Charity Auction - Signed 02 Programme

Livewire Youth Music Project are auctioning a hardback 02 gig programme signed by Jimmy Page, Robert Plant and John Paul Jones, this comes with a letter from Led Zeppelin/Jimmy Pages Accountant who has kindly donated the item.

This is a genuine auction for a piece of real rock n roll history and is a must for any Led Zeppelin fans out there.

People may recall earlier this year Livewire auctioned a personally signed dvd, Bobby from the US was the winning bidder at £450 and had it signed to Bobby from Jimmy Page.

Livewire is a charity working with some 846 plus young people (13 to 20 year olds) evenings, daytimes and weekends, it works one to one with young people with either special needs or issues and particularly young people with autistic spectrum needs.

It runs evening generic music sessions for 100 plus young people 5 nights per week offering guitar, bass, vocal and drum lessons as well as music technology and soon will be offering live sound engineering and event lighting and management training, it has two recording studio's, a rehearsal studio and a coffee bar for young people to hang out and play rock band or guitar hero and a recently completed 250 capacity live music venue.

More details at Visit our myspace theres loads of photo's etc of what we do etc.

Anyone wanting more info please email me at andy@livewireyouth.com

Thanks again to Led Zeppelin for not only being the greatest rock band in history but for being a generous and cool bunch of guys too.

Peace and respect

Andy

led1.jpg

oh thats really cool! unfortunately i dont have money to bid with though. i am interested in this charity, what a great idea! my 7 yo son has aspergers syndrome, which is a milder form of autism. id love a program like that for him.

Hiya we work with young people with aspergers their great, so honest, there maybe a music based project near by, let me know your location and we'll do some research for you.

All the best

Andy

hi andy. i live just north of sydney, on the east coast of australia.

Hiya I will look around our contacts and see if anyone know of anything your kneck of the woods.

We have found though that music is a fantastic tool for young people with Autism/Aspergers to communicate through and many of them are fantstic musicians.

All the very best

Andy

im hopeing my little boy will be musical, his father is quite a gifted player and composer, and he ( well i believe ) has aspergers also. they are like two peas in a pod.

Well I know some people will think this is strange but I think Aspergers is a wonderful condition in many ways, they are the most honest and beautifully creative young people Ive worked with and Ive worked with a lot in 17 years.

Maybe his father could set soemthing up if there's nothing organised, I would be more than happy to offer support from afar.

All the very best

Andy

Well I know some people will think this is strange but I think Aspergers is a wonderful condition in many ways, they are the most honest and beautifully creative young people Ive worked with and Ive worked with a lot in 17 years.

Maybe his father could set soemthing up if there's nothing organised, I would be more than happy to offer support from afar.

All the very best

Andy

hmm maybe.......they are both a bit opposition defiant disorder as well. usually to get them to do sometuhing new, i have to somehow get them to think its their idea. im sure you know all about this, though!

I can understand that, maybe talk to your Son about learning to play an instrument, sow some seed then ask dad if he can teach him and take it from there, music is such a fantastic way for people to communicate, personally, emotionally, socially and spiritually, its the ultimate expression of a person or group of people adnd linking that with the barriers to communication often associated with most of the autistic spectrum conditions such as Aspergers music can really set a person free and give them a whole new outlook on life.

Send me an email at andy@livewireyouth.com and I will stay in touch with you regarding this.

All the very best

Andy

Yeah, that'd be a real gem for any collection... I just hope whoever gets it is the "right" kind of Zeppelin fan.

Pray tell me what the "right" kind of Zeppelin fan is?

Is it:-

1. Someone who was in his/her late teens in 1969 and is now is about the same age as the band members and is a respectable citizen?

2. Someone young who thinks it is cool to be retro?

3. Someone who lives in la-la land and thinks the band (complete with Robert) will record/tour again?

4. Someone who believes that the spirit of Zeppelin is alive and well? If so what was that spirit (other than good songs (often "borrowed")? Sure they did some things that other men would have loved to have done, but they were never revolutionary or political in any way. They were just four f*****g good musicians who had a wild time, some sad times, made great records, did great concerts and made mega money. I'm not knocking them at all but I can't see the idolatry that some fans have. I have been in Robert's presence and he is a normal guy. He talks about normal things, football, tennis, cars and drinks beer - and drives an Audi! On stage he may have been a "god" but in real life is just like anyone else - but richer.

5. (and the most ridiculous answer) a fan who likes the music?

So where does the "right" come into it?

Pray tell me what the "right" kind of Zeppelin fan is?

Is it:-

1. Someone who was in his/her late teens in 1969 and is now is about the same age as the band members and is a respectable citizen?

2. Someone young who thinks it is cool to be retro?

3. Someone who lives in la-la land and thinks the band (complete with Robert) will record/tour again?

4. Someone who believes that the spirit of Zeppelin is alive and well? If so what was that spirit (other than good songs (often "borrowed")? Sure they did some things that other men would have loved to have done, but they were never revolutionary or political in any way. They were just four f*****g good musicians who had a wild time, some sad times, made great records, did great concerts and made mega money. I'm not knocking them at all but I can't see the idolatry that some fans have. I have been in Robert's presence and he is a normal guy. He talks about normal things, football, tennis, cars and drinks beer - and drives an Audi! On stage he may have been a "god" but in real life is just like anyone else - but richer.

5. (and the most ridiculous answer) a fan who likes the music?

So where does the "right" come into it?

me thinks that if you have to ask this, then maybe its not you................... :D

me thinks that if you have to ask this, then maybe its not you................... :D

Is that what you think?

So you think I am not a "right" sort of fan?

Why is that?

That to which you are a slave is over. All that is left is the music and the memories. No-one needs to be a slave to that!

Whilst in 2008 you can enjoy the music and the memories (that is what a fan does) you should not be a fanatic over something that happened a long time ago. We can see in other areas of life what problems fanatics bring. Your country, Australia, is one of the few countries which sees that and takes steps to prevent it. However a Zeppelin fanatic is pretty harmless!

Is that what you think?

So you think I am not a "right" sort of fan?

Why is that?

That to which you are a slave is over. All that is left is the music and the memories. No-one needs to be a slave to that!

Whilst in 2008 you can enjoy the music and the memories (that is what a fan does) you should not be a fanatic over something that happened a long time ago. We can see in other areas of life what problems fanatics bring. Your country, Australia, is one of the few countries which sees that and takes steps to prevent it. However a Zeppelin fanatic is pretty harmless!

chill out babe, it was a joke! :D

From our perspective, we are a charity, a music charity and we hope whoever wins the auction gets loads of enjoyment out of owning something associated with one of the greatest rock bands in history, how one defines a fan is irrelivent, age, gender and level of passion for a band are unemportant... Do you enjoy the music Led Zeppelin offer? Yes? Then your a fan....

Come on folks crack open those piggy banks and get bidding :o)

All the best

Andy

• 3 weeks later...

Archived