Jason want's reunion

ro_a

The truth is that if he waits much longer it wont really matter. The 02 was incredible, but had to be toned down for Plant. While he was great, if there was one weak link at that show, it was him. I am not saying that he can't still perform LZ, but if he waits much longer..................... :huh: A great substitute is Chris Robinson. If Plant wants to stay tempermental, there are others out there.

still trollin'?

Bonham hopes for Zeppelin Tour - BBC Newsbeat

BBC NEWS

Bonham hopes for Zeppelin tour

by Kev Geoghegan

Radio 1 music reporter

Jason Bonham says he would go on tour with Led Zeppelin in "a heartbeat".

He is the son of the band's original drummer John Bonham, who died in 1980.

Bonham took his father's place at Led Zep's reunion gig at London's 02 Arena in December.

Since then, it has been rumoured the band will bow to fan pressure and announce some more dates.

Bonham said: "It's up to them but if it was up to me, I'd love to."

Speculation

More than eighty million people around the globe applied for tickets for the 02 event, just 18,000 of them successfully.

It was the first time in twelve years that founding members Robert Plant, Jimmy Page and John Paul Jones had performed together.

Bonham told Newsbeat: "It was a fantastic night, it was emotional, it was everything I wanted, and hoped it would be.

"I knew I could do it, but could I do it when it needed to be done, with the nerves and everything?

"It was phenomenal."

My fingers are crossed and I would do it in a heartbeat

Jason Bonham

Since last year's gig, the various members of the band have played down speculation that they will perform together again.

Ian Astbury, singer with The Cult, told an audience in LA that they were down to support a band beginning with the letters LZ.

Velvet Revolver guitarist and Guns 'n' Roses founder, Slash, refused to deny claims his band would support Led Zep.

Guitarist Page and bassist Jones teamed up with Foo Fighters on stage during their Wembley stadium gig on 7 June.

Foos singer and former Nirvana drummer Dave Grohl told the audience: "Welcome to the greatest night of my life."

He has expressed his wish to lend his services to Zeppelin if they should call on him.

Zeppelin singer Plant is currently touring the US with American country singer Alison Krauss.

He is said to have told journalists at a basketball game in January that he wasn't sure if the band would play any more gigs.

Bonham said: "I hope that I would be put into the loop at some point.

"Who knows? All I can say is that it was better than I could have imagined.

"My fingers are crossed and I would do it in a heartbeat."

Story from BBC NEWS:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/pr/fr/-/newsbeat/...000/7453270.stm

Published: 2008/06/13 15:05:41 GMT

© BBC MMVIII

oops. sorry aboot title.

GREAT!!! That makes two of us! :hysterical:

Is that what you call another point of view towards Percy??????? I guess I could say then, that you are still "Trollin" with those Percy blinders on.

But that's just it-you don't give another point of view. All you give is anger. Personally, I'm just as ticked off as you are that there hasn't been any plans. But if you can't respect the man you can't respect the band. They're people, not puppets. Do you like to do things when you're constantly pushed? Would you give it 100%? No, of course not. Well, neither will Robert. If he can't give it 100% there's absolutely no reason for him to do it, and I for one wouldn't want him to.

Like the article in the first post said, "bowing to fan pressure"-that's the idea you push. It wasn't just the Zeppelin fans who got him where he is. It was all 4 of them together. Put that in your pipe and smoke it.

Your reasoning doesn't support your argument. It's childish and selfish. Please contribute some positivity.

p.s.-I don't LIKE Koolaid, even the Robert variety

I feel GUTTED for Jason Bonham......imagine having that seat for one night and then just beig left in limbo! Awful!

I agree, but then again, many have been left in limbo. But when you consider how Jason proved himself at the 02 show, it sure does not seem fair. You would think that if for no other reason, he would do it for him. After all, Plant lost a friend, he lost a Father.

The truth is that if he waits much longer it wont really matter. The 02 was incredible, but had to be toned down for Plant. While he was great, if there was one weak link at that show, it was him. I am not saying that he can't still perform LZ, but if he waits much longer..................... :huh: A great substitute is Chris Robinson. If Plant wants to stay tempermental, there are others out there.

It's "tuned down". No cookie for you.

So let me get this straight. You bash Robert for not reuniting Zeppelin, then you say he can't sing it anyway. So what is it you want?

Toy car only goes left. Keeps banging into wall.

Oh, and I was front row for Page/Crowes at the Greet. Chris did a great job. But Robert Plant??? Are you stoned??

But i was there...

Section A, Row AA, Center..

That's front row. Not braggin', but I got spat on by more than one rockstar that night.

PageCrowesticket.jpg

The truth is that if he waits much longer it wont really matter.

Please note, I said "If he waits much longer". Wow, that must have been awesome at the Page/Crows show. You have to admit, Chris put a lot into it. You are correct, he is not Plant but I think he would be a great second choice. Robinson, Page, J.P.J., and Jason (not as good as if with Plant) but still would make some great music, and put on an incredible show.

Please note, I said "If he waits much longer". Wow, that must have been awesome at the Page/Crows show. You have to admit, Chris put a lot into it. You are correct, he is not Plant but I think he would be a great second choice. Robinson, Page, J.P.J., and Jason (not as good as if with Plant) but still would make some great music, and put on an incredible show.

For that matter, so would Randy Jackson from Zebra

Archived