Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
Henrik

Is there anybody out there?

animals

dark side of the moon

relics back when i experimented lsd relics was my fav.

the wall

wish you were here

Yeah man, Piper is a great album. I too love Syd, who knows what would've happened if he had stuck around..

i am in love with piper and animals.

and man have you ever watched that live at pompeii video?

outta sight.

I can't pick a favorite Floyd album.

I love them all for different reasons.

Brilliant artists. :thumbsup:

When you're one of the few to land on your feet

what do you do to make ends meet?

teach

make 'em mad, make 'em sad, make 'em add two and two

make 'em me, make 'em you, make 'em do what you want them to

make 'em laugh, make 'em cry, make 'em lay down and die

The ONLY Floyd I will always acknowledge are psychedelic Floyd...............NOOOOOO The Wall rubbish for me!! :) :) :)

PINKFLOYDBackCatalogueposterallback.jpg

A much less depressing take on The Wall can be found on Luther Wright and the Wrongs' Rebuild the Wall in which they recast the entire record in a country/bluegrass mold.

515F5BAHA4L._AA240_.jpg

Back in the day, I thought "Live at Pompeii" was the most boring rock movie of all-time. Seeing that at a Midnight show was pure torture. I don't know what drugs they were on, but that movie is like watching two snails sprint. In fact, I remember one tortured evening watching "Yessongs" and "Pompeii" in a single sitting....obviously the weed was good....and yes, we did puff in the theatre back then. :D

Actually, I haven't seen it in a very very long time....curious if my opinion would be different today.

Well, David Gilmour has come out to say that while he was inspired by the Zep reunion, he is not interested in a Floyd reunion...

PINK FLOYD star DAVID GILMOUR has denied claims his band is set to reform - despite being inspired by LED ZEPPELIN'S triumphant comeback. The English musician reunited Pink Floyd for a one-off for Live8 in 2005, but insists he's too "happy on his own" to get back with his bandmates. He says, "I saw the Led Zeppelin show and it was brilliant. As to whether they should do more shows, they should do what makes them happy. "Regarding Pink Floyd, we do what makes us happy. What makes me happy is making my music on my own and touring, which I have just done." Led Zeppelin reformed for their much anticipated one-off concert in London on Monday (10Dec07) as a tribute to late Atlantic Records founder Ahmet Ertegün

i recently saw roger waters in tampa,fl and he played all of the wall and dsotm.if you like great bass

like-money and time-comfortably numb -sheep-most p.f. fans listen to gilmours guitar and miss the great genius in roger waters bass-since listening to him live,i have great appreciatio for his talent!

i recently saw roger waters in tampa,fl and he played all of the wall and dsotm.if you like great bass

like-money and time-comfortably numb -sheep-most p.f. fans listen to gilmours guitar and miss the great genius in roger waters bass-since listening to him live,i have great appreciatio for his talent!

Yeah he is great, plus the guitarist they got playing the solos can pull it off like David Gilmour.

Saw Roger back in May at Earls Court, probably the best gig I've been to.

I saw Dave last year in Toronto, and it was awesome. You figure, he had Rick Wright on keyboards, Dick Parry on saxophone, it was pretty close to a Floyd show! Add in Jon Carin, and Guy Pratt, and you're only Nick Mason short of a 1994-era Floyd show.

Their renditions of 'Echoes' and 'Wots...Uh, The Deal' and other Floyd jewels were simply great.

Animals FTW.

I remember 4 of us skipping school (which involved actually GOING to the school parking lot to score/catch a buzz UNTIL the bell rang, THEN back to my friend Rick's house after his mom went to work :lolo:) and getting to his house (he had the killer system - huge pioneer receiver, Duul turntable, massive altec-lansing speakers) and ripping the cellophane off of "Animals" as we loaded redbud in the one-hit bong.

Pigs hit me the hardest initially, then Sheep, then after repeated listenings, Dogs.

Hearing it for the first time with a massive buzz and killer system is one of my fondest memories.

Although sitting on the hood of a Datsun pickup leaned back on the windshield on Daytona Beach at sunrise Easter morning 1978 on 4 purple microdots while a nearby van was cranking DSOTM is a close second :D

VERY close.

Id like to know what many of you Pink Floyd fans have been smoking. The best album they ever did is Dark Side of the Moon. After that Id take Wish You Were Here and the Wall. forgive my typing-going in for surgery soon. (no not brain surgery, spine surgery). Ill be "Comfortably Numb" when the percocet and morphine kicks in and all on this site will get a much needed vacation from my insanity. However, i really cant believe you would rate animals first you animals. As much as I love pink fl0yd I must say Im not to happy with their greediness. Waters I think has gotten about as many PR points lately as McCartney.

:thumbsup: i agree dark side but i like animals

I just got Nick Mason's book Inside Out as an early Christmas Gift. It's excellent. I highly recommend it to any Floyd fans.

However, i really cant believe you would rate animals first you animals.

Next to Darkside I'd say Animals is the bands most complete and consistant album. Nothing really jumps out at you the same way Shine On or Echoes do but the whole album has a great atmosphere that works well with its themes. I'd say its the only album from any of the early 70's supergroups that really responded to punk effectly without losing the bands identity/sound.

The Wall for me marks the poitn at which Waters started to take over the group as not only do you have a much smaller contribution from Gilmour and Wright but the themes become less open to interpretation and more direct statements.

Can anyone tell me who sings what part in Let There Be More Light? Every place that I've looked this up says something different. Are the quiet parts Rick Wright with Roger Waters whispering and the loud parts David Gilmour? Or Roger Waters with Rick Wright whispering? Who's who!?

I think your first assumption is correct (the quiet parts Rick Wright with Roger Waters whispering and the loud parts David Gilmour)

Funny thing about the Wall, it's really the only love/hate album they have made. I heard countless opinions and what is said here reflects what i have heard.

If i had to pick my fave, it would be Meddle. Fearless is probably my all time Floyd track but really, thier music is timeless. I continue to listen to the whole library and love it to death.

I never really liked The Wall :thumbdown:

Animals was not as easily accessible as WYWH for me.

I totally concur.......The Wall literally drives me UP the wall.......Relics is the REAL PF or any album/comp conatining See Emily Play, Careful with the Axe......, Arnold Layne, Dark side of The Moon.....no Wall will stand up to those songs :)

PINKFLOYDBackCatalogueposterallback.jpg

I have a Question. I've been a Pink FLoyd fan as long as i like Zep, but one thing always bothered me. The album Wish You Were Here, on the inner pager, there is a pic of Waters and Gilmore under the lyrics for the song Wish You Were Here (CD). What am i seeing. i think i know what I'm seeing, but i felt weird about actually studying the pic enough to get a definite answer. I can't find anything on the WWW about this. Can somone send me a PM.

Sorry can't help out, but I'm sure someone here will be able to answer your query.....now you've got me curious too! :)