CARDBOARD SLEEVE REISSUES

The Pagemeister

LED ZEPPELIN 40TH ANNIVERSARY SHM-CD CARDBOARD SLEEVE REISSUES:

Ten 40th anniversary cardboard sleeve reissue from Led Zeppelin's golden age, featuring the high quality SHM-CD format (compatible with standard CD players) and cardboard sleeve replica of the original UK LP artwork. Each album features unique features replicating the original artwork from openable windows spinning wheels. All audio based on the 1994 digital remasters unless stated otherwise.

Led Zeppelin I, II & III - use a replica of the original E-style jacket in slightly smaller "Tiny-Jacket" format printed with turquoise blue ink (just like the original UK first press), plastic coating, Red-Maroon label (not the green-orange design of the regular edition Atlantic presses of the time), and replica blue "Nihon Gramophone" obi from the time of the debut.

Led Zeppelin IV - This version of "Led Zeppelin IV" uses a replica of the original E-style jacket, Red-Maroon label (not the green-orange design of the regular edition Atlantic presses of the time), and replica Warner/Pioneer obi from the "Rock Age Sound 7" Japanese first press of this release.

Houses Of The Holy - This version of "Houses Of The Holy" uses a replica of the original E-style jacket and original English horizontal print obi (previously only released in vertical print).

Physical Graffiti - This version of "Physical Graffiti" uses a replica of the original E-style jacket with each of the original window openings fully functonal in this release (previous cardboard sleeve reissues have not been able to accurately duplicate the detail on the original LP up until now).

Presence - This version of "Presence" uses a replica of the original E-style jacket with embossed band name, title, and Swan Song logo.

The Song Remains The Same - This version of "The Song Remains The Same" uses a replica of the original E-style jacket with embossed illustration. Audio comes from the 2007 digital remasters.

In Through The Out Door - This version of "In Through The Out Door" uses a replica of the original E-style jacket and E-style inner jacket recreating the paper quality and ink color of the original LP release.

Coda - This version of "Coda" uses a replica of the original E-style jacket with embossed band name and title.

http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/list_from_code_ba...html?key=184022

So without wanting to appear negative, this is a bit of a bugger for anyone who happened to have bought the previous cardboard-sleeve remasters.

If the audio isn't revamped then I can't really see any point at all in picking these up (unless you're obsessively daft & have far too much disposable income). :huh::wacko:

Or am I missing something here - is this SHM-CD thing likely to be any improvement on what's out there already?

So without wanting to be appear negative, this is a bit of a bugger for anyone who happened to have bought the previous cardboard-sleeve remasters.

If the audio isn't revamped then I can't really see any point at all in picking these up (unless you're obsessively daft & have far too much disposable income). :huh::wacko:

Or am I missing something here - is this SHM-CD thing likely to be any improvement on what's out there already?

Pretty much describes most folks here, doesn't it? ;)

To PISS on the Party.....

I'm just the Messenger:

http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/grapes/-/cdjblog/...ssues_cancelled

June 13, 2008

"Hey all, this week I've got some bad news for those of you whom either ordered or planned to order the "Led Zeppelin 40th Anniversary SHM-CD Cardboard Sleeve Reissues." We've just discovered that the manufacturer has decided to cancel the release of all ten items in the series. Furthermore, since none of the ten items will be released, we will be unable to present the "Led Zeppelin" cardboard sleeve campaign we began yesterday.

We are unable to give out any details, but we have been told the manufacturers are still planning to release these items at some point, and in some shape. We'll keep you updated with information if we receive any word about releases in the future.

If you have purchased one of these items, we should be contacting you via email regarding your purchase. On behalf of CDJapan, I'd like to say that we are terribly sorry for the way this turned out and we apologize for any inconvenience we may have caused. Sorry guys, we were looking forward to these releases as much as you were."

Archived