Kevin Shirley mixing secret DVD project

Cactus

Sorry to rain on your parade Cactus, but I really don't think this is Earl's Court or Knebworth he's working on either.

I reckon IF Shirley is mixing Zep (and it's a BIG if), it would be the O2...

I don't think you read my post correctly - I was saying that if he is working on Zep, it is more likely to be O2 than anything else.

Reported by BBC via NME:

Led Zeppelin 'hope' to release London O2 Arena DVD

Jimmy Page says the reunion gig DVD may surface

Led Zeppelin have said that they "hope" to release a DVD of their reunion gig, which took place at the London O2 Arena last December.

The gig was filmed and rumours about a DVD have been circulating since, with guitarist Jimmy Page yesterday (June 17) hinting that a full release seems likely.

"I hope so, one day, yeah," he said, when asked by BBC 6Music if the DVD would be released. "Yeah, I should think one day the DVD will come out, but there is no hurry to do it," added bassist John Paul Jones.

"It was a special occasion, you know, and we really wanted that just to be it really," he added, when asked why the DVD was taking so long to come out.

http://www.nme.com/news/led-zeppelin/37454

I don't feel that the audio alone justifies a release. The problem is how do you market it?

Page has always been vague about these things, and I don't take him at face value. They will keep it under wraps until they choose to release the information.

I don't feel that the audio alone justifies a release. The problem is how do you market it?

Page has always been vague about these things, and I don't take him at face value. They will keep it under wraps until they choose to release the information.

I think a cd release of this show, especially with some material from the rehearsal/the rover,candy store rock, ...forget marketing, would ofcourse move.

"It was a special occasion..."(JPJ, I think)

DAMN STRAIGHT IT WAS!!

Isn't that all the more reason to allow the masses to see it? I can't understand the logic of holding it back for this reason. Underscored but the general interest evidenced by the millions of entrants in the ballot.

Should the DVD come out, does anybody know if the proceeds go to the band or the Ahmet scholarship fund? The latter would earn much more from this than from the show.

DAMN STRAIGHT IT WAS!!

Isn't that all the more reason to allow the masses to see it? I can't understand the logic of holding it back for this reason. Underscored but the general interest evidenced by the millions of entrants in the ballot.

Should the DVD come out, does anybody know if the proceeds go to the band or the Ahmet scholarship fund? The latter would earn much more from this than from the show.

It'll most likely go to the fund. I mean, the concert was a tribute to him, so why wouldn't it? Besides, the band doesn't need any more money.

It would make more sense for them to release the Ahmet Tribute : O2 Arena Show on Blue-Ray, DVD and/or DVD-Audio (double disc special editions) next, before releasing any previous Zeppelin material (like Earls Court, Knebworth, etc...) on cd or dvd/blue-ray (my opinion) if they were to do some more one-offs later this year/next year.

It shows their new visuals/stage show, Jason performing on drums, as well as the proceeds/profits from sales doing more now to benefit those in need for their special tribute/performance (the Ahmet fund).

Hopefully, the rehearsals (non-performed songs: Candy Store Rock, etc...) will be included as well as interviews by all four talking about Ahmet, his life, and this momentus event... :)

R B)

The reason I'd prefer to have an official release over the Third Eye/Katz Eye is that not enough of the awesome video screen visuals were visable. Oh, and the real audio would be DYNAMITE.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived