place, I'd say it most likely did not.