foo fighters exploiting jimmy and jp.jones

I've got my own personal views about the need to produce Film footage of led zeppelin or led zeppelin related appearances.but now this is the icing on the cake.(or cream of the milk)How can the Foo fighters get away with having jimmy page and j.p.jones as a special guest appearance and then make a film about it.OK it may have been dave grouls best day of his life but i wouldn't have said that it justified making a movie about there appearance .Remembering that led zeppelin have very HIGH standards about there performances .(live aid performance excluded from dvd release etc)I wouldn't say that 2 songs that the foos were involved in would be justification in making a movie.I only hope that this isn't that special "Christmas "treat that fans of led zeppelin will receive in our Christmas stocking this year. http://heavymetalmusic.biz/2008/06/12/half...ic-video-movie/

Your unjustified and unjustifiable attack on Grohl and the Foos is ridiculous, and you should be ashamed of yourself for posting it.

This is one of the dumbest posts I have seen here, and that is saying something.

Jimmy Page and John Paul Jones have obviously consented to being filmed and recorded. Dave Grohl and the Foo Fighters are in no way taking advantage of them, or exploiting them.

Whether or not the gig was to be recorded if Page/Jones didn't play is irrelevant. Without any inside knowledge, I would bet that the camera crew were shooting the previous concert at the same venue the night before as well.

End.

Something missing from threads like this (yes, there are others on this forum), is that Jimmy & John Paul considered the Foos were "worthy" of playing with them.

Look, as far I'm concerned they can play with whomever they like as long as it's live.

Rumoured "new" material for possible release, even an instrumental tour would be fine.

Of course seeing all the "lads" together again of which ALL of us agree, would be the preferred option.

I honestly have never heard the Foo Fighters, but wonder why our boys aren't collaborating with some older blues musicians, while the chance is there?

Good point, but its probably because Grohl wants to play Zeppelin tunes and it appeals more to the boys than jamming with older blues musicians wanting to stick to the traditional 12 bar scale.

As Page frequently says, "Led Zeppelin is my favorite band." B)

On some other sites I've visited (some not even music related), I've heard some people knocking Zep for "stealing" old bluesmans' songs and not respecting certain aspects of blues history. I know it's crap - but it would be something to shut these people up, if Zep members were to do some work with the surviving bluesmen. But nothing says these old bluesman would be interested, anyway - maybe some don't care for Zep's arrangements or personalities?

Your unjustified and unjustifiable attack on Grohl and the Foos is ridiculous, and you should be ashamed of yourself for posting it.

ashamed ;ashamed of WHAT ;NOT wanting to buy this concert footage with the guest appearance of jimmy and john paul jones.Look when led zeppelin did the 02 concert "jimmy" ;wanted to make sure that the sound /lighting etc was perfect or the best quality that they could possibly get for this gig.(he even rang Elton john for some advise on the 02 arena)Ok of course its good that jonesie and jimmy are still playing and in good form but the whole idea behind sound quality starting to get put on the back burner as soon as this project was put together,If they really want to encourage Robert to join them on stage, doing guest appearances with out a well rehearsed singer or songs that where more suited to there vocal range then of course Robert will stay where he is.

If they really want to encourage Robert to join them on stage, doing guest appearances without a well rehearsed singer; or songs that were more suited to their vocal range; then of course Robert will stay where he is.

I really have to respectfully disagree with you about this whole thread, and this is not an attack on you:

I don't think that what they do, or do not do, will affect Robert at all. If Zeppelin were to tour or play a handful of dates some time this year or next, don't you think those arrangements would have already been, or be in process of sorting out within the band?

I don't see how any "fan" of Led Zeppelin could possibly be upset with any circumstances regarding JP and JPJ performing with members of The Foo Fighters.

-So what the press said "Led Zeppelin" to describe JP & JPJ's appearance. Anyone who expects the press to be right all the time is gonna be disappointed. Besides, what would get bigger headlines?

-Who really cares whether The Foo Fighters release a DVD that may contain the guest appearance? In 10 years when there won't be any reunion speculation, you may look back and wish for some professionally released performance with these two. There really aren't many bands as famous as Zeppelin. If you were in a band, and they came and played with you, wouldn't you want to put them on your DVD? Besides, if they are on the DVD, Jimmy and/or Jonesy would have given permission. Led Zeppelin is Jimmy's band. Who are we to question when and where the likeness, music, and images of the band are used?

I think we all should just be happy they are out there playing (and well I might add), and remain hopeful something more happens in the near future.

the whole idea behind sound quality starting to get put on the back burner as soon as this project was put together,If they really want to encourage Robert to join them on stage, doing guest appearances with out a well rehearsed singer or songs that where more suited to there vocal range then of course Robert will stay where he is.

I don't agree that the sound quality was compromised, although I have not heard high-quality audio recordings of the gig. Just because Jimmy didn't spend weeks preparing the venue for the gig does not mean they were compromised. Remember, these are professional musicians, who have been working for some nearly 50 years. They are experienced and capable of making a judgment whether or not the sound quality will be acceptable. Anyway, Zeppelin in it's heyday played some pretty shocking shows that sounded pretty ordinary (sound-wise and performance-wise). You should not fall into the trap of deifying these people.

Do you think Robert would be put off by JP/JPJ playing with less than perfect singers? If anything I would think it would show Robert that they need him, and no-one else is as good. But as JP said recently, he is not going to actively persuade RP to tour - RP will make that decision for himself.

ashamed ;ashamed of WHAT ;NOT wanting to buy this concert footage with the guest appearance of jimmy and john paul jones.Look when led zeppelin did the 02 concert "jimmy" ;wanted to make sure that the sound /lighting etc was perfect or the best quality that they could possibly get for this gig.(he even rang Elton john for some advise on the 02 arena)Ok of course its good that jonesie and jimmy are still playing and in good form but the whole idea behind sound quality starting to get put on the back burner as soon as this project was put together,If they really want to encourage Robert to join them on stage, doing guest appearances with out a well rehearsed singer or songs that where more suited to there vocal range then of course Robert will stay where he is.

No. You made an ATTACK on the Foos in your thread title and then completely failed to substantiate the claim that Jimmy and Jonesy had been 'exploited' in any way. You still haven't, and never will.

No. You made an ATTACK on the Foos in your thread title and then completely failed to substantiate the claim that Jimmy and Jonesy had been 'exploited' in any way. You still haven't, and never will.

Exploit, verb:

Use or manipulate to one's advantage; draw from; make good use of.

Yeah I reckon the J's exploited the Foos shamelessly!

IMO they granted Dave what many a musician wishes for, to play with Led Zeppelin or least some of them.

No-one has given any credit to JP & JPJ for fulfilling a musicians dream.

They see something in them or they wouldn't have played with them.

Surely it wasn't a case of picking a new band just to promote their music to a younger audience?

Exploit, verb:

IMO they granted Dave what many a musician wishes for, to play with Led Zeppelin or least some of them.

Surely it wasn't a case of picking a new band just to promote their music to a younger audience?

Agreed, Reggie. :) And Jonesy had already worked with them in the studio as we all know.

As for the question....good point. I don't think they actually picked the Foo Fighters, and believe it was the other way around as Ross Halfin has said in his blog, and what Grohl said before they joined them on stage pretty much seems to confirm that. But JP and JPJ were willing to do it, and the appearance does of course promote their music to a younger audience, - which is great. :D

Exploit, verb:

Bravo! Totally agree with this post. Normally I wouldn't post "me too" but, seriously, you think JPJ and JP didn't get something out of this? They got to play to a full house at Wembley! No nasty ticket lottery, either.

Clearly they enjoyed it hugely. And they exposed the LIVE music to tens of thousands of younger fans. It looked like everyone there went apeshit; there wasn't an unhappy person there.

If anything, the FOOS were "exploited." But since Grohl said it's the best day of his life, he doesn't sound terribly abused.

If lovin' this is wrong, I don't wanna be right...

And welcome, Foo for thought! :wave:

Yes that is ridiculous. I have no idea how you could make a comparison between the Foo Fighters and Madonna. If you need anyone to tell you what the difference is you certainly should not be listening to Zeppelin.

Can you honestly think they had no intention of filming that show before 1/2 of Zep showed up? Yes it's quite easy to call a film crew the afternoon of a show and have them prepared and ready.

I don't need to know the difference because there just isn't. Foo Fighters is simply not rock music just like Madonna isn't. And if you're telling me Foo Fighters is your kind of rock then you do not know Zeppelin at all.

If you need anyone to tell you what the difference is you certainly should not be listening to Zeppelin.

I suppose only the likes of you should be listening to Zeppelin. Because Zeppelin is a long shot over Madonna but is similar to Foo Fighters.

Puh-leeze. Do not disrespect my Zeppelin.

Certainly no crime in not liking Dave Grohl or the Foo Fighters, but the Timberlake-Madonna comparison is off by a very long shot.

I'll take Grohl over another Puff Daddy incident evry day of the week. ;)

LOL.

However, did you see Foo Fighters in last year's AMA? PDiddy is doing so well.

Anyway, that's just me...

Diddy or Grohl Jimmy is still the The Greatest Riff right!

