For fellow hayfever victims!

MATTY PAGE

Hello all,

Just wanted to see (and I imagine there will be) if there are other hayfever suckers on here.

If so, it's a right pain in the arse isn't it? Maybe some of you know of some secret antidotes you could share with us. A teaspoon of honey local to your area everyday is quite a good medicine for this annoying sneezy fever.

So anyone got anything worth sharing?

Cheers

Yep, mine is pretty bad. I used to take prescription Claritin, then it became available over the counter. It was expensive, about $1 a pill. Then Costco started offering a generic equivalent, AllerClear. 300 tablets for $11.29!!! So I'm good for nearly a year on just $11.

I have it really bad. And it doesn't help that my body tends to get used to medicine fairly quickly.

I've jumped between Claritin, Zyrtec, Allegra, Nasonex, and so many more I've forgotten their names.

The only thing I've found that helps is the Dayquil liquigel pills. And as those are only 4 hours, I have to take 4 a day. 2 Antihistamines (what we call "pink specs" in my family because they're pink and smaller then tic-tacs) get me through the night, but I usually wake up sneezing, "crying" (as in, my eyes are itchy and watery), and gasping after eight hours.

I've found Advil Cold And Sinus with the Antihistamine works quite well. Doesn't space you out and get you all nervy. They only last up to 4 or 5 hrs but I've found that the ibprofan in it really helps with sinus pressure.

I've found Advil Cold And Sinus with the Antihistamine works quite well. Doesn't space you out and get you all nervy. They only last up to 4 or 5 hrs but I've found that the ibprofan in it really helps with sinus pressure.

I must admit that, beyond the hayfever, the other reason I take the "pink specs" is because they make me drowsy and I can actually fall asleep at night. Though the hayfever is the MUCH bigger reason...

I must admit that, beyond the hayfever, the other reason I take the "pink specs" is because they make me drowsy and I can actually fall asleep at night. Though the hayfever is the MUCH bigger reason...

I hear ya. That is the reason I stopped taking the once a day stuff. I'm more symptimatic these day's so I can treat it for shorter spells. These are non drowsy but I have no problem sleeping when using them

I don't have it now, but I have had it. I took Claratin 24 Hour, and it worked really well. My mom bought me the Wal Mart when it ran out, and it didn't work as well or nearly as long. I also drank lots of tea with honey.

Archived