Raising Sand' Album Earns Three AMERICANA Nominations

ROBERT PLANT & ALISON KRAUSS' 'Raising Sand' Album Earns Three AMERICANA Nominations

According to Nashville's City Paper, the Robert Plant & Alison Krauss CD "Raising Sand" has earned three of the most prestigious nominations for the seventh annual Americana Awards.

Besides being nominated for "Album of the Year", Krauss and Plant are also among those tabbed for "Duo/Group of the Year", and a tune from the CD earned a "Song of the Year" bid when the nominations were announced Wednesday afternoon in Nashville.

The seventh annual Americana Music Association Honors & Awards show will be held Sept. 18 at the Ryman Auditorium. Once again the show will be hosted by Jim Lauderdale and feature a house band led by Buddy Miller.

I'm not familiar with these awards--since they're out of Nashville, I assume they're for country? (I hope Robert and Alison are giving Buddy Miller the night off for this show!)

It's for Americana. Yet another term used to describe "alt.country" or "No Depression". In other words, the flipside of what people normally associate with "Nashville". This shit ain't Rascal Flatts.

75.jpg

The cover of the final issue of No Depression (the unofficial "bible" of Americana music) with Buddy Miller on the cover that went out of print earlier this year. However it will continue in a new concept called a "book-a-zine" that will be published twice a year. If you're interested in knowing more check these links:

Americana Music Association

No Depression magazine

Archived