You come from the land of ice and snow /foo foo. The foo fighters (dave groul) knew to all to well that jimmy and jonesie want to be playing in a band (Led Zeppelin )and dave groul has been publicly putting himself "out there "as the replacement drummer for john Bonham as soon as the 02 concert was announced .But instead BIG MOUTH dave groul couldn't shut his big mouth and be like a normal person and sit back and let Jason Bonham do his stuff.Talk about a typical American musician who thinks he has the right to EXPLOIT Jimmy and J.P.J just because Robert is out there doing whatever with Alison bluegrass,Just because jpj produced an album for them (FOO fighers)he is Using them to satisfy his own ego. can't you see that ;or are you blinded by the Ice and snow that surrounds you? YOU NEED COOLIN

You come from the land of ice and snow /foo foo. The foo fighters (dave groul) knew to all to well that jimmy and jonesie want to be playing in a band (Led Zeppelin )and dave groul has been publicly putting himself "out there "as the replacement drummer for john Bonham as soon as the 02 concert was announced .But instead BIG MOUTH dave groul couldn't shut his big mouth and be like a normal person and sit back and let Jason Bonham do his stuff.Talk about a typical American musician who thinks he has the right to EXPLOIT Jimmy and J.P.J just because Robert is out there doing whatever with Alison bluegrass,Just because jpj produced an album for them (FOO fighers)he is Using them to satisfy his own ego. can't you see that ;or are you blinded by the Ice and snow that surrounds you? YOU NEED COOLIN

I come from Eyesland, MM, and don't need coolin' much. :D

EyesErnst.jpg

Talk about blinded...you make NO sense.

I don't need to know the difference because there just isn't. Foo Fighters is simply not rock music just like Madonna isn't. And if you're telling me Foo Fighters is your kind of rock then you do not know Zeppelin at all.

Unbelievable. I'll take Foo-for-Thought's original notion, and go one better: If you need the difference between the Foo Fighters and Madonna explained to you, you're an idiot. And clearly Jimmy and JPJ would agree with me more than they would agree with you, since they've now collaborated with the Foos on several occasions, and I don't recall them jamming with Madonna. They rock enough for members of Led Zeppelin, and that's good enough for me. You admonished Foo-for-Thought for disrespecting Zeppelin, but I'd say YOU are the one disrespecting them, since you feel that they jam with the likes of Madonna. Maybe they should consult with you first next time, and make sure the band they want to play with rocks hard enough for 'Robert's Plant'. :rolleyes:

Hehehe.....why are you soooo angry?

If you don't like the Zep guys playing with the Foo Fighters, please go complain to Jimmy and JPJ, and tell them they should never jam again with any band in the world.

They would for sure understand that your ego has been hurt and never do such naughtynaughtynaughty things again with bad people like Dave Grohl....

Also please go sit in the front row of a Plant/Krauss concert with a big cardboard sign that reads "Alison, you are Zeppelin's Yoko Ono"

Robert would surely appreciate your enlightened opinion.

:D :D :D

So let me get this straight, if you like the Foo Fighters and you think they rock, I don't know Zeppelin?

Then what exactly are you saying to JPJ and JP? Aren't you insulting them in a REALLY big way? Questioning their taste? Questioning their judgement?

I suppose only the likes of you should be listening to Zeppelin. Because Zeppelin is a long shot over Madonna but is similar to Foo Fighters.

Puh-leeze. Do not disrespect my Zeppelin.

I think you've already done that by insulting JPJ and JP for their CHOICE on who to play with. I don't care who they decide to go onstage with. IF they decided to go on with ANYONE no matter what my opinion, I would have to stop and think that they have the credentials to make good choices and I'd stop and take a listen. I'd respect their opinions. So for that, it appears I respect Zeppelin a little more than you do.

So again let me get this straight, you are saying that JPJ and Jimmy cannot make their own decisions about who they play with and the great hypnotist Dave Grohl came along and put shock collars on them in order to manipulate them on to their stage. Grohl spent weeks and weeks brainwashing these 2 poor old rockers who no longer can think for themselves, told them that it wasn't he that was going to be on stage, but Robert Plant. He blindfolded them brought them out on stage. Because of the brainwashing, when the blindfolds came off, they didn't see Grohl, they saw Plant so they happily started playing along.

Then they signed over all of Zeppelins music to Dave Grohl and he owns the rights to it. Dave isn't just a hypnotist but GOD HIMSELF!!!! All great musicians should be warned. The exploitation here is incredible. You know what? I'll bet Grohl and Plant were in it together. The plan for him to play with Allison so Dave could work his magic. I think they will need to do a 20/20 special on this entire story.

Archived